Sign in Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sign in Problems

I have been playing FFXI on my Xbox 360 for the better part of 2 years. I recently tried installing the game to my PC everything installed fine withut a problem. However when i input my playonline ID and password, and also member name. It tells me that either my playonline ID or password is wrong. However i can still sign into my xbox 360 with the same settings. Anyone has an idea im up to try it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sign in Problems

well, could be your password isnt what you remember it to be if you have it saved to your xbox and dont type it in everytime you sign on..

are you using se id on your xbox? if so have you added that to the comp? if your not using an se id on your xbox are you making sure on the comp you have that checked as do not use?
    Characters:

Caramis: Ramuh: 75 BLM / 42 SMN (work in progress)
    Necross: Ramuh: 75 PLD / 75 NIN / 75 WAR / 56 SAM

Necross: Diabolos: 69 WHM (retired & gone)
    Dinnin: Diabolos: 70 PLD (retired & gone)

Comment

Originally posted by Caramis View Post
      well, could be your password isnt what you remember it to be if you have it saved to your xbox and dont type it in everytime you sign on..

are you using se id on your xbox? if so have you added that to the comp? if your not using an se id on your xbox are you making sure on the comp you have that checked as do not use?
      I have them written down on quick manual. I guess signing int my xbox and changing the password to see if that changes the problem that Im having at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Xplosive View Post
        I have them written down on quick manual. I guess signing int my xbox and changing the password to see if that changes the problem that Im having at the moment.
        I have the PC version and I can explain the log in order for you.

There's the profile you need to create for your account. There are 3 places you can enter passwords in that dialogue box.

First password will be your POL account password. Save your password here.

Second password field is OPTIONAL. It's a secondary form of protection to guard against people using that computer from gaining entry if they happen to know your POL account password. You leave this blank if that's not a concern for you.

Third password field is the "One Time" password which has something to do with some service SE has (Not sure if this is the same as their Authenication service) Sounds like you should ignore this, too.

When you are done creating the profile and you log in with it you'll see a dialogue box to enter a password. This is your Square-Enix profile which is separate from the POL one you created. This is kind of like the master key to that one profile that controls all other lesser ones. If you have never created a Square-Enix profile before (could be possible because XBL users may have a different process than everyone else) then you need to do that. It should take you like 5 minutes to set one up. Once you do that, link your FFXI account to that SE account.

If you already created an SE account then that is the password you need to enter at the prompt.

So to recap: You'll need a POL account password, an SE account password and any additional depending on services you may have added (i.e., authenticator) The second password field in the profile is optional and not required -- don't get thrown off by that.

Comment

Working...
        X