This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better?

Which would you guys believe is better, Goldsmithing or Blacksmithing? Which pays off in the long run?
    I wanna play!!!

Re: Which is better?

They are both very expensive to level and can both produce very high returns... I don't think either is particularly better than the other.

Comment

So personally you dont think either craft has an advantage over the other?
      I wanna play!!!

Comment

crafting in general is a gil sink (and with currently inflation a huge one). I personally lvl goldsmithing, bcuz i wanted sunglasses..

Comment

a gil sink...i guess your right because i'm never really seeing any kind of returns. I'd still like to try to get into it though.
          I wanna play!!!

Comment

Synthing of just about any kind is a one of those "I love pain" ideas.

It hurts so much because you're spending tons of gil to skill up, so you can make other things that will cost you tons of gil. All for the chance to actually make an item here or there.

I started leveling Cooking so I could make my own "STEROIDS." Back when EVERYBODY was eating Mithkabobs. I then continued on so I could make the Juices. I can't imagine how much gil I spent to level it to Lv.60, but a the same time I've also sold a ton of Mithkabobs, and a ton of fish baits as well.

But my Woodworking and Clothcraft are kick'n me in the butt with how much they cost to level just one level, let alone 10. Alchemy however isn't such a painful gil sink if you farm some/most of the items. (Farming Slime Oils to make Silent oils and I can turn a profit. )
            Odude
            PS2 Beta tester - Cactaur - Rank 4
            RDM32 - BLM17 - DRK11 - RNG11 - BRD9 - BST7 - WAR6 - MNK4

Lakshmi: Windurst Rank 10 - Zilart, CoP, ToAU COMPLETE - WotG
            SAM90 - DRK90 - MNK90 - WAR90 - RNG90 - BST90 - RDM83 - NIN50 - THF46 - DRG42 - BLM40 - PUP23 - WHM20 - PLD13 - BRD13 - BLU10 - SCH10 - DNC7 - COR5 - SMN1

Comment

i've been looking into cooking and alchemy. Been thinking maybe i should wait till i'm pulling in alot more gil to try blacksmithing, because it seems to take alot more out of you then it gives back.
              I wanna play!!!

Comment

Cloth and leather I believe are the most profitable low lvl-mid lvl range(I dont have a craft above 60 yet)But I can easily make 500k-1 mil in a couple days doing stacks of cloth and leather.

Comment

Ok. Maybe i'll try and pick it up. Thanks for the info
                  I wanna play!!!

Comment

Which is better?

Maybe you cold mine some ore.

A lot of the stuff I get I can't use however but I can sell it on the AH and make some gil, until I reach that crafting level.

Originally posted by pacoblah
                    Been thinking maybe i should wait till i'm pulling in alot more gil to try blacksmithing, because it seems to take alot more out of you then it gives back.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Working...
                    X