Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the original source of the famous DRK Kraken Club vid?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still seems like a useful tool for PLD or a TANK for the sole purpose of holding hate. You stricking continuously like that seems like you should build TP fast too so even though it's a club used it gives a possibility of skillchains that a tank might be able to assist in.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

You guys only sort of understand what you saw.

DRK souleater uses takes 15% (AF helm +5%) of the DRK's HP and uses that as damage per hit.

SO, you saw him first use 1h swd in main hand and kraken club in off hand, he started off using Spirits Within WS a 1h swd ws that ignores defense and does damage based on health + tp.

Then he turns around (he got aggro) changes kraken club to main hand and removes sword entirely (now this is where he wants to hit as fast as possible, thus kraken club only)

He casts utsusemi:ni (which absorbs 3x hits when subbed, this is the only reason why he is subbing NIN) remember Soul Eater uses 15% of CURRENT HP and converts that to damage.

Then he uses last resort (atk up), then Soul Eater and Blood Weapon (which absorbs hp per hit, again trying to keep HP as close to max as possible).

Then he turns around and beats the tar out of the turtle.
      Notice that he is hasted.
      Kraken Club has chance to hit 2-8x per swing.
      Each hit will add 15% of the drk's hp to damage.
      The DRK has 1300+hp

Now I'll let you do the math, and I'm sure you will now understand why the drk never lost agro even though the blm's were spamming ancient magic (well..as much as you can spam an 18 sec cast time spell).

Comment

most of it wasnt ancient magic it was just high blizzard series ;o

Comment

There was a RDM on the side Chainspelling Blizzard IIs and a couple of Cures. He was the one with the halloween hat and the mining gear.

Comment

Still seems like a useful tool for PLD or a TANK for the sole purpose of holding hate. You stricking continuously like that seems like you should build TP fast too so even though it's a club used it gives a possibility of skillchains that a tank might be able to assist in.
            Being a paladin is handy no? Highest skill ranking in three weapons is deffinatly nice. (1 Hand Sword: A+, 1 Hand Rod/Staff/Hammer & 2 Hand Staff: A-) So yes, the kraken club is a nice tank weapon with the added effect of the paladin being able to use moonlight and give back the entire party MP if they so choose.
            http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/profile.xml?18900

Comment

whoops my mistake hehe :sweat:

i never really paid atten. to what spells were being cast, just took others word for it

Comment

Originally posted by Kesai
                He casts utsusemi:ni (which absorbs 3x hits when subbed, this is the only reason why he is subbing NIN)
                i thought utsu:ni always made 4 copy images sub or no sub..

Comment

Re: Anyone know the original source of the famous DRK Kraken Club vid?

Originally posted by Taoist
                  i thought utsu:ni always made 4 copy images sub or no sub..
                  i believe that changed in an update, and does anyone have this vid, i think the links down and its been eons since i saw this vid

Keyura [Remora] ★ WHM52/BLM26 ★ BRD75/WHM37 ★ BLM62/WHM31 ★ SMN33/WHM16 ★ RNG15/WAR7 ★ BST19/WHM9 ★ (Active in Red)
                  Greenkingdom LS to chat, Akui LS for sky, and Higeki LS for dynamis.
                  Saroku [Unicorn] ★ WHM5 ★ (Active in Red)

Pingpong used his Masamune, but Keyura dodged! Pingpong's anger grows by 13.

Comment

Re: Anyone know the original source of the famous DRK Kraken Club vid?

i know this is old but i was just looking at old post i wonder does anyone still know where this video is none of the links work anymore and i would like to see

Comment

Working...
                    X