Another POL-1155 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another POL-1155 Error

So i also have the famous POL-1155 Error I have all of the system requirements that are needed to run this game I am running admin so thats not the problem I downloaded it off of steam I downloaded the game fine, i try to update PlayOnline and it gets finished with the first step then it shows that error I have researched on google and stuff for ever and i have yet to find a solution. I have also tried to reinstall FFXI and that didnt work either...plzz help i really want to play this game and i paid 10 dollars for it(although its not much) Im kind of a noob at this stuff so try to be easy on me Thanks in advance

Re: Another POL-1155 Error

I did a search for "POL 1155" and found this:

Original Poster: "I have exactly the same error and i don't find solution !

>_<

I tryed :
    -launch as Admin
    -delete update temp file
    -retry x10 and more...

I don't want to uninstall/reinstall all the game u__u

I will try on my other pc the update and see if i will have the same error. If not maybe i can copy on my laptop and it will work ^^"

Edit: Yatta !!! Problem solve !

Explication:
    In the game folder SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI you can see polboot.exe and i had an polboot.exe.tmp.
    I rename polboot.exe in polboot.exe.tmp2 and polboot.exe.tmp in polboot.exe

I update the game : Update complete !

I don't know if it really the solution or if it's playonline server but now it works."

Answer to post: "There was a POL Announcement that might be associated with this. Read the note at the bottom."

This is the official answer: "[Notice to Windows Version Users]
    Since the PlayOnline version update will modify the "pol.exe" file, certain security/antivirus software may require you to alter software settings to allow this. If you get errors such as "POL-0019" or "POL-1160," or the PlayOnline Viewer fails to connect, please refer to the manual for your security software and check your settings."
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Okay well i have spotted those file names but they are not exact. I have just a regular "polboot" and a "polboot.exe.manifest"
      So what do i do with those. Sorry for being so ignorant on the subject

Comment

plzz somebody help out the noob!!!!!!!

Comment

:\ guess ill jus ask for my money back hopefully they will give it to me

Comment

To be honest, I don't know the answer to your question, and I'm guessing a lot of others do not, either. Have you tried asking around other forums? This is not one of the most active FFXI forums. You might try allakhazam or bluegartr, though you might just want to put on your flamesuit first, as some of the posters there can be rather caustic.

I wish I could help you out, but I honestly don't know how to fix your error. If you are running in Vista, you may have to download the Vista version of PlayOnline and disable the User Account Control. I am not sure if this is the same for Windows 7.

For those polboot files, I'd copy them to another folder somewhere so they are not lost if you do indeed need them, and attempt to rename them to see if this fixes the problem, as the previous poster stated. I honestly can't give you any further help as I do not know what will and will not work. I would suggest trying to fart around with those files and see what works, either that, or attempt to ask on another forum, though I would suggest giving them a bit more detail as to what the error code actually says and what kind of system you are running on. Good luck, and sorry I couldn't be any further help.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Working...
            X