Why just a few?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why just a few?

It might seem odd, but i have a low fishing level. And it seems i cant catch 200 Fish a day like everyone else, I'm also on the 1 Month free. Does any of these things effect this at all? Can anyone tell me the requirement for the 200 Fish cap? It becomes troublesome when i catch about 12 then it stops giving em. Lack of something to do if you ask me. I also came from a trial account, maybe that has something to do with it?

Re: Why just a few?

from the wikipedia FFXIclopedia, the Final Fantasy XI wiki - Characters, items, jobs, and more

Catching things via fishing puts a strain on your character which is commonly known as "fishing fatigue". It does not affect any other aspect of your character other than your fishing performance. Fatigue resets itself back to normal upon every midnight (Earth time) in Japan. Different catches carry different amounts of fatigue along with them (small fish usually carry minimal fatigue, whereas large fish or heavy items such as Coral Fragments can fatigue you much faster). As fatigue rises, bite rates may drop and it can become more difficult to catch certain fish (fish stamina bars will not decrease as quickly). When fatigue reaches its maximum (after successfully reeling in 200~ fish or items), you will no longer get any bites on the line, effectively limiting the total amount of fishing you can do every day. With the recent December 2008 Update, when you fish with a job level lower than 20, or it has been less than 2 weeks since your first log on with a new character, the maximum number of fish or items reeled in is lowered to 10 per real life day. The below 20 limit is imposed regardless of the level of other jobs. The limit on new characters is lifted on the first conquest update after the 2 weeks, while the limit on below level 20 fishing is lifted after 24 hours (provided you fish on a higher level job next time).

Comment

Alright thanks. Knew there was something like this.

Comment

It is to prevent abuse from using multiple trial accounts to fish... so don't take it personally
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

^ is a lie.

It's because Balfree wears a hat.

That is all.

Comment

Working...
          X