Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long would it take to take goldsmith to 40?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long would it take to take goldsmith to 40?

Assuming unlimited funds, how fast could it be done?

Re: How long would it take to take goldsmith to 40?

unlimited money, per hour about 3-4 level if you know what to do and how to craft

so one day pure leveling

ps: my best score was 6 1/2 level in 1 hour
    Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

One week would cover it to 60 i'm sure, that's what i did with alchemy, and i didnt buy anything on the AH other than crystals, meaning i had to farm and/or buy on NPCs that force you to travel around the world to get to D:, also i dont play much on weekdays, like 2-3 hours at most, i did devote that week to skillin up alchemy tho... i'm sure you could even do it in 2/3 days... less if you have no life

I took GS to 28 in a lot more than that tho, cus i obviously wasnt gonna buy stuff on AH, so i had to mine ALOT and travel to Bastok ALOT, that's why i guess... i spent around 500k on it still.... ; ; wish i could get that money back.
      signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Im willing to spend w/e it takes, my time is more valuable than what it could possibly cost so I dont even wanna try doing it if its gonna take more than a couple of days

Comment

so, gil is not a matter
          0-5 Copper Ring
          -11 Brass Sheet (used in next)
          -16 Brass Flowerpot
          -20 Silver Ingot (used in next)
          -27 Silver Hairpin
          -33 Silver Chain
          -38 Mythril Ingot
          -41 (Optional) Gold Thread (with clothcrafting up)
          -42 Mythril Earring

with little luck and knowledge you can get 1 skill up with 14+-6 synth
          every synth is about 30 seconds, you can do 120 per hour if you really would have all material
          ps: there is maybe a better way with recipe, its only an idea of mine
          good luck
          Monchichie

Ayumie

Comment

1 day is enough to take it to lv60 if u have good fund , but u'll need mules to sell stuff u made all day
            i took wood 60 in 1 day and smithing 60 in 1 day and alchemy 60 in one day too :E

Comment

Wow

Was that all in one day or 3 differnt Days?

Originally posted by Kiraa
              1 day is enough to take it to lv60 if u have good fund , but u'll need mules to sell stuff u made all day
              i took wood 60 in 1 day and smithing 60 in 1 day and alchemy 60 in one day too :E

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

It took me about...4 months to get me there. Mind you, I took multiple breaks that lasted a few weeks at a time between skill ups and I took plenty of breaks to make a new profit. I think it all depends on how you are skilling up, how much gil you have, and how much time in the game you spend overall. And whether or not you want to do something else inbetween there, lol.
                If you work at it hard and take some breaks for life inbetween it could take you a few days. The only reason it took me months was because it was something I did in my spare time, and I never really said "alright, I'm getting to 40 TODAY!"

Never assume that you have unlimited funds, and if you do then you are...well, I won't rant about that today. I'd still give it a few days, depending on how hard you work at it. But please don't get me started on the sources of "unlimited funds" ...

Main Job: 70RDM/BLM or WHM ~ Fairy (I hate you, Maat)
                Currently Leveling: 49WHM/BLM
                Windurst Rank 10 ~ As of 5/25/07! Woot!

My Fanfiction (please read, or at least skim!)

Susan>> Babies are just like people.
                Susan>> Just smaller.
                [GM]Dave>> But I don't like people.
                [GM]Dave>> I hate people.
                Susan>> Babies are like small people that can't talk.
                [GM]Dave>> ...
                [GM]Dave>> I'm listening.

Comment

I think it took me about 4-5 days (5 hours each) to get cooking to 60. Of course, I just burned through money and didn't sell anything, but hey... I got there.

THIS IS YOUR FRIEND. CLICKY CLICKY CLICKY.

Put in the crystal, cap, and your current skill calculate and keep it current to the day. It will tell you which way to face and all that to keep everything in the "2-4 The Prime Skill up zone". If you can do that you will skill up with blazing speed. This involves skipping days, jumping recipes, and facing certain directions, but in the end, you can net amazing skill ups.

Seriously, I took Alchemy to 6 in less than 20 minutes. I know its low level and all, but tweaking your skillups to be in the right zone makes it amazing.
                  66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
                  Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                  01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
                  01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
                  O)
                  01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Re: Wow

Originally posted by Lucky and Elizabeth
                    Was that all in one day or 3 differnt Days?
                    3 different days of course 3:

Comment

1-40 only took me a few days. But yea I had the funds. It wasn't too expensive tho after taking all other crafts to 60 I kinda get used to the price now. Cloth 52 to 60 was much, much more insane.
                      There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                      but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                      transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Regardless of whether or not you have unlimited funding (To me, that's always suspicious since no matter the cost, nothing is worth anything trying to power skill since it might take weeks to months just to recover the losses incurred)

(1) It's nearly impossible to get to 40 in one day. Skillup is heavily dependant on many factors. For example, trying to skillup on a recipe on days that is the easiest to do will result in very few skillups. Each elemental day in the game lasts a whole irl hour. And remember, time spent crafting usually is dependant on the next factor:

(2) There are always several recipes which depend heavily on the availability of mats on AH. Needless to say, muling mats from different cities will take a lot out of your time trying to craft, let alone if mats are even available in any AH at the time you wish to craft.

Add: If you want to level craft so badly in a day, go p/u WOW. This is why I love crafting in FFXI. Not just anyone get get their craft high and this offers a bit of protection and ways to profit for the serious crafter.
                        Last edited by Aeni; 06-07-2006, 02:58 PM.

Comment

It's nearly impossible to get to 40 in one day. Skillup is heavily dependant on many factors. For example, trying to skillup on a recipe on days that is the easiest to do will result in very few skillups. Each elemental day in the game lasts a whole irl hour. And remember, time spent crafting usually is dependant on the next factor:
                          Using that calculator I linked earlier (which I simply cannot plug enough) you can minimize the impact of elemental days and even use good or bad ones to your advantage. Of course, eventually you stop using it as a crutch... but until then, it makes everything pretty spot on, as long as you take the time to read and understand how it works.
                          66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
                          Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                          01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
                          01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
                          O)
                          01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

Well I'm only 38 goldsmithing but 58 woodcrafting...it took an hour or so to get from 28-38, but it's taken me months since I tend to sell off my crafted goods and some do not sell very well...still attempting to sell off the 30+ lapis lazuli rings...that I crafted a month ago. That and I do not have unlmited funds as the OP seems to have.
                            75PLD 42RNG 41WAR 41WHM 32THF 49NIN 35SAM 37BLM 20SMN 35DRG
                            Rank 7 Windurst

http://www.virtus-asura.com

Comment

I have been skilling without caring moonphase at all actually. I do got bad skillup streaks here and there but they didn't bother me much When I have the gil lying around enough to burn them, I prefer to skill up a little right when I want to.

I actually attempted a 10 gap synth for both leather and cloth (50 leather making tiger leather, 52 cloth making ribbons) on a random 40-60% moon and didn't have that bad of a break.... I closen to 5 gap within a day. Used much less materials than I thought.
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X