Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: English Version of Virtual Reality Studio is out!

I didn't have a problem moving the skeletons, but I did it very slowly, point by point. Just that simple mithran magic animation mod I made took me 2 full nights.

I haven't been able to find a way to easily move skeletons. I'll be doing it point by point until someone discovers a better way.

Comment

Stole president naja's walk motion too! Works great with the exception of anything besides a club will default below the floor >.>

http://www.neko-sentai.com -fear!

Comment

^ warp cudgel ftw :D i havent worked out how to edit motions properly yet been playing around a lil but i usually end up having to go off and do something else ><

Comment

Guess most important animation discovery right now would be how to make all weapons look good in them. (I'm not fond of things on floor)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowy
            Guess most important animation discovery right now would be how to make all weapons look good in them. (I'm not fond of things on floor)
            Well only solution I could find is... making every weapon have an ID similar to identifying it all as a club, VRS isn't showing what makes the stance identify the difference of weapons to hold up there over the shoulder. Its something I dunno yet

I've been searching for naja's emote where she slams the desk etc, but not finding it ;;

also have a problem where some emotes go in fast foard and no way to slow it down I can see...

Comment

Lol, no there's an easier way to do that then making everything ID as the same weapon. What you need to do is:

Create a skeleton list for each weapon type:

H2H
              Club
              Staff
              Spear
              G. Axe
              G. Sword
              G. Katana
              Katana
              Sword
              Axe
              Scythe

Once you got that list if you want weapon in hand or on their side you do one of two things. Take a motion from a hand skeleton the weapon is to be in, or take a basic idle motion of the skeleton to the weapon when it's not in-hand.

You can copy an entire skeleton motion of a single skeleton from 1 motion and paste it into a motion of another. So you do this for each weapon in the new motion and in the end you get something like this:

Hume Female Idle Motion

Created this idle motion for Taolynn since she couldn't figure it out. It should work for most weapons (The idle motion is from a NPC that used no weapons so there was no motion for the weapons at all to begin with). The weapons it doesn't work for, it is because I hadn't copied it's motion file yet.

I'll have to test it in game though now to make sure which are missing.

Double Post Edited:
              Originally posted by Gulkeeva
              Well only solution I could find is... making every weapon have an ID similar to identifying it all as a club, VRS isn't showing what makes the stance identify the difference of weapons to hold up there over the shoulder. Its something I dunno yet

I've been searching for naja's emote where she slams the desk etc, but not finding it ;;

also have a problem where some emotes go in fast foard and no way to slow it down I can see...
              To slow it down you change the "Motion Thinner rate" the thiner rate chops the motions. What is intresting that I've found is the English version of the VRS when dealing with motions seems to act a little different then the Japanese version. I noticed this when making the Hume Female Idle Motion, for some reason it seemed to enforce me to the 12 part motion runing at the 30 fps that the Hume Female PCs idle motion originally had.

In the Japanese version I never noticed this kind of limitation, I'll have to try it again in the Japanese version to see if I'm just mistaken.

Oh if you are wondering how it chops the motion, seems to be acting by interval. So if you put in 4 there then every 4 on that motion count is used for each part of the motion, if you put in 3 then every 3 of that motion is used. So basically idle motions are 30 fps but composed of about 48 motions (every 4th motion make 1 entire part 48/4 = 12 for Hume Female PC).

Hume Male PC original idle motion has 14 parts so I would guess when exported it would be 30 fps and contain 52 motions (Per skeleton involved in the motion).
              Last edited by Macht; 08-05-2006, 04:14 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

I noticed that the Motion Thinner Rate has to be lower for shorter animations, but I'm not sure why. Mithra armor animation MB2 has 29 frames, while MB0 and MB1 have only 17. If I set Motion Thinner on MB2 to 4 it works fine. If I set MB0 and MB1 to 4, I get horrendous clipping and distortion. I set both those animations to 1, and they work fine. They don't seem choppy or anything while set at 1, so I'm not too sure exactly what this value does.

Edit: Ohh I think I get it. So does this mean that to keep animations the smoothest its always best to leave the value at 1?

Edit again... : Yeah it doesn't work that way. When I change MB2 to 1 MTR, the animation looks almost static. When I save it as 4 I see the animation as I should. What I don't understand now is how to determine the optimal setting for a given animation. I see the math in your example, but if the animation has 29 parts (including 0, so maybe its actually 28) and I have MTR set to 4, I get 112 motions? There's something here I'm just not getting.

Edit yet again: Ok I figured it out. It has to do with the animation parts and frames like Macht said. Animation MB2 lasts for 7 parts according to the Model Viewer (the counter to the left of the animation selection box), and it has 28-29 frames depending how you look at it. To get the animation to sync properly, the MTR is multiplied by the number of frames to get the total parts of the animation. 28 frames divided by 7 parts equals a MTR of 4. A value of anything other than 4 either slows the animation down, or produces alot of nasty graphical artifacts.

As another example MB1 has 29 frames and has 29 parts. MTR has to be set to 1. Its interesting that animation MB0 has 19 frames according to VRS, but only has 15 parts according to Model Viewer. If you set MTR to 1, the animation looks fine, but when it's saved as such, VRS modifies the last 3 frames and sets all points for those frames to a constant, which is derived from the 4th to the last frame. Weird.
                Last edited by Zipper; 07-17-2006, 02:20 PM.

Comment

I tried 0, VRS crashes I tried one it still goes fast, I tried like 5,10,15,20 and notied the animation "cutoff" was much faster as I went higher. The motion itself still went very fast. I tried it on various other "Mithra emotes" like stagger, bow etc and it does the same speedup. ;;

oh and I've used a Motion Thinner of 4 on all my edits, from naja walk, to the mithra bow change etc all works great and a normal looking speed without any glitches in movment.

Comment

Gulkeeva how many frames does VRS say the emote you were modifying is? Is it possible that you deleted some frames on accident? That would account for the animation speed up.

Comment

Uhh.. not sure where I can view "frame #" in VRS, I can get it in model viewer (btw, model viewer plays the emote perfectly) ingame it dosne't unfortunantly

Comment

Well you have to load up the animation, select it, and select any skeleton. Select the Motion Open screen and at the bottom of that screen it will tell you the number of frames. Did you not use VRS to modify these animations?

Comment

Yeah using VRS

you can try it yourself

Kyaa Taali Emote
                          C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\4\65.DAT
                          UB 7
                          LB 8

Mithra Motion
                          C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ROM\56\43.DAT
                          LB 4 Stagger
                          UB 3 Stagger

I dunno where your seeing the frame #'s.. I do playback and the emotes look fine and all.. jsut ingame its in fast foward. Thats the entire motion though, views perfect in Model Viewer

Comment

Ok I got it to work in Model Viewer, let me login to FFXI to do a road test.

Comment

Quick question... are you moving the skeleton (blue) parts directly, or moving pieces of armor/weapons and it's adjusting automatically? Something that was said earlier made me wonder if it was possible to avoid the super-screwy skeleton moving entirely, and if so that would be superb.

Comment

Well Gulkeeva I have the same problem as you. The animation is very fast and no matter what I set MTR too, it won't slow down. Now the NPC animation you used has 180 frames according to VRS. The original /stagger has only 76. My only guess is that even tho we saved the NPC animation as /stagger, the game may still know how many frames the emote is supposed to be. Thus 180 frames are passing by at the rate of which 76 would be originally. I'm not sure if/how this can be fixed right now.

Double Post Edited:
                                No Strom, I am moving the skeletons directly. The motion is tied to the skeleton, not to the armor. The armor reacts to the movement of the skeleton, and has its own animation file.
                                Last edited by Zipper; 07-17-2006, 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X