VIT and HP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIT and HP?

My friend claims to be gaining HP when putting on Jujitsu Sitabaki on his level 41 Monk and is convinced it's the VIT on it.

As far as I know VIT doesn't affect HP. Is my friend correct and wiki's just a pile of crap once again? I need to know so I can convince him to wear more appropriate pants, like a certain subligar...
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Re: VIT and HP?

Nay, as it is your friend that is hauling the load of bull. VIT has absolutely zero influence on your HP - your HP merely varies from job to job like any other stat.

VIT provides half a Defense point and has a nigh-negligible effect on healing magic cast on you. I think there might be one more thing where your VIT is checked against your opponent's STR, but that's really nearly everything there is to the stat (if you're a Dragoon, it affects Jump for some reason, and I think it's a secondary modifier to some Great Axe weaponskills, but that's about it).
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
      Nay, as it is your friend that is hauling the load of bull. VIT has absolutely zero influence on your HP - your HP merely varies from job to job like any other stat.
      Well, technically it does in that more VIT = more HP gained from Cures, but that's it. It has no bearing on HP total or growth.
      sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
        Well, technically it does in that more VIT = more HP gained from Cures, but that's it. It has no bearing on HP total or growth.
        Which is exactly what YM said.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Working...
        X