This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatigue?

Hello, I was messing around leveling fishing last night (lv11-13). Well I started at Port Windy, with the rig, catching Quus. Not bad... but to slow. After 1 1/2 hours I tele holla, then start fishing in E. Ron. using the fly lure (trouts / salmons). Maybe after 1 hr.. I started to not catch anything, or catch monsters, or crappy rings.

My question: I hear that when you get fatigued, you can zone to get rid of it. Did I read this wrong?

Also, what's around the average time until you get fatigued? Is it crazy low timer (1hr, 2hr). If so lv'n it up will take forever!! I spent like 2-3 hours and barely got 2 lvs out of it

Anyway sorry for the questions.... If covered somewhere I'm sorry, I looked (at work tho)
    Gyfford ~Valefor~
    Main(s) = BST75, BLM75, {BRD42}
    SJ =NIN37,WHM37,THF37,SAM37,WAR37, DRK32
    PLD30,BLU27,RDM25,RNG20,MNK19,DRG10,SMN10,{on temp. hold}
    Cook=75+2 (hat / gloves) Wood=49 (lumberjack)
    [ Fishing=21 ]

Re: Fatigue?

That seems about normal skill up times for fishing. Its not like the other crafts where you can just drop 200k and get 10 levels.

Comment

Aye, fishing is quite slow... I'd also have to assume that zoning does nothing for fatigue. I got fatigued after awhile fishing on the ferry(constant zoning)
      sigpic

Comment

Ah I did not even think about the ship fishing XD You're absolutely right. Ah well E. Ron is cool, but I guess I'll hit the Jungles (underground) and start fishing for Lu~Shang's! carps (while lv'n up)

Thanks for answering my question... I completely forgot about boats

*edit* Oh yeah and pooka the sig.
        Gyfford ~Valefor~
        [ Fishing=21 ]

Comment

When you get to the point of catching nothing or just mobs, I found zoning does not help. The only time I've ever fished to fatigue myself was when I was doing long ferry trips for skill up, and as was already pointed, out, that is regular zoning. To extend my skill up chances, I didn't fish while the ferry was still in port, hanging outside of the door, instead I waited til it took off. I tend to not skill up on the fish at the docks, so I didn't want to waste any casts.

As far as skill up, I've done stretches on the ferry to fatigue and saw less then a whole skill up point and the next night didn't quite hit fatigue and got 4. Fishing can be slow to level, but unlike the other crafts, I found it enjoyable as I could always change my scenery while doing it. Helps if you get a fishing buddy as well, as it makes the time go by that much faster.

Comment

If you really get into fishing, check out the Titanictus.com website. I haven't been fishing in a couple months so things may have changed, but this is what I know about fatigue...

There's a "soft fatigue" and a "hard fatigue". SE introduced both fatigues to combat fishing botters. Fatigue resets to zero at Japanese midnight (11am US EDT).

The "soft fatigue" kicks in after a certain amount of time (~1 hour?) and the bites will get fewer and farther apart, but they'll still be there. Zoning is what helped that. I'm not positive, but I believe that with the introduction of "hard fatigue", the soft fatigue was greatly reduced or eliminated.

"Hard fatigue" represents your maximum fishing allowance for that 24-hr RL period. The higher your fishing skill (and possibly job level), the greater your fishing allowance. Everything (including items I think) that catches on your hook adds to hard fatigue. When you reach the "hard fatigue" limit you'll know it. You won't get a bite from anything or from anywhere. You just have to wait for Japanese midnight.

In addition to the "hard fatigue" there's a maximum of 200 *fish* (not including items) that you can catch in a RL day. So even though Moat Carp add a small amount of fatigue and theoretically you could catch more than 200, 200 is still the limit. Big fish add a lot of fatigue so you catch far fewer of them in a day.

Skill-ups are extremely slow. Especially by the time you get to mid-levels.
            They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If slow levelling bothers you, Fishing is definitely not the craft you want to invest time in. Progress is very slow, much more so than synthcrafts.

To expand on Nakti's excellent post above, fishing fatigue used to be a factor of how long you stayed in a zone, and could be "reset" by simply zoning once or twice. This system is no longer in effect.

With the fishing changes from last year, you now have a maximum "fatigue allowance" per day. As you catch and reel in fish (and sometimes items and monsters), you lose some of your total allowance per real-time day. Different fish and items subtract varying amounts from your total allowance, from the miniscule amounts subtracted by low level easy fish like moat carp, of which you can catch about 200 per day, to the fairly heavy Emporer Fish, which caps around 53 total per day, up to the devastatingly heavy item coral fragment, which tops out at around 20 per day.

Zoning does not help with the current fatigue system. The only thing you can do is wait until midnight Japan Standard (11AM EST) for your allowance to be reset each day.

Icemage

Comment

Wow they really stuck it to those botters! Slow lv'n don't bother me at all...I did lv bst to 75 XD Talk about sloooow.

I hit Y. jungle last night, the underground ponds. I must have caught 34 forest carps (.4 total skill ups), and 67 moats (no skill ups) for the night ^.^

I was so set for the night too. I brought 3 stacks of materials for insect balls (lv75 cook), two halcon fishing rods. Then after a while I just kept catching monsters...so, since I'm trying to lv RNG, I went back to crafting woodworking. Dinged lv37 WW... just a few more lv then I can make Fang arrows to continue rng.

Thanks for the great information! Has been noted in my book.
                Gyfford ~Valefor~
                [ Fishing=21 ]

Comment

I'm not quite shure if this is myth, superstition, or pure sillyness but it seems to work for me. (20 fishing, 2million gil on selling moat carps... during the christmas inflation , and 400/10,000 on my own Lu Shang's)

If you notice that it takes longer between casts or that you're catching really stupidly low amounts, just move. Move like 10 feet. There is suposed to be a creeping loss of fishing prowess as you stand still. Again, that could be goofy. Every little bit helps though.

I found that the "Hard Fatigue" limit comes at about 200 casts... which turns out to be around two stacks of materials for making Insect Paste (24 stacks of paste). The only thing to do is wait. This also seems to be around 4-5 hours if you're fishing in Port Sandy. Thats just from long boring experience.... long... boring... *gurgle*. If I hadn't sold them and used them for the quest... I'd only be at 1,600/10,000. Thats another story. I'd also not have leveled crafting.
                  66MNK | 37WAR | 22SAM | 20THF | 20BST | 18 NIN | 17BLM | 10WHM
                  Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                  01 / 10 on Hoo Mjuu the Torrent (Monster Signa: O)
                  01 / 08 on Mee Deggi the Punisher (Ochiumsha Kote:
                  O)
                  01 / 04 on Quu Domi the Gallant (Sarutobi Kyahan: O)

Comment

yeah i get hard fatigue when im fishing for long periods of time on moat carp for money its about 200 fish give or take and iv tried everything to reset it and found zip that works besides leaving for afew hours and doing something else

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

It resets at exactly 12PM Japan Time (10AM EST, for reference) I've tested it, you don't have to log out or anything.

I had fatigue from the day before... so I decided to start fishing at 9:58am... and for two minutes caught nothing, them BAM!, 10:00 and I start catching again.
                      Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                      O)

Comment

you can do other stuff for awhile to and iv found it sudoe (sp) resets

Which FF Character Are You?

And you, wich Final Fantasy character do you resemble?

Comment

Originally posted by AngryUndead
                          It resets at exactly 12PM Japan Time (10AM EST, for reference) I've tested it, you don't have to log out or anything.

I had fatigue from the day before... so I decided to start fishing at 9:58am... and for two minutes caught nothing, them BAM!, 10:00 and I start catching again.
                          10AM only during Daylight Savings Time (Eastern Daylight Time/EDT).
                          11AM after clocks are adjusted back (Eastern STANDARD Time/EST).

We're currently operating on Eastern Standard Time in most of North America.

Icemage

Comment

It was 10am during the fall of last year. Thats during the time in which the clocks are set back. I'm almost 100% certain. I did all my fishing during the Christmas inflation, which is after the "Fall back an hour" thing.

I'm not sure I understand where our communication is breaking down.
                            Cooking 69 / Fishing 48
                            O)

Comment

I have this book marked
                              http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248

my PC's clock is set to JP time too.. im that crazy.
                              Still have my alarm clock set to standard PST time.
                              There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
                              but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
                              transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Working...
                              X