Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new sig: Because I'm dying to show it off. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new sig: Because I'm dying to show it off. :)

Someone on BG brought up that I needed to change my sig since I got chapeau. They were right, the old one had AF1 hat on it and not AF2 hat.

Actually, this is the old one I used on BG, if you're not familiar with it:

While I liked that one as it was, I was ready for a change, and the new hat kinda gave the the push I needed.

So, I've been dying to show it off, and ask you all, what do you think? Any and all feedback - positive and negative - is appreciated. Personally, I think it's my best one yet. I love the dream quality of it, and the fact that even though I just got a new shiny (I'm sleeping with my hat like it's a teddy bear!) I can't stop dreaming about bigger and better things!

Thanks for humoring me guys.
    sigpic
    ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
    ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
    ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
    ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Re: My new sig: Because I'm dying to show it off.

1- Way too big.
    2- Not a fan of the rainbow haze stuff
    3- Text is pixel-y
    4- Multiple images of the same character rarely look good.
    5- sig as a whole, I am not a fan of having them centered like that.
    6- RDM hat blurs in way too much with WHM AF (took me like 15 seconds to figure out what you were talking about), not to mention someone in WHM AF holding an RDM hat is somewhat bizarre anyway.

improved in two minutes ver:

Comment

O_o Someone with a little more lube go next, please? lol

1- Way too big.
      Generally I am more of a fan of smaller sigs myself, but I toyed with the background image in a smaller setting and I couldn't get it to look right, composition-wise. I could resize the entire image as a whole, I guess, and I didn't think of that because it didn't seem monstrous.

2- Not a fan of the rainbow haze stuff
      Well, it's a dream, that's kinda what that's supposed to represent. Want it to appear somewhat surreal.

3- Text is pixel-y

I didn't even notice it till you brought it up, but I opened up the .PNG file (which was too big to use on forums) and it was much smoother, so I have to blame the .JPG-ness.

4- Multiple images of the same character rarely look good.
      I took a liberty with this one, as well. Not just going to dream just about a Dalmy when I want a Morrigan's Robe and a Marduk's Jubbah as well.

5- sig as a whole, I am not a fan of having them centered like that.
      Personal preference.

6- RDM hat blurs in way too much with WHM AF (took me like 15 seconds to figure out what you were talking about), not to mention someone in WHM AF holding an RDM hat is somewhat bizarre anyway.
      Well I'm a WHM main, hell I haven't been on RDM for an event in months truthfully, so it was logical to portray my character as a WHM, and as most on BG know (which was were I originally made this sig for, but I liked it so much I changed it here, too) I just got my hat so it stands to reason I'd be snuggling up with my new shiny. It could probably stand out a bit more, but without tweaking the colors or making it have some stupid glow or something, there wasn't much that could be done.

And come on Feba, your edit, while simple enough, just has me lying there like I'm dead, the whole premise of the dream is lost. To each his own, I suppose.

Thanks for the feedback though. Hope you don't mind me giving you my rebuttals. :D (Aks likes argue!)
      sigpic

Comment

like I said, two minutes. If I took more time/had access to model viewer stuffs/cared it would look better.

2- I get that, it just looks bad.
        4- if you want to show off your gears, you could just set up a rotating signature. Have multiple good looking images, and switch between them, such as Taskmage's sig does (or used to, at least)
        6- there are other WHM body EQ you could use.

Comment

I don't have any of that gear. Hence the reason I'm dreaming about it. If I wanted to show of the gear I had ... well ... that sig would be boring. lol.

And true, I could have used Noble's, but I like Cleric's better.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            And come on Feba, your edit, while simple enough, just has me lying there like I'm dead,
            Also, just noticed this, but that's what she said!

Comment

I didn't notice the Rdm af hat until it was pointed out, but everything else about the sig came off pretty clearly. As far as I'm concerned, if you like the sig, which you seem to, then don't change a thing because there's nothing bad about it.

Also, your dream War gear is pretty much the same as mine, only I'd have more Ares pieces, especially the head. The wal-mart turban was never a piece I'd consider "dream" worthy.
              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Yeah I'm still kinda learning about WAR gear.
                sigpic

Comment

I gots to say Feba has a point, from someone else's prespective, it is very subpar, but it seems like it means a lot to you and you gave it lots of thought other than just slapping on a character for no reason which is nice.

The haze is a bit out of place, it seems like someone took a bad photo and the sun flared the lens.

But its nice, its much better than the one you use on BG... that background is confusing :s
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Working...
                  X