Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Puppetmaster damage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guren
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Originally posted by Thoris View Post
    even though its nerfed you can still do a 1k mm which is not bad. and armor piercer is doing a good 1300+ on birds and other mobs.

    by the way before the updates to pup my puppet master was always either 1st or 2nd in the parses. From lv 50-66.

    Our Dot is very high, and its hard for other job sto be able to match our dd now, with just Ah gear.
    Very true. Despite what a lot of people say, PUP is an amazing DoT job. I can be on parse with a Monk for DoT if I add my damage with my automatons damage.

    To many people just look at the Puppetmaster's damage and see it is lower compared to other jobs, so they throw it to the wayside. If you look closely, add up the total damage being done by both, you will see PUP was originally made to be a DoT job and not just a spiker.

    Before the nerf of MM, PUP had everything going for it. Now, with the nerf, I can still pull out a total combo of about 3.2k easy. Not as great, but, it is less hate towards the automaton, but like I said, if you know how to play your job correctly, everything is hateless for a puppetmaster

    Well, I said mostly everything I wanted to.

    Good luck to all future puppetmasters and I hope everyone that read this thread found it helpful or informing.

    ~Guren

    Leave a comment:


  • Thoris
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    even though its nerfed you can still do a 1k mm which is not bad. and armor piercer is doing a good 1300+ on birds and other mobs.

    by the way before the updates to pup my puppet master was always either 1st or 2nd in the parses. From lv 50-66.

    Our Dot is very high, and its hard for other job sto be able to match our dd now, with just Ah gear.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Nerfed!

    Thread Closed? (since SE fixed the WS as I figured they would)

    Leave a comment:


  • Khidir
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    nice damage but...as far as DoT goes there are more efficient jobs that can do it with much more safe means and in terms of spike damage well...what does that marid con to you?

    I like leveling jobs(except lolrdm of course) that are considered "bottom of the barrel" by the majority but you have to concede that there are pups as good as(or better) than you and have considered this. We "bottom of the barrel" jobs have our many strongpoints (the most common soloing) but we also have our finite limits in terms of damage compared to the cookie cutter combos and bandwagon(unfortunately). You may win a few times with spike damage but as far as DoT goes...don't expect to blow the top guns out of the water.

    Grats on your damage though

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    ^^b


    Kirin is kind of a joke these days now though. You gotta try it up against the more nasty mobs like the CoP Wryms and again, the absolute BS that is Absolute Virtue (who can and will spam Meteor for 2000+ dmg...) and other mobs that just love to whore out the ridiculous AoE attacks.


    Still waiting for those Qutrub/Sea results XD I bet ya you can hit 20k easily.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guren
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Understood. This has been tested on Kirin. We had 3 PUP in the party spamming this and Kirin dropped pretty damn fast if you ask me.

    DRK is an amazing DD no doubt. The fact I was trying to make is that any PUP can do this and not every DRK can be as great as those with Apoc.

    Thats all ^_^

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    >. > you wouldn't say that about some of the nastier mobs, e.g. Absolute Virture or Alexander or Odin. (Radial Sacrament, Zantetsuk, Meteor Aeroga IV etc >_>)



    and I brought up Apocalypse a while ago when I first mentioned DRK, or did you just gloss over that completely? Claiming a neat little trick you can do as PUP (and it is pretty impressive make no mistake) is greater than obtaining what's arguably the most powerful weapon in the game (which takes well over a year and hundreds of millions of gil to obtain) is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

    Now let's drop this already @.@; like I said before, Go DRK and Go PUP ^^ I both. Actually I suppose I should have posted that other insane video I saw of a DRK single handedly taking out most of a Troll Hoplite's (Sp? The PLD types in Besieged) HP by abusing a KC and Giant's Drink (seriously scary stuff >_> he was popping that damn thing for almost 400 a smack) Makes me wish SE would extend Blood Weapon to a full minute to match Souleater.


    Honestly though please use this ub3r WS on something fun like an Open sea mob (I forget what the mob type is, but there was that pic form a while ago of a SMN doing a 6k Flaming crush to it), a Qutrub (closing Light) or good old Boreal Hound. Just for the sake of putting out obscenely high numbers XD

    Leave a comment:


  • Guren
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    You have to make sure that automaton doesn't get whacked before the WS goes off.

    >_> and you're not seriously arguing that it's easier to obtain the Apocalypse.
    Who is talking about the Apocalypse here?

    Anyway, I have never had my automaton die even with AoE monsters. If you are a good enough PUP you know what to do to stay alive.

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    You have to make sure that automaton doesn't get whacked before the WS goes off.

    >_> and you're not seriously arguing that it's easier to obtain the Apocalypse.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guren
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Pointing to your WS to argue who is top DD is soooooo 2004. Most FFXI players grew out of this phase just like the grew out of looking at EXP per kill and started looking at EXP per hour.

    Really, its all about damage over time. Parse damage ver time and Weaponskills together contrast to what other jobs can do for real results.
    I normally would totally agree, but before this update all PUP had was their DoT in parties. Now, with this update, we have best of both worlds.

    Not sure if I am alone on this, but I have max merits on Puppetmaster including STR, Critical, HP, H2H and all Puppetmaster merits.

    I worked hard to be the way I am on Puppetmaster. You may have seen some bad PUP on certain servers , but please everyone, don't judge all of us based on a few bad puppeteers. If we did that to every job then the game would go straight to hell and no one would invite any other job.

    Basicly, if we don't stop this, we will turn into WoW lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Pointing to your WS to argue who is top DD is soooooo 2004. Most FFXI players grew out of this phase just like the grew out of looking at EXP per kill and started looking at EXP per hour.

    Really, its all about damage over time. Parse damage ver time and Weaponskills together contrast to what other jobs can do for real results.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guren
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Which is nothing compared to acquiring an Apocalypse or K Club, and yet SE still nerfed Haste because of people using Rune Chopper to set up their haste builds. I'm thinking SE's going to nerf this @ some point as well.

    And you require to be within 1~10% HP? That's pretty damned risky against some mobs. Good luck even getting a chance of using that on something like Omega Ultima. (Don't even think about AV)


    Again I'm not trying to diminish PUP here; I think this is very, very cool. I just find you're being blatantly and outrageously arrogant and as Nan pointed out, just as bad as the lolpup people.

    Besides there's just something satisfying about seeing a DRK essentially selling their souls for insane god-like power

    What Apoc/KC DRK does is real accomplishment (at least in the case of Apocalypse) and a just reward for the ludicrous amount of time and money it takes to get that far. IMO, it's awesome that both jobs can deal out this level of damage and as such both should be happy with that.
    Wrong, we tested a new way to use it effectively. Use massive HP minusing gear on the PUP and then role reversal at the start. Right away you will have instant low HP on automaton. Once he does Magic motar you can Ventriloquy to get rid of hate and then repair the automaton and do it again.

    Amazingness is over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Malacite
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Puppetmaster most likely will -Not- get nerfed because of the extensive amount of work it takes to set it up. Yes, once it is set up, it is absolutely amazing. The factor in the matter is the time it takes to do it.
    Which is nothing compared to acquiring an Apocalypse or K Club, and yet SE still nerfed Haste because of people using Rune Chopper to set up their haste builds. I'm thinking SE's going to nerf this @ some point as well.

    And you require to be within 1~10% HP? That's pretty damned risky against some mobs. Good luck even getting a chance of using that on something like Omega Ultima. (Don't even think about AV)


    Again I'm not trying to diminish PUP here; I think this is very, very cool. I just find you're being blatantly and outrageously arrogant and as Nan pointed out, just as bad as the lolpup people.

    Besides there's just something satisfying about seeing a DRK essentially selling their souls for insane god-like power

    What Apoc/KC DRK does is real accomplishment (at least in the case of Apocalypse) and a just reward for the ludicrous amount of time and money it takes to get that far. IMO, it's awesome that both jobs can deal out this level of damage and as such both should be happy with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guren
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Understood. I am also a Dragoon though and even us Dragoons did not get this kind of treatment. I have gone afk for like 6 days and not one invite.

    Leave a comment:


  • nanatsu
    replied
    Re: Puppetmaster damage

    Originally posted by Guren View Post
    Thanks for reading everyone. I really want to help motivate all the players to give PUP a chance more often if they see one seeking.

    ~Guren
    Well to be honest, boasting like this:

    Puppetmasters become very dominant and the highest DD to date.

    I am finally able to laugh in other jobs faces like they have done to all of us PUP's since it came out.
    kinda defeats the purpose. To me it borders on being full of yourself, and that's just as bad as those saying lolpup in the first place. PUP has not been the only job to be treated that way and jobs that were on the top in the past were knocked down just as easily. I know you're pleased about the boost, but don't use it as an excuse to try to lower other jobs. Just because they boosted your ws abilities doesn't mean they might not nerf something else to compensate for it if it gets abused.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X