Puppetmaster damage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Puppetmaster damage

Pointing to your WS to argue who is top DD is soooooo 2004. Most FFXI players grew out of this phase just like the grew out of looking at EXP per kill and started looking at EXP per hour.

Really, its all about damage over time. Parse damage ver time and Weaponskills together contrast to what other jobs can do for real results.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      Pointing to your WS to argue who is top DD is soooooo 2004. Most FFXI players grew out of this phase just like the grew out of looking at EXP per kill and started looking at EXP per hour.

Really, its all about damage over time. Parse damage ver time and Weaponskills together contrast to what other jobs can do for real results.
      I normally would totally agree, but before this update all PUP had was their DoT in parties. Now, with this update, we have best of both worlds.

Not sure if I am alone on this, but I have max merits on Puppetmaster including STR, Critical, HP, H2H and all Puppetmaster merits.

I worked hard to be the way I am on Puppetmaster. You may have seen some bad PUP on certain servers , but please everyone, don't judge all of us based on a few bad puppeteers. If we did that to every job then the game would go straight to hell and no one would invite any other job.

Basicly, if we don't stop this, we will turn into WoW lol.
      Nagasaki - Odin - 75 Puppetmaster

Comment

You have to make sure that automaton doesn't get whacked before the WS goes off.

>_> and you're not seriously arguing that it's easier to obtain the Apocalypse.
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
          You have to make sure that automaton doesn't get whacked before the WS goes off.

>_> and you're not seriously arguing that it's easier to obtain the Apocalypse.
          Who is talking about the Apocalypse here?

Anyway, I have never had my automaton die even with AoE monsters. If you are a good enough PUP you know what to do to stay alive.

Comment

>. > you wouldn't say that about some of the nastier mobs, e.g. Absolute Virture or Alexander or Odin. (Radial Sacrament, Zantetsuk, Meteor Aeroga IV etc >_>)

and I brought up Apocalypse a while ago when I first mentioned DRK, or did you just gloss over that completely? Claiming a neat little trick you can do as PUP (and it is pretty impressive make no mistake) is greater than obtaining what's arguably the most powerful weapon in the game (which takes well over a year and hundreds of millions of gil to obtain) is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Now let's drop this already @.@; like I said before, Go DRK and Go PUP ^^ I both. Actually I suppose I should have posted that other insane video I saw of a DRK single handedly taking out most of a Troll Hoplite's (Sp? The PLD types in Besieged) HP by abusing a KC and Giant's Drink (seriously scary stuff >_> he was popping that damn thing for almost 400 a smack) Makes me wish SE would extend Blood Weapon to a full minute to match Souleater.

Honestly though please use this ub3r WS on something fun like an Open sea mob (I forget what the mob type is, but there was that pic form a while ago of a SMN doing a 6k Flaming crush to it), a Qutrub (closing Light) or good old Boreal Hound. Just for the sake of putting out obscenely high numbers XD
            sigpic

Comment

Understood. This has been tested on Kirin. We had 3 PUP in the party spamming this and Kirin dropped pretty damn fast if you ask me.

DRK is an amazing DD no doubt. The fact I was trying to make is that any PUP can do this and not every DRK can be as great as those with Apoc.

Thats all ^_^

Comment

^^b

Kirin is kind of a joke these days now though. You gotta try it up against the more nasty mobs like the CoP Wryms and again, the absolute BS that is Absolute Virtue (who can and will spam Meteor for 2000+ dmg...) and other mobs that just love to whore out the ridiculous AoE attacks.

Still waiting for those Qutrub/Sea results XD I bet ya you can hit 20k easily.
                sigpic

Comment

nice damage but...as far as DoT goes there are more efficient jobs that can do it with much more safe means and in terms of spike damage well...what does that marid con to you?

I like leveling jobs(except lolrdm of course) that are considered "bottom of the barrel" by the majority but you have to concede that there are pups as good as(or better) than you and have considered this. We "bottom of the barrel" jobs have our many strongpoints (the most common soloing) but we also have our finite limits in terms of damage compared to the cookie cutter combos and bandwagon(unfortunately). You may win a few times with spike damage but as far as DoT goes...don't expect to blow the top guns out of the water.

Grats on your damage though

Main Jobs- Rdm 60 Smn 31 Bst 28 Blu 27

The Quetzlcoatl Gimp's SS Gallery

Comment

Nerfed!

Thread Closed? (since SE fixed the WS as I figured they would)
                    sigpic

Comment

even though its nerfed you can still do a 1k mm which is not bad. and armor piercer is doing a good 1300+ on birds and other mobs.

by the way before the updates to pup my puppet master was always either 1st or 2nd in the parses. From lv 50-66.

Our Dot is very high, and its hard for other job sto be able to match our dd now, with just Ah gear.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoris View Post
                        even though its nerfed you can still do a 1k mm which is not bad. and armor piercer is doing a good 1300+ on birds and other mobs.

by the way before the updates to pup my puppet master was always either 1st or 2nd in the parses. From lv 50-66.

Our Dot is very high, and its hard for other job sto be able to match our dd now, with just Ah gear.
                        Very true. Despite what a lot of people say, PUP is an amazing DoT job. I can be on parse with a Monk for DoT if I add my damage with my automatons damage.

To many people just look at the Puppetmaster's damage and see it is lower compared to other jobs, so they throw it to the wayside. If you look closely, add up the total damage being done by both, you will see PUP was originally made to be a DoT job and not just a spiker.

Before the nerf of MM, PUP had everything going for it. Now, with the nerf, I can still pull out a total combo of about 3.2k easy. Not as great, but, it is less hate towards the automaton, but like I said, if you know how to play your job correctly, everything is hateless for a puppetmaster

Well, I said mostly everything I wanted to.

Good luck to all future puppetmasters and I hope everyone that read this thread found it helpful or informing.

~Guren

Comment

Working...
                        X