New sigblock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New sigblock

and then immediately got "jumped" on by Feba.
    What?

If by 'immediately' you mean 'eight hours later' and by 'jumped on' you mean 'replied to', I think I understand what you're saying.

I'm not really sure what you're upset about, though. Maybe reading Internet forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia would help you understand what this place is for.

Comment

I'm only going to say this once, but it would be a good idea to hear me out.

From the forum guidelines:
      7. Keep signatures and avatars file size small!

Image sizes used in the personal photo or signature area must be kept small! Please keep the images below 25 Kilobytes and no larger than 550 pixels wide and no taller than 350 pixels tall. Any images in the signature or avatars area going over 25 Kilobytes may be subject to being edited out. These limits apply to ONLY signatures, personal icons, and avatars of the vBulletin system under personal profile in your control center. 25K is A LOT for signuatures and personal photos, remember these images repeat over and over. So 25K picture X 10 posts in thread = 250K! And soon it can reach several megs! (Especially when your browser is stupid about caching the files.)

If you want to show someone your fan art or an image of something you are talking about on a thread, those limits do not apply. (But please be courtious and keep the image sizes reasonable; or if it is very big, provide a link to it.) No one wants to sit there all day for your image to load just to read a post past yours. Severe violations will result in a warning followed by banning for repeated offenses. If too many people abuse the signature or avatar function, it will be turned off.
      There are multiple signatures I see in this thread that blatantly violate these rules, including the one under discussion.

I'll give some time for people to come up with alternative sigs, but if I don't see some improvement - soon - don't be surprised if an infraction lands on your doorstep with your sig deleted.

Icemage
      FFXIOnline Forum Super Moderator

Comment

I would've brought that up, but I can never remember where the ruleset is kept.

Comment

Working...
        X