• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ziero
    replied
    Re: Is there going to be more expansion

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    When an expansion comes, it will bring us new zones and new content.
    ...hopefully

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
    I'd really be surprised if SE made another expansion for XI. More than likely they're waiting to see how XIV will affect XI's subscription numbers. Unless it's profitable (and really at this point the game is like 8 years old, it's likely to get shutdown in another 2 years) I doubt they'll make any more past WotG which still isn't even going to be complete until next year.
    At worst they'll just keep making dlc mini-expansions but this game most certainly will not just "shutdown" in two years.

Leave a comment:

• KingOfZeal
    replied

Not to mention, you can very easily argue that FFXI has already hit it's "profitable" point -- that is, all the money they've brought in has offset all the costs related to it, from the servers to development, including all the maintenance and expansions already released.

If they were to develop another expansion, those related costs would already be offset by previous profits, so any sales would just add onto that profit.

So any expansions should and would never take into account 'profit', but rather diminishing returns. So long as there enough subscribers to cover future maintenance costs when an expansion is released, then there's no question regarding money.

Leave a comment:

• Romyro
    replied

I think you're underestimating addiction, Mal.
    .../sigh...damn addictions...

I've decided whether i like XIV or not, i will be playing XI till the game shuts down (which i hope is never ^^)

Leave a comment:

• Kailea
    replied

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
    And UO.

Yes UO is the perfect example that a MMORPG has the power to keep going.... forever ;p

Leave a comment:

• Balfree
    replied

And UO.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

I think you're underestimating addiction, Mal.

You're still playing for a Maat's Cap, after all. Whatever that's supposed to prove I don't know, but there are people waaaaay less willing to let go of FFXI than you are. "I don't want to lose all my accomplishments" and all that.

There's a reason EQ is alive and well today.

Leave a comment:

• Malacite
    replied

I'd really be surprised if SE made another expansion for XI. More than likely they're waiting to see how XIV will affect XI's subscription numbers. Unless it's profitable (and really at this point the game is like 8 years old, it's likely to get shutdown in another 2 years) I doubt they'll make any more past WotG which still isn't even going to be complete until next year.

Leave a comment:

• Omgwtfbbqkitten
    replied

They haven't raised the cap since Rise of the Zilart for several specific reasons.

(1) It would unbalance the entire game, learn more about the subjob system and you'll see why they won't do it.

(2) It would obsolete older endgame content, no on wants that. Everyone else does it like its going out of style, but SE has stood by their content this long so everyone can still experience it. Given everyone can level all 20 jobs if they so choose, they have to keep that content relevant.

When an expansion comes, it will bring us new zones and new content. The cap, however, will never rise above 75 unless they want to completely destroy the game or have some serious plans to revamp the existing job balance. At this point in the game's life, probably best to tweak around what we have rather than raise the cap further than 75.
    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 12-04-2009, 07:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• asumo400
    started a topic Is there going to be more expansion

Is there going to be more expansion

Is there going to be more expansion so we can get past lv 75?
Working...
X