WILD ONION'S?????Where??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WILD ONION'S?????Where??

Quick easy question... where do i get wild onions the ah prices are 9k a stack which seems crazy,read they could be got from the cooking guild but i looked and there isnt any there ...help apericanted
    War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

LinkShell - TheShortBus <<<Wikid

Cooking Lvl 48

Tho's that wish peace be prepared for war

Re: WILD ONION'S?????Where??

Wild onions are dropped from goblin thugs. They pop in a lot of zones.Typically you can only buy them from the cooking guild if someone has sold them to the guild, which nobody ever does.

Check here: Wild Onion - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki and Goblin Thug - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki
    The wiki is a good resource for just about anything. Everything I just told you is on the first page there.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Hmm i was gunna farm them then i thoght there was an easyer way so i thoght gardenin but vegatable seeds are like manys K's of gil as well .... Gusse ill farm em
      War Lvl 37 Thf Lvl 31 Drg lvl69 Pld lvl 39 Nin 23 Whm 20 Blm 10 Smn- Fire weather, Do You Have It??????????

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

You could just buy one from the AH.

EDIT: Never mind, I misread and thought you only wanted one.
        Last edited by Armando; 05-10-2009, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
          You could just buy one from the AH.
          9k a stack for the onions only have less than 12k and seeds ofr gardening is expensive also ,unless i farm seeds but drop rate is crap ,but 30% odd drop for wild onions on thugs sounds my best bet with my thf sub ,tryin to make mithka bobs for lvling my cooking Btw

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

30% drop rate is pretty great for anything in FFXI. You can probably get a stack in an hour running circles around the southeast tower of Horutoto. The other drawback to gardening is that it takes about a week for the seeds to mature and the results are random.

For that level of cooking it would probably be cheaper to cap out on meatballs and then do melon juice. You'll end up having to NPC a bunch of meatballs but the ingredients are like 200g per synth.

Comment

just started farming killed four thugs and have two onions alreadys so not bad ,im only doing mithkabobs cuz its seems profitable and its good food to use, altho the market is a bit over crowded i wasnt sure what other foods are profitable recipes for AH's ,cept Insect Paste

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

The best place is probably the Horutoto Ruins in the NE corner of East Sarutabaruta. Plenty of goblin thugs, especially when you include the crack in the wall caves.
                Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

The northern tower in West Sarutabaruta has an even higher density of goblins if I remember right; the tower is a large square room with wide open areas, so it's easier than running around the halls of the east tower.

Comment

Not sure what it's like on your server, but on mine an NQ synth actually loses you money. It's not profitable unless you're 51+ levels above the cap and have a good HQ rate. If you get a break on the other hand you could lose 2k on materials.

On that note, here's your other invaluable resource: Meat Mithkabob - Bahamut - FFXIAH.com
                    ffxiah will list the cost of the items for most synths and show you how that compares to the value of the product, among other useful functions.

It's pretty rare that you can skill up and actually make money at the same time. Sometimes you can do it if you find a fast-moving consumable item with no HQ, like yagudo drinks. Most of the time the best you can do is find a synth that minimizes your losses.

I think there are more pops in the southern tower in east Sarutabaruta. It's also usually vacant since it has a lot of blade bats in it that keep people from trying to exp there unlike the other two towers.

Comment

As far as seeds go, the best way to get them is to steal them.
                      Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                      DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                      Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                      Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                      WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                      Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                      All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                      Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                      Clothcraft 24
                      Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                      BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

First of all, head to Horutoto Ruins. It doesn't matter too much which bit as long as there are thugs. If there are some people there farming already, another choice you have is King Ranperre's Tomb. I know they are more spread out than the horutoto ruins. Another place would be Wadi (i can never remember the full name) by bastok Gustaberg. There you can kill and farm for wild onions but also kill off some bees and gain some honey and beehive chips, giving you more farming resource to sell. Only take items/gear which you need, saves for having to run back and fourth as much. And obviously use or at least sub thf for better drops.

Now to the gardening side of things

I would say ifyou are gonna start gardening, buy the wildgrass seeds from the npc in WG right bby the ship docks. Then you will either want to make or buy a Maple Table, i would say crafting it would be cheaper and is a low woodwork craft. Finally get 10 pots from the npc near the west Ronfaure gate and look at your plants every japanese day. on the 3-4th day after planting the seeds, it will say the plants don't look too good, and at that point you will be able to feed them a crystal. If it's profit your after i recommend using fire crystals, and again check them every day for another 2-3 days. After then, they will glow allowing you to harvest them and you should get mostly crystals + greens. The greens are best sold to npcs as there is more gil made that way than the AH, i guess because of this. (i usually make anywhere from 12k-22k by selling to npc) Also the crystals you can either use for crafting or sell them as normal in AH.

Comment

Well now it turns out im making around 18k from my mithkas if i buy the materials except the wild onions im farming so mithkabobs is actually doing me many favors i have enuff gill for stuff making over 50k a week if i fill the ah everyday and they sell rate is good thanks people for advice

Cooking Lvl 48

Comment

Originally posted by MIthra_Akira View Post
                            Quick easy question... where do i get wild onions the ah prices are 9k a stack which seems crazy,read they could be got from the cooking guild but i looked and there isnt any there ...help apericanted
                            Goblins
                            sigpic

Comment

goblins in gustaberg drop them

Comment

Working...
                              X