Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BLM as a first

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
    Please do NOT be a blm that thinks nuking is all they do. It's not. You need to help in any form thats needed and sometimes that takes the form of cures, regen, protect/protectra, shell/shellra, paralyna/poisona/etc. It's part of the job and, imo, it makes it more fun and interesting.
    Okay, I'll bite.

If a Black Mage wanted to be in to White Magical duties, don't you think, ya know, that they would have signed up for a little thing called White Mage?

Not that hard to figure out, people. The occasional backup cure I can understand, but -ra/-na spells? Regen? Why don't you have a White Mage, or at least a Scholar to handle those?

Everybody chooses their job for different reasons, but I'm pretty sure one who wanted to be a Black Mage expected to blow things up, not put the party back together.

With this "be ready to main heal or play solo" attitude of the community concerning anything with MP that isn't Blue Mage, Dark Knight or Paladin (though, a wise Paladin would still make good use of their cures, anyway, but to a different end), the whole "Black Mage solo" trend isn't that hard to figure out with a little common sense.
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
      If a Black Mage wanted to be in to White Magical duties, don't you think, ya know, that they would have signed up for a little thing called White Mage?
      Pull your head out of your ass and realize that sometimes people have to pitch in and do things that are not strictly defined by their main job.

Yes, a SAM might have to pull
      Yes, a MNK may have to provoke that mob off the tank for a moment
      Yes, a RDM might have to be a main healer
      Yes, a BLM might have to also support the party

BLM solo trend has nothing to do with this BTW.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

YM, honestly, I don't care what your job is. You should be prepared to play whatever role the party needs. That includes main healing on BLM. That also includes going DRG/mage and doing support. That includes pulling when you aren't in the best condition for it. I mean, ffs, I've tanked as a WHM.

If the party needs something done in order to function properly, you should do it. And yes, if you don't want to do what the party requires of you, you shouldn't be there.

Comment

Okay, I'll bite.

Not that hard to figure out, people. The occasional backup cure I can understand, but -ra/-na spells? Regen? Why don't you have a White Mage, or at least a Scholar to handle those?

Everybody chooses their job for different reasons, but I'm pretty sure one who wanted to be a Black Mage expected to blow things up, not put the party back together.

With this "be ready to main heal or play solo" attitude of the community concerning anything with MP that isn't Blue Mage, Dark Knight or Paladin (though, a wise Paladin would still make good use of their cures, anyway, but to a different end), the whole "Black Mage solo" trend isn't that hard to figure out with a little common sense.
          Ok here's an example. We are in sea trying to pop <insert swearing> ix'drg. Our ally is small (don't remember exactly), we had approx. a whm, rdm, 2 blm plus a couple dd and a tank. Well the whm was off in la-la land and not doing his job. The rdm was doing double duty but was being overwhelmed and didn't have erase, poisona, etc. One of the blms was with the whm in la-la land and I was the other blm. So, according to you, all I should have been doing is casting nukes, a dot here and there, and resting. Oh look the tank in my pt has defense down.....screw it. Oh look the tank is poisoned........screw it. Oh look the ally is going down the shitter cause we don't have enough healing....screw it. Oh yes, thats a team player right there! NOT!

Sorry but I play to make sure that my team wins. I will do whatever I can to assure that happens, even if it means my death........or main healing. Personally, I think that should be the attitude of every single person but as you've proved, it's not.
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

There's a difference between being adaptable (BLM tossing out a few cures after a near wipe, to help the WHM out) and being desperate (asking a BLM to main heal at all, just because they're the only ones with MP and a /WHM subjob around).

I only complain against the latter, and greatly laud the former.

EDIT @ TGM:

Well the whm was off in la-la land and not doing his job.
            Well, thar's yer problem.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

I only complain against the latter,
              Why? Would you honestly rather sit around town with a nice green exclamation mark by your name than play healer? If you're role playing, good on you, but that has no basis on how people who don't RP play.

And honestly, if you don't want to play a healer that badly, don't. Just enjoy getting zero EXP instead of something that can actually be very decent.

Comment

Or I could just level White Mage.
                GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

There's a difference between being adaptable (BLM tossing out a few cures after a near wipe, to help the WHM out) and being desperate (asking a BLM to main heal at all, just because they're the only ones with MP and a /WHM subjob around).

I only complain against the latter, and greatly laud the former.

EDIT @ TGM:

Well, thar's yer problem.
                  Well I don't know why you had to "bite" me then. I did say:

Please do NOT be a blm that thinks nuking is all they do. It's not. You need to help in any form thats needed and sometimes that takes the form of cures, regen, protect/protectra, shell/shellra, paralyna/poisona/etc.
                  I never said that blms had to main heal pt's if they choose not to. But if you have the ability to help and its needed but you sit there on your arse because "I'm a dd", then you're worthless. Go die now.
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I'll be careful, since Feba seems to have a tendency to over analyze everything someone says

But, I think I did see someone in this thread say that when playing a BLM and /WHM, don't be surprised if I need to full heal.

Full heal, no. That seems silly. Help out a little, I can understand...
                    Especially if the team is in Peril.

But, I'm with Yellow...
                    It seems much smarter to wait for a WHM than recruit a BLM/WHM and expect them to full heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinks View Post
                      I'll be careful, since Feba seems to have a tendency to over analyze everything someone says
                      Off-topic, but I'd be careful not to poke Feba if I were you.
                      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

Infallability definitely is a great perk to have on a forum o.o

I keed. No flames, please.

I have...bad gas.

Comment

I've been on BLM and been main heal while their were no WHM seeking and I always help the WHM by throwing in some cures if I notice they are struggling.

I've tanked on RDM before in merit PT.

I've pulled on WHM to save arguments and bad pulls.

Sure jobs have their set thing but that doesn't mean every now and then you won't get that odd pt where you're called up to take the place of another job role. It happens once in a blue moon so I couldn't care less.

If I'm on that job to get EXP I'll do whatever the pt needs to keep that EXP rolling in.

Comment

lewls
                            sigpic

(\ /)
                            ( . . )
                            C(")(")
                            ...Somebunny loves you....

...That's "Little Washu", Bub....

Comment

Originally posted by Tinks View Post
                              Fast this one learns, Obi Wan.

Comment

Right.

This forum's members often drift from a thread's purpose...
                                And, it's both colorful and entertaining.
                                x3

Anyway.
                                o:

At the risk of being called ignorant(read:a n00b)...
                                I think I'd rather play more of supportist than a heal/main-heal...
                                Especially if my main is BLM...
                                Like Yellow said...I didn't get into BLM because I thought I'd be healing...
                                Because, I would have picked WHM...
                                But, I have no problem giving support as a /RDM...
                                Of course, I might change my mind...

Would SMN/BLM really be that gimp?...
                                Having it be sort of tough to play is fine with me...
                                I just don't want to be cast out of or not-even-invited to PTs because my Elemental Magic isn't nearly as high as it could be with BLM as a main.
                                (Also:Do I have the right understanding of this concept?)

On another note...
                                I've been using Bio a little bit on EP...
                                And, it's been doing very little damage..especially with the MP cost...
                                Yet I was with another BLM in a PT the other day...Who continually casted Bio...
                                This just strikes me as odd...

Comment

Working...
                                X