138 minute FFXI fan dub movie @FanFest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 138 minute FFXI fan dub movie @FanFest

Wasn't sure where to post this other than BG but remembered this forum usually has intelligent commentary.
    Took two years to make, but this covers rank 1-6 from Bastok with full voice acting.

primary trailer
    YouTube - Final Fantasy XI FAN movie trailer

alternate trailer
    YouTube - FFXI FAN MOVIE alternate trailer

Shadow Lord teaser
    YouTube - Shadow Lord Teaser

Just finished the movie the other day and wanted to get the word out for those who might be at FanFest this year. Can't distribute the file online unless Square gives the OK.

In December we will be adding
    -a "silent movie" version with English subs and no voice acting
    -subtitles in Japanese, Spanish, German, and possibly Norwegian

Hope you enjoy - please rate up if you like it and down if you don't like it on YouTube.

Thanks!

EDIT: Didn't mean to enable embedded video. EDIT2: Found a way to get the video in stereo sound.
    Last edited by ManaTreeFFXI; 11-27-2008, 01:46 PM. Reason: fix URL

Re: 138 minute FFXI fan dub movie @FanFest

Yeah saw this the other day.

Looks good, the VA just needs work.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

"I cannot believe what I am hearing" in the alternate trailer made me LOL so hard. First trailer made me drool a bit though, I'll bet the full video is great. Wonder what this would be like with JP voiceovers and subtitles.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

SE + Sunrise + Ocean Group = Decent localized FFXI movie? :3

Also, wasn't there a distinct length limit on entries?
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Also aren't third party programs totally illegal?

SE doesn't really care about the rules. They're only there so they have excuses for banning people.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            Also aren't third party programs totally illegal?

SE doesn't really care about the rules. They're only there so they have excuses for banning people.
            Given that Fraps and video recording don't break any form of in-game rules, SE doesn't recognize them as third-party tools. Besides, this was for a contest SE themselves is holding for FanFest, if I recall correctly.

So why would SE ban people for entering their own contest they asked people to enter?

-----------------------------------

I could only view the Alternate trailer (somethings buggy about some of the widescreen videos I get from YouTube), but the transitions in the trailer flowed rather well. The little bits of voice might have done better had they been interspersed throughout the trailer rather than stuck at the end. But then, that's just the trailer I'm critiquing.

Some of the voice work does seem off, but that's partly due to the lack of context from within the trailer, though a Galka anything short of baritone does sound a tad weird. Lion sounded good, and the Bastok president was passable.

You do have a good eye for flow overall. That's important.
            Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 11-26-2008, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
              Given that Fraps and video recording don't break any form of in-game rules, SE doesn't recognize them as third-party tools.
              I was speaking sarcastically there.

Imagine it in whatever voice you normally link with my posts, but high pitched, squeaky, and mocking.

If you don't have a voice you normally link with my posts, use Patrick Stewart.

Comment

I would say "nice save" but I'd be lying.

See, that was sarcastic. What you said, not so much.

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/773428-post3.html

Yes, BBQ. Totally a save. Never even heard of SE allowing third parties programs before, honestly!

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                    If you don't have a voice you normally link with my posts, use Patrick Stewart.
                    <Insert Picard Song>
                    {New Sig in the works}
                    -----------------------
                    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                    Originally posted by Solymir
                    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Working...
                    X