Issue: Installing JPN FFXI on Vista Ult. 64

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue: Installing JPN FFXI on Vista Ult. 64

I'm installing the Japanese FFXI on to my Vista Ult. 64 bit, just as the title says, and I'm having issue installing the expansions.

I'm using the Win-7/vista POL and installing FFXI (main) went smooth and fine.
    However, when I tried to install any expansion, it gave me error message, right after opening up the setup.exe, that says
    something like, "1155: (random weird words)G: FINAL FANTASY XI (more words) .msi (words)."
    (BTW, Driver G is my DVD drive)

I'm sure it's not POL 1155 issue because I haven't opened POL and it's through installing the expansion.

I do have Japanese language installed, I've tried setting the region to Japan, I've tried all the setting that usually worked with Win XP.

I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, and all that. I know there is a simple solution by reinstalling FFXI on C drive, the default, but my C drive only holds enough space for the OS itself. So I really want to install FFXI to a non-default drive.

Also, I'm using the first release-version FFXI and individual expansions, not a bundle or an all-in-one pack.

Can anyone give me any other advises or insight to this issue? I'm so desperate to solve this annoying problem.
    Last edited by Aldio; 03-04-2010, 01:59 AM.

Re: Issue: Installing JPN FFXI on Vista Ult. 64

It would have been helpful if you had posted verbatim the error message. This doesn't sound like a language incompatibility problem. When vista was installed initially on your comp, a pack called the east asian language support files might not have been installed, and to install them you will need to extract these files from the actual disk that you installed vista from, or a service pack if you bought some computer with the os already installed, to install them fully. This has nothing to do with regional options, and the cause of that error message is certainly unrelated to the region options settings. [control panel --> regional and language options -->langauges--> supplemental langauge support] should be your starting point for that.
    If that doesnt solve your problem, that error message may not be unique to the jap version, but perhaps there is some procedure you need to follow when installing successive expansion packs. For example, you might need to first update pol, update ff11, then after that install the expansion packs.
    If that doest work either, well then fuck, im not comp savvy and have no further ideas, sorry. gl

Comment

Working...
    X