Payment Methods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payment Methods?

I am planning on getting this game for the Xbox360, I am just wondering what the payment methods are.

I live in the Netherlands, Europe, and I know it uses a credit card, but what is a debit card? Aren't those cards those standard bankcards you can use in shops and stuff too?

Re: Payment Methods?

debit cards are cards where you put money on it before using. most bankcards today can double as debit cards too (pulling from your checking or savings account), but whether or not you can use it to pay for FFXI is another matter. I believe they accept Visa, Mastercard and ePassporte in EU.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

As long as they bear VISA/Mastercard logo, debit cards also work. In some parts of the world, if not many, debit cards are bank cards that also work as VISA/Mastercard. For other parts of the world, unfortunately, they are cash cards that can also deduct the funds out of your acct at select merchants only.

If yours doesn't have either logo, it doesn't work.

Comment

Well actualy mine does have a Maestro Logo on it which is one of the compatible cards (the manual said so)

Comment

Originally posted by KradDiher View Post
          Well actualy mine does have a Maestro Logo on it which is one of the compatible cards (the manual said so)
          Double check the manual to see if it really says "Maestro." Maestro is a debit network operated by Mastercard, but it's completely different from Mastercard credit card network.

Besides, POL's official website doesn't mention anything about Maestro acceptance, and for Netherlands, it seems to be VISA/Mastercard only.

If it indeed says Maestro in the manual, then there should be no reason for it not to work.

Comment

Im just going to ask the store tomorrow if I can return it when it doesn't work. Hopefully they'll allow it.

Comment

My guess is no. Stores are usually weary about letting you return opened CD/DVD-ROM games... Definitely not because any of use would be thinking about burning the game, stealing the serial numbers, and returning it for a cash or credit refund.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
              ------
              Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
              When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

You're probably right, but I was aware that Xbox360 games could not be burned.

Comment

I use a pre-paid mastercard to pay for FFXI and my Vonage bill, its called a Purpose card. I load the money on the card and it works like a Mastercard I can select credit when using it. It charges a transaction and monthly fee but with my terrible credit, it works for me.

It also costs about $5.00 to load the money on the card.

Might look into that, not sure if its available in Europe or not.
                  The probability of someone watching you is proportional to the stupidity of your action.

sigpic

Comment

You're probably right, but I was aware that Xbox360 games could not be burned.
                    D'oh! Apparently my small attention span dropped that detail about the 360.

Either way, regardless of whether you can rip it or not, I suppose it depends on store policy. Ask the store on their return policy before you purchase the game.

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                    ------
                    Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                    When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

I am planning on getting this game for the Xbox360, I am just wondering what the payment methods are.
                      I live in the Netherlands, Europe, and I know it uses a credit card, but what is a debit card? Aren't those cards those standard bankcards you can use in shops and stuff too?
                      http://ffxi.xenoveritas.org/tools/vanaclock/

Why not just use that, or any other online FFXI clock, to see when in our time certain events will happen?
                      http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                      http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                      http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                      My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

But I've sent money to Epassporte, it has gone through admin2000 already and it has been a week after Epassporte recieved it and I still can't use the account.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes?

Comment

Working...
                        X