Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chronicles of Sever Sinclaire Part Vi: Taking The Risk!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chronicles of Sever Sinclaire Part Vi: Taking The Risk!

Everyone was already at the festival. The music was playing and people were dancing. Haltro, Dayloz and Cleaphus were standing near the bar (of course) and Dresdenia joins them.
    Cleaphus: “Man, why do you women always take so long to get ready. It’s so annoying.” Dayloz coughs to get their attention and pointed in the direction of the entrance.
    Dayloz: “So they can look like that.” The others turn their heads as Madison and I are walking into the festival. Madison walks over to the others and then everyone else there looks at me as well. I follow Madison over to the bar, the whole time everyone stares at me.
    Madison: “Close your mouth brother.” He continues looking at me and takes a step forward.
    Haltro: “You look …beautiful.” I smile and blush.
    Sever: “Thank you, you clean up pretty nice yourself.” Madison and Dresdenia look at each other; Haltro and me; then smile at each other.
    Dresdenia: “Let’s take our seats, I reserved a table earlier.” We all sat down and had dinner and few hours later everyone started dancing.
    Cleaphus: “Madi, would you like to dance?”
    Madison: “Sure.” Madison and Cleaphus went to the dance floor. Then Dresdenia smirked.
    Dresdenia: “Hey Dayloz, you wanna go get a drink.” She gives him an insistent look. Dayloz looks at her blanky and she gives him a more threatening look.
    Dayloz: “O, oh right. Um sure ok, let’s go.” They both got up and went over to the bar leaving Haltro and me alone at the table. I watched everyone dancing. It reminded me of the dances we have back in Windust. Madison and Cleaphus were laughing, and then a slow song started.
    Haltro: “Sever?” I turned my head and smiled gently.
    Sever: “Yeah?” Haltro looked nervous.
    Haltro: “Would you…like to dance?”
    Sever: “I’d love to.” Haltro got up and walked over to me, took my hand and led me to the dance floor and we started dancing. I don’t know why but it felt so right.
    Haltro: “I have to say Sever, you’re not like other girls, you’re…unique.”
    Sever: “Don’t say that, I’m no different from any other girl.”
    Haltro: “But you are, I mean you know little about your parents, find out after 20 years that you’re a hybrid and even when you hurting you still manage to have this beautiful smile. But there’s something else about you, I can’t explain.” We looked at each other and then I looked down.
    Sever: “Am I really that different?” Haltro gently placed his hand under my chin and push my head up.
    Haltro: “You’re beautiful.” We glanced into each others’ eyes and slowly lend in to kiss each other. But just before our lips meet I got this sense of danger and looked away.
    Haltro: “Sever, what’s wrong.” The feeling was getting stronger.
    Sever: “Can you feel that?”
    Haltro: “Feel what.”
    Sever: “I…I have to go.”
    Haltro: “Did I do something wrong?” I looked at Haltro and held his hands.
    Sever: “No, you didn’t. I just have to go. I can’t explain” I quickly walked away from the festival. The further away I got the stronger the feeling got.

I followed the sense to the entrance outside of Selbina and standing in the middle of the path were 3 men. Haltro came running up behind me.
    Haltro: “Sever wait!…Who are those men?”
    Mysterious Man #1: “So you are Sever Sinclaire. You must have sensed us coming then.” I looked to Haltro.
    Sever: “Haltro, go back to the others, you’re in danger here.” Haltro looked back at me.
    Haltro: “I’m not leaving you.” Haltro and I turned to face the 3 men.
    Sever: “How do you know my name?”
    Mysterious Man #1: “We know a lot about you Sever. Come with us now and I promise you won’t get hurt.”
    Haltro: “I don’t think so.”
    Sever: “What do you want with me?”
    Mysterious Man #1: “To know the secrets you inherited from your parents.”
    Sever: “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I never knew my parents.”
    Mysterious Man #1: “ENOUGH! Come with us now…or we will kill you.” I lent down and tore my dress up to the knee on both sides. Haltro stood by me.
    Sever: “ You can try!”
    The 2 other men started to run toward Haltro and me then drew their swords. Haltro and I dodged out of the way. I pulled out a dagger from underneath my dress. Haltro looked in shock.
    Haltro: “You had a dagger in your dress!?”
    Sever: “What? I like being prepared.” One of the men came at me with his sword. He swung the sword diagonally but missed me. I stood on the sword and it broke in half. I stabbed him in the hand with the dagger. He punched me in the stomach (of course it was where I had been stabbed before) and I feel to the ground in pain. The other man swung his sword at Haltro but he parried and then punched him in the face. Haltro then did a spin kick and the man fell to the ground. I got up and the man came at me again. I casted slow on him and then used the Combo ability and he fell to the ground dead and disappeared. Haltro ran at the other man and used the Shoulder Tackle ability and killed him. He also disappeared. We both turned to the leader.
    Mysterious Man #1: “Interesting, you’re stronger than we thought. But not stronger than me.”
    He started running towards Haltro and me. He swung to punch me but I blocked and counter attacked with a middle elbow punch, but then he did a spin kick and I went flying in the air. Haltro then used the Combo ability on him, but then the man kneed him in the groin and punched Haltro in the head and Haltro fell to he ground. I was still on the ground when I looked over and saw Haltro injured.
    Sever: “Haltro!” I got up and looked at the man in anger.
    Sever: “AAAHHHHH!!!” I started running towards him and he took a defensive stance. I felt something inside me, something strong coming out. Then all of a sudden I used the Raging Fists ability and killed the man, he disappeared. I just stood there with my fists clenched. Haltro got up and walked over to me.
    Haltro: “Wow.” I looked at Haltro with a worried expression.

I turned around and quickly walked back to the Shephards Muster with Haltro following close behind. I bursted into my room and started to pack my things. Haltro entered the room closing the door behind him.
    Haltro: “What are you doing?” I looked at Haltro then continued packing.
    Sever: “I’m catching the next boat to Mhuara.”
    Haltro: “You can’t just run away Sever.” I stopped and turned to Haltro
    Sever: “3 men just attacked us Haltro. They were trying to kill me. I’m going to find out what’s happening.” I finish packing my bags.
    Haltro: “Then I’m coming with you.”
    Sever: “No, it’s to dangerous.” I go to open the door, but Haltro grabs my arms.
    Haltro: “You can’t do this alone. I won’t let you.” I stood there for a few seconds and then looked at Haltro.
    Sever: “I don’t want you to get hurt.” I tear runs down my face. Haltro puts his hand to my cheek and wipes the tear away.
    Haltro: “I care about you Sever.”
    Sever: “We’ve only known each other for a few days and I’ve bought you nothing but trouble since then.”
    Haltro: “I know, but I feel something when I’m with you. And I think you feel it too. I want to take the risk, if it means helping you find the truth and being with you…Stay. Stay with me tonight.” We looked at each other and then we kissed…it was incredible. I felt completely at peace…then we made love. It was the first peaceful sleep I’d had in a long time, until I had a dream, a dream about Haltro dying. It must have been the middle of the night when I woke up crying. Haltro was still asleep and I looked at him. I couldn’t let anything happen to him or any of the others. It was then I decided to leave for Mhuara right that second. I lend over Haltro and kissed him.
    Sever: “I’m sorry, I can’t let you get hurt.” I grabbed my bags and left for Mhuara.

…in the morning…
    Haltro rolled over to find me gone. He sat up.
    Haltro: “Sever?” I knew Alena would know what was happening and why those men were after me. Deep down I knew something was going to happen…but I didn’t know what.

“I’d Rather Have You Than Home, Friends or a Family.”

Working...
X