FFXI Vids w/ TiVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXI Vids w/ TiVO

I know you can use this to make videos if you play on 360 or PS2, but I've never actually used a TiVO. We have one in our apartment that isn't hooked up at the moment, but I kind of wanted to give it a try. Does anyone know how you actually get the video from the TiVO to a computer, and what you can use to edit the video?
    Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Re: FFXI Vids w/ TiVO

3 things:

TiVO has documentation
    www.google.com
    Read
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I don't bother with Tivos....mosly I ether just use a TV turner card or a video capture card as it's lass hassle and you don't have to pay those terrible monthly fees for what amounts to an MEPG encoder/decoder card and a hard drive.

The two things I mentioned record directly onto PCs so you don't have to bother trying to get suff off the lame box that is Tivo....

P.s.: sorry alot of it is that I don't like Tivos but TV tuner cards and vido capture cards are still better ways of recording video to PCs simply because you skip the middleman....
      Shadowneko's FFXI Newbie Guide 2009
      (have fun MMO players ^^)
      Jon Davies AKA: Shadowneko of Midradsomr...soon to be transferred to Quetzalcoatl

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        3 things:

TiVO has documentation
        www.google.com
        Read
        The whole 'go look somewhere else' response is really getting old.
        He asked a question... if you don't know, don't answer.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
          The whole 'go look somewhere else' response is really getting old.
          He asked a question... if you don't know, don't answer.
          He asked a question that is best answered with TiVO's own documentation.

The expecting everyone else to do your own research is getting old.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Umm...I wasn't expecting other people to do research for me. My actual thought was that since this was a topic area of home-made FFXI videos on a forums of people who I think to know FFXI well, someone might know it off of the top of their head from experience and be able to give me a how-to easily. Yes, I can find anything on google, but when I'm looking for specific info I generally like to ask people who I think know it first(read: you guys). Sorry for thinking that.
            Callysto of RamuhCaithsith - 75 RDM / BRD / COR / PLD / WAR / SCH / DRK

Formerly Callisto of Ramuh. | Retired 5.28.10

Callisto Broadwurst of Palamecia

Comment

How do I use [piece of hardware or software application] is asking people to do your research work for you.

loose

Comment

How do I use [piece of hardware or software application] is asking people to do your research work for you.
                He is asking people that might already know how to do it. Experience is best shared.
                sigpic

Comment

He is asking people that might already know how to do it. Experience is best shared.
                  Experience may be best shared, but trying ot learn on your own first is the best way to gain experience in something. If you do your research and then STILL don't understand is the best time to ask a question.

5 seconds spent looking on google
                  -Baka Inu!
                  Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                  Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                  Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                  Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

TiVO has documentation
                    man tivo?

Comment

3 things:

TiVO has documentation
                      www.google.com
                      Read
                      Your a sad sad man. Please, if you have nothing helpful to say then just never post again.
                      Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

What about his 'a sad sad man'?

What he posted was very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Guren View Post
                          Your a sad sad man. Please, if you have nothing helpful to say then just never post again.

he's not a sad man, it's an ongoing trend and it needs to stop. Do a little research by yourself and then formulate a question.
                          -Baka Inu!
                          Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
                          Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
                          Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
                          Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

No one is advocating laziness in this thread. I personally do much research, but sometimes it's nice to learn from others that have gone before you and not out of a book or manual. Actually inquiring about a certain topic on a forum is a type of research.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cotners View Post
                              Actually inquiring about a certain topic on a forum is a type of research.
                              Directed questions about a topic designed to fill in gaps in your knowledge is research and beneficial. The OP asked how to do what he wants to do with no previous work on his part.

How do I mine for fish?

loose

Comment

Working...
                              X