• Show
Clear All

• Malacite
    replied
    Re: FAN ART of possible new jobs =)

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
    Mystic Knight = RDM

Get over it.
    Hardly. Not going to start that arguement again, lest I remind all the whiny RDM's out there that RDM never had anything unique to the job to begin with save for Double Cast.

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixSouvenir
    replied

[System Message: You are not allowed to post URLs as you have not yet contributed sufficiently. Please try again at a later time.]

Leave a comment:

• Kuro
    replied

Originally posted by PhoenixSouvenir View Post
    Pretty nice artwork; and I get your ideas; That would be great to finally get a male Mithra. I don't think SE is ever gonna have those jobs or update the races though.
    ------------------------------------------
    And Puppetmaster is such a corny job. it might work as for as the FFXI system goes, but it is a corny job.

Cool jobs: PLD, NIN, RDM, DRK, BLM, COR, BST, BLU, MNK, DRG, SAM
    Corny jobs: BRD, PUP, WHM, WAR, THF, RNG, SMN

Again corny jobs may work well in parties or whatever but by themselves they're just lame.
    I Reped you just so I could remove it

Leave a comment:

• Rain_Blade
    replied

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Explain "corny."
    Agreed. Please enlighten us on what this means towards the jobs you (Phoenix) mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

Originally posted by PhoenixSouvenir View Post
    Pretty nice artwork; and I get your ideas; That would be great to finally get a male Mithra. I don't think SE is ever gonna have those jobs or update the races though.
    And Puppetmaster is such a corny job. it might work as for as the FFXI system goes, but it is a corny job.

Again corny jobs may work well in parties or whatever but by themselves they're just lame.
    Explain "corny."

Leave a comment:

• PhoenixSouvenir
    replied

Last edited by PhoenixSouvenir; 09-23-2007, 02:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• Raydeus
    replied

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    Necromancer = PUP

Get over it. (Necro wasn't even a very good class in FFVA)
    Mystic Knight = RDM

Get over it.

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

>. > cool artwork, but Mystic Knight is already a Final Fantasy Class and uses Sword Magic.

I've been ranting about it for some time and keeping hope it'll one day show up.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Knight

Mystic Knight

Magic Knights, Sorcerers, or Mystic Knight are knights that can cast magic on their swords to perform attacks with the power of the spell for several rounds. They have also been called Mageknights or Biskmatars. In the pre-Game Boy Advance English localizations of Final Fantasy V, they are called Sorcerers.[21] In Final Fantasy V, the magic knight can use any magic previously learned on their sword.[21] In Final Fantasy Tactics it is called Temple Knight and is a special character class. In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance it is a Bangaa-exclusive class called Gladiator. The skill itself is called Magic Sword and Spellblade (Final Fantasy V Advance). Although their magic power is weaker than the mages', Mystic Knights use less MP (and generally pierce Reflect, which can stop certain mages from attacking). In Final Fantasy XI, Red Mages have "En-" spells, which imbue their weapons with elements. The Mystic Knight's ability appears in Final Fantasy IX in the form of the combo between Steiner and Vivi, where Vivi casts a spell on Steiner's sword, who attacks the enemy at the same time. In Final Fantasy VII, the Added Effect materia could be used in a combo slot with a Magic materia such as Bio or Transform for the same results.
    Spellblade is the ability used by Mystic Knights in Final Fantasy V to endow an equipped sword with an offensive magic spell (as such both Flare and Holy can be used, even though they are from different magic classes), or with status-harmful spells (such as Poison or Sleep). When they strike the enemy with the enchanted blade it engulfs the enemy with the selected spell as well as slicing them. Spellblade is classified as a type of magic in Final Fantasy V, however, in another game featuring it, Final Fantasy IX, it is a combination attack between Vivi the black mage and Steiner the knight. In Final Fantasy XI Red Mages can cast En-spells (examples: Enfire, Enwater, etc.) onto their own weapons. In Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, the Gladiator class has the Spellblade ability. Spellblade has classically been translated as Magic Sword for the original North American PSX releases of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy IX.

Leave a comment:

• SHADOBI
    replied

[System Message: You are not allowed to post URLs as you have not yet contributed sufficiently. Please try again at a later time.]
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/N...inal_Fantasy_V)

It just doesn't fit very well. To be fair, SE did their best to implement it, but ultimately decided it just wouldn't work and that's how PUP came to be.

Personally, I think we're all the better for it. Being undead yourself all the time really just would not work. Most of their powers either sucked or hurt your party as well.

If you really want to play as a Necromancer in an online setting that badly, I suggest picking up either Diablo 2 (really, really cool powers in that game) or Guild Wars.

Leave a comment:

• SHADOBI
    replied

yes i draw that picture an many more of other possible jobs an just me as a cor for fun, only thing i can do now. Cant play ffxi for awhile on friends laptop in hospital =) thought i write a few an send pictures of what i draw thats all... I do think possible job would be probably time mage an geomancer, why i did'nt draw them lol.
    Originally posted by Murphie View Post
    If it uses Scythe weaponskills, why is it wearing dual daggers and a shotgun?
    looks cool with a shotgun but i would think main weapon would be a scythe, this is for fun only since i have time =)
    Originally posted by Armando View Post
    Not too shabby on the artwork (too small to appreciate.) Bad idea. Necromancer just doesn't go well with the FF/FFXI universe as a playable job no matter how badly people want it if you ask me. Well, not as a playable job anyways.

Also: Waaaaay too much Vincent. Screams out "bad fanfic."
    well i got the thought vincent was kinda a necro morph so why i thought of his design, good eye =)
    Originally posted by Feba View Post
    Then why is this thread for new jobs that are possible?
    Sorry really my first time doing forums first day really though anything is possible when it comes to SE.
    Last edited by SHADOBI; 09-23-2007, 11:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Leave a comment:

• Feba
    replied

adding jobs for the sake of adding jobs gogo.

While you're at it SE, remove HP, and replace it with zelda-style hearts.

And instead of fighting monsters with weapons, why don't we do the battle system as a card game.

also, how about everyone is bisexual.

Leave a comment:

• SHADOBI
    replied

>.> still would be nice to have necromancer job though =/

Leave a comment:

• Armando
    replied

Not too shabby on the artwork (too small to appreciate.) Bad idea. Necromancer just doesn't go well with the FF/FFXI universe as a playable job no matter how badly people want it if you ask me. Well, not as a playable job anyways.

Also: Waaaaay too much Vincent. Screams out "bad fanfic."

Leave a comment:

• WishMaster3K
    replied

Some people won't let things go.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X