Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

I feel similarly. And I wouldn't classify myself as an atheist. More of a secular humanist, I guess. I'm definitely not a theist though. It just...isn't who I am. Or who I've ever been.

Back to the discussion of my apartment, I took a quick snapshot of the exterior yesterday as I arrived home. Not the best shot, but whatev. I live in what is called the Design District downtown. Because there are no less than five architectural firms, two branding firms, and three graphic design firms in a three block radius of my apartment. The building on the left there is one of the branding firms. The people who work there are dicks.

Comment

• Re: pix of ppl who play ffxi...or at one time played FFXI....for f**ks sake...

Isn't "not a theist," by literal definition, an atheist? >_>
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Perhaps, but I'm not a pedant either. I just think Atheist rubs people the wrong way, so I don't define myself that way. Then again, I don't define myself by my religious views anyway, so I generally find the entire discussion annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
          Isn't "not a theist," by literal definition, an atheist? >_>
          No.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
            No.
            Mind clarifying for the rest of us, then?
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

When you could open wikipedia? Not really.

Comment

I foresaw that response, so I did so before I submitted.

Originally posted by Theism
                Theism, in the broadest sense, is the belief that at least one deity exists.[1][2] In a more specific sense, theism refers to a doctrine concerning the nature of a monotheistic God and his relationship to the universe.[3]
                Originally posted by Atheism
                Atheism, in a broad sense, is the rejection of belief in the existence of deities.[1] In a narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.[2] Most inclusively, atheism is simply the absence of belief that any deities exist.[3] Atheism is contrasted with theism,[4] which in its most general form is the belief that at least one deity exists.[5][6]
                !Theism = Atheism

Unless I missed something there.

Which is why I asked you to clarify.
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Typically atheists are very vocal about their lack of belief in a god, and they are much more "religious" (in a manner of speaking) about it. Where someone saying they are not a theist is just someone who doesn't really think about or worry about a god in any sense. There is a distinction, though slight. Most atheists are very adamant about being a nonbeliever. Nontheists just don't believe and don't really dwell on it.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post

Oh how beautiful Murphie! Gosh I'm so damn jealous. lol I hope your next place is as beautiful! ^^
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                      I foresaw that response, so I did so before I submitted.

!Theism = Atheism

Unless I missed something there.

Which is why I asked you to clarify.
                      Again, not necessarily.

Secular Humanism

Secular Humanism is a secular philosophy that espouses reason, ethics, and the search for human fulfillment, and specifically rejects supernatural and religious dogma as the basis of morality and decision-making. Secular Humanism is a life stance that focuses on the way human beings can lead happy and functional lives.

Though Secular Humanism posits that human beings are capable of being ethical and moral without religion, or God, that is not to say it assumes humans to be inherently or innately good. Nor does it present humans as "above nature" or superior to it; by contrast, the humanist life stance emphasises the unique responsibility facing humanity and the ethical consequences of human decisions.
                      Secular Humanism describes a world view with the following elements and principles:

Need to test beliefs – A conviction that dogmas, ideologies and traditions, whether religious, political or social, must be weighed and tested by each individual and not simply accepted by faith.

Reason, evidence, scientific method – A commitment to the use of critical reason, factual evidence and scientific methods of inquiry in seeking solutions to human problems and answers to important human questions.

Fulfillment, growth, creativity – A primary concern with fulfillment, growth and creativity for both the individual and humankind in general.

Search for truth – A constant search for objective truth, with the understanding that new knowledge and experience constantly alter our imperfect perception of it.

This life – A concern for this life (as opposed to an afterlife) and a commitment to making it meaningful through better understanding of ourselves, our history, our intellectual and artistic achievements, and the outlooks of those who differ from us.

Ethics – A search for viable individual, social and political principles of ethical conduct, judging them on their ability to enhance human well-being and individual responsibility.
                      Building a better world – A conviction that with reason, an open exchange of ideas, good will, and tolerance, progress can be made in building a better world for ourselves and our children.
                      TGM - Thank you! I do like living here, though my neighbors can be asses at times. I've yet to encounter a place in Cincinnati that I would enjoy living as much as I enjoy living downtown. I grew up in the suburbs, but will be a city boy for the rest of my life, I think.
                      Last edited by Murphie; 10-16-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Thought I'd brighten the thread up with another pic, a cute one this time (thats the dog not me) I look quite aged in this pic

Comment

Oh you do not look aged one bit! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you Jarre! Nice to see you! The picture is cute and the puppy is meh.
                          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

It is a pretty adorable puppy.

Comment

Really? Meh, Jarre is cuter!

Comment

I like puppies a lot, so I am biased.

Comment

Working...
                                X