New FFXI Video Fanwork! ~Runaway Moogle Part 1~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FFXI Video Fanwork! ~Runaway Moogle Part 1~

Hey everyone! Right now I'm excited to finally release PART of this video. It's still in the works ^^ I felt that I was still taking too long to finish the whole video so why not release part of it so far? ^^ I worked really hard on it, but I don't expect that to change your judgment of it. Although, I hope you like it ^^

Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwYQWoObmA0

P.S. Sorry if the music may be a lil off. I tried hard to edit out some parts of the music and put them with the other parts that I need of the song. Also, sorry about the small text. I hope you can still see it. I also know all the mistakes I made on this movie.

Edit: Video removed for now. I still have it on my computer.
    Last edited by Rain_Blade; 09-02-2007, 06:24 AM. Reason: Needed to make a P.S. Note

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

I bolded and underlined the "is" just for you, Malacite.

Re: New FFXI Video Fanwork! ~Runaway Moogle Part 1~

It was certainly something.

Comment

Thank you for the commen t ^^ Also, can someone move this to the Homemade Video Section? I guess I looked over that and never saw it here. X_X

Aaliyah is more than a woman and she graduated with a 4.0 GPA (she only had 1 "C" grade ever in her life).

Comment

No more further comments or statements? ><
        Last edited by Rain_Blade; 06-24-2007, 09:17 PM. Reason: Read last post

Comment

Before anyone starts pointing fingers or anything, this is critisizm, not a flame.

For starters, this needs alot of work. Your camera angles and graphic quality (overall video quality to speak generally) really need some fixing. The subtitles need to be fixed a lot as well. So does the plot...

The music is not only off, but there are very bad music choices all over the place.

You've got a long way to go, but keep trying. It's not bad for a first start.

Comment

Originally posted by Eiyoko View Post
            Before anyone starts pointing fingers or anything, this is critisizm, not a flame.

For starters, this needs alot of work. Your camera angles and graphic quality (overall video quality to speak generally) really need some fixing. The subtitles need to be fixed a lot as well. So does the plot...

The music is not only off, but there are very bad music choices all over the place.

You've got a long way to go, but keep trying. It's not bad for a first start.
            Thank you for the statements. ^^ I agree with the subtitle part. I notice they may be too smal. About the plot, ppl would expect me to make it like a professional kind of story, but I want it to be decent. Normally in stories, everything seems to fit.

In reality, things don't always go that way so I wanted the main character to have the mind of a person who doesn't think too much before doing his action, but at the same time do a little vice versa also. For the songs, if you listen to the lyrics, you'll see why thye were chosen for the scene they were chosen for. Also, the music is off as I already mentioned because I edited parts together because I didn't want a scene to have the WHOLE song. I mainly made these videos for fun and people to enjoy. ^^ I didn't want it to be like overall top or anything. Although, ty for the criticism. ^^ I take it as advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Rain_Blade View Post
              Thank you for the statements. ^^ I agree with the subtitle part. I notice they may be too smal. About the plot, ppl would expect me to make it like a professional kind of story, but I want it to be decent. Normally in stories, everything seems to fit.
              In reality, things don't always go that way so I wanted the main character to have the mind of a person who doesn't think too much before doing his action, but at the same time do a little vice versa also. For the songs, if you listen to the lyrics, you'll see why thye were chosen for the scene they were chosen for. Also, the music is off as I already mentioned because I edited parts together because I didn't want a scene to have the WHOLE song. I mainly made these videos for fun and people to enjoy. ^^ I didn't want it to be like overall top or anything. Although, ty for the criticism. ^^ I take it as advice.
              You don't seem to understand me.

The subtitles are very inconsistent. They need to be the right size and stay that way, and they also need to stay on one part of the screen unless it hinders view of something.

I'm not expecting a professional story, I'm expecting one that makes sense and is attention-grabbing, and one that would actually make for something worth spending 10 minutes to watch a video for.

The music still does not fit. Music with lyrics generally distracts the audience from the main video, and should only be used when there is no dialogue of any sort going on. Otherwise, the song MUST be timed to where the lyrics only occur when no dialogue is happening.

I appreciate that my advice was taken. Your current story isn't very much of one, but if you added more drama to it and put in a bit more effort, it could be alot better.

Comment

Originally posted by Eiyoko View Post
                You don't seem to understand me.

The subtitles are very inconsistent. They need to be the right size and stay that way, and they also need to stay on one part of the screen unless it hinders view of something.

I'm not expecting a professional story, I'm expecting one that makes sense and is attention-grabbing, and one that would actually make for something worth spending 10 minutes to watch a video for.

The music still does not fit. Music with lyrics generally distracts the audience from the main video, and should only be used when there is no dialogue of any sort going on. Otherwise, the song MUST be timed to where the lyrics only occur when no dialogue is happening.

I appreciate that my advice was taken. Your current story isn't very much of one, but if you added more drama to it and put in a bit more effort, it could be alot better.
                Thank you very much ^^ Honestly, that really helps. I'll try to do better next time (next movie, not part II since I've already got much done). ^^ I really appreciate it since I do want to get better and have some advice from people who are experienced with this.

Edit: I have a question. For what you said about music, what if that was referance to an actual music video where there's no dialogure but the song is about the video? About the video quality, I see np at all on my screen.
                Last edited by Rain_Blade; 06-24-2007, 05:11 PM.

Comment

i checked my post and i got a system message about posting a url but i didn't post a url lol now i gotta write everything over.

this is my first post and i'm a big fan of fan made video games. my friend aldon was interested in the videos of this section since he plays the game, but i don't though ; ; mainly because i won't my own account so that's when i get to pay my own fees. so i stop by and saw this video about moogle, and its very nice although like the top said, the usbtitle coul be better, but i enjoyed watching it! have a good day

also, poor moogle!

Comment

Originally posted by WildFirePyrone View Post
                    i checked my post and i got a system message about posting a url but i didn't post a url lol now i gotta write everything over.

this is my first post and i'm a big fan of fan made video games. my friend aldon was interested in the videos of this section since he plays the game, but i don't though ; ; mainly because i won't my own account so that's when i get to pay my own fees. so i stop by and saw this video about moogle, and its very nice although like the top said, the usbtitle coul be better, but i enjoyed watching it! have a good day

also, poor moogle!
                    Ty for the comment! Yeah the subtitle thing became a problem for me in the beginning but it seems a little consistant through the rest of the movie. Also, I guess I'll cut out the wanting criticism part of my post. It's just a little funny when you post a Fan-made video for fun an then there's a person who also makes them post something about changes they could be better and I pretty much take that as "That's what YOU would do if you made." Video-makers seem to expect more of another video-maker since they make them and they have their own suggestions of what they'd like. For Music Choice, I honestly like them and I always have reasons for the songs.

Ppl have different taste, but I'm putting the things that I like on it. If they don't like it, the there's an option called "Mute" for you that's available. I just want to make videos for people to enjoy and I made it for fun, but when a person starts to act like they're an official judge on your video, then it's a little funny. To me, it pretty much depends what you say and how you say it for me to recognize what you're trying to act as. For the storyline, people with story intelligence just like to go off on details. Although, I just wanted to make decent storylines that ppl still can understand.

Like I said to other ppl, I still think about what ppl say rather I want to use what they said or not. I do understand that many ppl have gotten far to wear they are by listening to all of what they heard to get better, but I don't want my video taken as a simple thing and to be easily judged harshly for when I have been workin hard on it. Mainly I just wanted to get this out of me. Lol. Anyway, thank you for the people who took the time to watch it. I really appreciate it.

Next movie (if I ever make another), I'll put it into parts since I do understand people may want to stop at a certain point and watch the rest later. Pause comes in handy, but no one really wants to wait for the whole movie to load and put the cursor to where you stopped on after waiting that long.

I didn't mention names!

Comment

Ty for the comment! Yeah the subtitle thing became a problem for me in the beginning but it seems a little consistant through the rest of the movie. Also, I guess I'll cut out the wanting criticism part of my post. It's just a little funny when you post a Fan-made video for fun an then there's a person who also makes them post something about changes they could be better and I pretty much take that as "That's what YOU would do if you made." Video-makers seem to expect more of another video-maker since they make them and they have their own suggestions of what they'd like. For Music Choice, I honestly like them and I always have reasons for the songs.
                      Ppl have different taste, but I'm putting the things that I like on it. If they don't like it, the there's an option called "Mute" for you that's available. I just want to make videos for people to enjoy and I made it for fun, but when a person starts to act like they're an official judge on your video, then it's a little funny. To me, it pretty much depends what you say and how you say it for me to recognize what you're trying to act as. For the storyline, people with story intelligence just like to go off on details. Although, I just wanted to make decent storylines that ppl still can understand.
                      Like I said to other ppl, I still think about what ppl say rather I want to use what they said or not. I do understand that many ppl have gotten far to wear they are by listening to all of what they heard to get better, but I don't want my video taken as a simple thing and to be easily judged harshly for when I have been workin hard on it. Mainly I just wanted to get this out of me. Lol. Anyway, thank you for the people who took the time to watch it. I really appreciate it.
                      Next movie (if I ever make another), I'll put it into parts since I do understand people may want to stop at a certain point and watch the rest later. Pause comes in handy, but no one really wants to wait for the whole movie to load and put the cursor to where you stopped on after waiting that long.
                      I didn't mention names!
                      "Video makers" don't have their own cult, and we're not a stereotype, so please don't make it seem that way ><; You asked for critisizm and you got it. Just keep in mind that each person gives different kind of critisizm, so don't cut yourself off entirely just because you get intimidated. You'll never improve that way.

I'm somewhat of a professional at this, so I do tend to be a bit "strict". The thing is that the more experience you have, the more minor things you notice that could make or break your video (for example, you're recording a WTFPWN awesome cutscene and in the middle of it a conquest update comes up...very annoying and it always throws the audience off BIGTIME, especially in a climax...). Making a good video doesn't happen quickly; it took me a year or two of practice before I made the videos I make today.

The only thing I try to do is influence others as to what makes a video that the general audience will enjoy. I've got experience in that. If anything, look up how popular TV shows and movies were filmed, especially certain techniques, and that can really boost how things work, from an angle to the lighting to the zoom.

Also, one of my main secrets is that the config menu is your fffrrriiieeeennnndddd =3 It's actually amazing how many people I've seen make videos and they don't even know that menu exists (some of them actually pulled off some good videos, which was quite astounding considering what their settings were O.O).

Comment

I just watched it and think it really quiet good the end confused me but other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by wardy484 View Post
                          I just watched it and think it really quiet good the end confused me but other than that.
                          Thank you. Right now I'm just so busy with FFXI. Before the movie, I was SO bored and was just doing almost nothing. After the movie, I got so much into the game plus Windows Movie Maker is crap sometimes >< Need to get someting better. I still appreciate Eiyoko's comment even now. I took it hard in the beginning, but she said she didn't want to lie so I appreciate that. About the ending, I accidentily went to fast with the test >< Ty for commenting. I'm really tryin to get this done.

Comment

Thank you. Right now I'm just so busy with FFXI. Before the movie, I was SO bored and was just doing almost nothing. After the movie, I got so much into the game plus Windows Movie Maker is crap sometimes >< Need to get someting better. I still appreciate Eiyoko's comment even now. I took it hard in the beginning, but she said she didn't want to lie so I appreciate that. About the ending, I accidentily went to fast with the test >< Ty for commenting. I'm really tryin to get this done.
                            Windows Movie Maker isn't a bad program, I'll tell you that - but there are plenty of other programs out there that are loads better, lol. In my experience, WMM is very buggy, so you have to treat it nicely to get out a good video (kinda hard when you try to time stuff and the program lags out *sob*).

Don't try to go too fast with making a video - even if you're anxious to show off your creation, yes, it's very tempting to do such things. Take your time and you'll do great. Not even the best of the best out in the REAL movie industry made it there overnight, ya know. ^.~

If I can be of any help at all, you know how to reach me. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Comment

Says its been removed <_<

Comment

Working...
                              X