Installation Question for Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installation Question for Xbox 360

So I have questions regarding the installation of the vana'diel collection 08 on the xbox 360. My friend purchased the game for xbox, but used my pc to setup the POL account. He has had his gamertag and POL sync'd. When he goes to login and play on his console he gets a message stating that he won't have access to the expansion areas, but when we check pol, they are clearly registered to his ID. I wasn't around for the installation but I am suspiscious that he didn't install the expansions correctly. I'm wondering if the xbox 360 version is one big install or if its per expansion like the pc. Any insight would be appreciated.
    Last edited by AutonomousMarkings; 03-25-2009, 11:39 AM.

WHM75/BLU75/THF75/BLM40/SMN37/NIN37/DNC37/SCH37/BST37

Re: Installation Question for Xbox 360

It's per expansion. They may be registered to his ID, but they're not installed on the 360's hard drive yet. You have to do them one by one.
    Must level...<Resist sleep> ...

Comment

It wasn't per expansion for me >_> IIRC.
      (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
      sigpic

Comment

It was one big install for me too, I just installed the 08 collection for my Xbox 360 last week.

I don't know if there are differences in the installation between EU/NA/JP collections though. Mine's the EU-version.
        The road remains wide open while your dreams are alive. Only fear can block the way.

zitah.nu

Comment

I'm pretty sure I had to register and install each one separately, but that was over a year ago, so maybe I'm misremembering. If so...sorry!

Comment

did you have a full collection? I had Collection 2008
            (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ====【†】 BIBLE FIGHT !
            sigpic

Comment

It was Collection 2007, which had all but WotG. I remember I jumped right in and started playing, then noticed I couldn't access the expansion areas. I had to log out and activate the expansions, then install updates for each one separately.

So maybe his expansions are installed but not updated.

Comment

I think I found the problem, he installed the game from the dashboard and for whatever reason that only installed FFXI. I went over to his place after work and poked around a bit and saw that there was an install option from the POL screen so I told him I was going to try it from there. When the install started he said it looked completely different from his installation experience. Also this "new" installation screen had specific references to the expansions. I didn't stick around for the update b/c I'm not gonna sit around his place for installation and update but I talked to him for a second before he had a meeting this morning and it sounded like we got it worked out. I'll grill him for more info when he's out.

WHM75/BLU75/THF75/BLM40/SMN37/NIN37/DNC37/SCH37/BST37

Comment

Working...
                X