'Yearning'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Yearning'

I think I've found a way to introduce FFXI to my WoW friends without them feeling as if I'm forcing it on them. I've run into a few snags here and there with the programs I use to piece these things together, so I'm wondering if anybody else has any advice on the matters.

FRAPs works very well and, as you can see from the logo in the videos, my resolution as well as background resolution is completely maxed out, all settings are set to high, and all weather and other effects are turned on as well. The game only begins to skip when I'm trying to record in an area where long distances or speedy animations are being rendered. The raw output files are perfect, and it's the compression from Windows Movie Maker that I'm having the most problems with. It turns that perfection into pixelated JPEG-like quality, which toads the wet sprocket, and leaves me wondering if there are any other programs out there that are as easy to use as WMM, but offer better compression. I'm considering purchasing FRAPs.

Here's my second production:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oxox66xqNU

This one just sort of fell together as well. I think I transferred a little bit of what I'm going through right now into the video, which gives it its overall feel. I believe the light-heartedness with which I assembled the video lends itself to the feel as well. The music ties it all together very well, as if he were floating along.

I'm going to attempt something slightly more polished and meaningful on my next attempt.

Re: 'Yearning'

Very nice. I'm really looking forward to the next one. I liked the music a lot as well, I'm gonna have to download that.

Comment

Re: 'Yearning'

Whoever posted the video response, you should have included a spoiler warning! Either way, it was very nice and looked a lot cleaner than mine. Bravo!

I think I might do the next video in AF, either Paladin or Dragoon. Or perhaps Puppetmaster if I wait long enough...

Comment

Working...
      X