This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berserk: Dragonslayer

Well, since the development thread never got renamed, here we are. Anyway! Onto the introduction, which is more or less the readme.

The sword 'Dragonslayer' from Kentaro Miura's 'Berserk' universe. If you intend on finding out more about the series, be forewarned it is not for the remotely squeamish.

This is one of my more serious projects- I took a lot of extra time to make sure that every detail was just right, and even redid the textures using master .png's to minimize any traces of greening within the gray (A problem that arose with Kadaj's Katanas). The positioning of the chain link on the handle was redone for each race and gender, and the steel handle-piece was redone from scratch about midway through modeling to ensure perfection. I'm really happy with the way this turned out, and I hope that you enjoy using it as much as I did crafting it.

ARCHIVE CONTENTS:

Dragonslayer EVF.DAT
    Dragonslayer EVM.DAT
    Dragonslayer GK.DAT
    Dragonslayer HMF.DAT
    Dragonslayer HMM.DAT
    Dragonslayer MR.DAT
    Dragonslayer TT.DAT
    grouplarge.jpg
    model.jpg
    readme.txt

No derivative work without written permission, please.
    Attached Files

Re: Berserk: Dragonslayer

I will lvl Drk JUST to use this sword, it's awesome XD

*is a berserk fan*
    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Glad to hear you like it, haha.

Comment

i was looking for something exactly like this thank you!

Comment

Really nice work! I love Berserk too
          I'm back! Sanim restored!

Comment

Can i modify the DAT by myself?
            Signature, ah!

Comment

Why, what did you have planned?

It's a rather exactingly done recreation of a very specific weapon, I'm not sure what you could have planned. It would be very difficult to make any sort of significant changes without making more work from yourself than starting from scratch.

I.E., the handle guard is not textured to be like that, it's about 30-40 polygons.
              Last edited by Stromgarde; 03-29-2006, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Berserk.

Comment

Originally posted by Stromgarde

It's a rather exactingly done recreation of a very specific weapon, I'm not sure what you could have planned. It would be very difficult to make any sort of significant changes without making more work from yourself than starting from scratch.

I.E., the handle guard is not textured to be like that, it's about 30-40 polygons.
                  It's very nice, but the real Dragonslayer has cracks along the edges of the blade, the grip is light in color, not brown, kinda like a yellowish white, the chain link at the base is a lot bigger, the end of the hilt is nice, but rectangular, not rounded, wide at the end and decreasing in size as it reaches the handle.

Overall it is still nice.

Now, if only someone could make a mod of Berserker Armor.

Comment

Originally posted by hexnefx
                    It's very nice, but the real Dragonslayer has cracks along the edges of the blade, the grip is light in color, not brown, kinda like a yellowish white, the chain link at the base is a lot bigger, the end of the hilt is nice, but rectangular, not rounded, wide at the end and decreasing in size as it reaches the handle.

Overall it is still nice.

Now, if only someone could make a mod of Berserker Armor.
                    The cracks along the edges, while it would be authentic, would have been extremely difficult to do, so I cracked along the whites of the blade. I'll readily admit it's a lot easier to see it in motion in-game than by looking at images, but it does look pretty great. The pommel is shaped correctly, although the point at which the square decreases in size looks to have been set too high up. As for the link's size as well as the wrapping, I'll take those into consideration; They won't be too terribly hard to modify since those aspects are doable in model viewer/Metasequoia rather than the cumbersome VRS.

While I do take a lot of pride in my work, I also appreciate input, particularly that of enthusiasts of the subject at hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Stromgarde

My only plan is to have the dragonslayer, like those characters, but i don't know how.
                      Signature, ah!

Comment

Awesome. So gonna use this with my Einburst (sp?) set. Look just like the manga!

You know, more stuff from great manga should be modded in FFXI. ^_^

Comment

lol, how convienant for me, Berserk being my favorite anime series. ^^

Greatjob!

Comment

I wanna retract my earlier comment, these pics do not do this weapon any justice, it looks a lot better in game as Stormgrade posted, and I don't think it could look any better save for maybe the chain link being a bit bigger but it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Excellent job.

I think you should make more mods devoted to that anime, possibly Zodd's sword or the Skull Knight's sword. Maybe even Griffith's.

Armor as well, been waiting for someone to do that for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                            X