Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kitalrez
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Updataru on my experiment to confirm Taz's approach. As of Day 20:

    1. All stats were poor except discernment which hit substandard.
    2. The ungrateful wretchy-wetch turned out yellow on me!
    3. Personality never changed to "Rather Enigmatic" from "Quite Sensitive", although I blew it by missing a day's check, checking two days on ice and lightningsday respectively, and setting the last two day's plans to basic care instead of listen to music. It pays to have a Vana'Diel timer hyperlinked and make a few visits to the care plan menu to double check what's coming up, I guess.

    So, I flushed my little unnamed choco and decided to startaru over. A nice Galka named "Colonel Sand Urns" gave me this recipe with 11 herbs and spices to testaru out on my failures. I think I'll startaru a nice side business if I keep creating these failures.

    This time, I'm going through this process with a "Faintly Warm" egg. Hopefully I can get some more data for Thott's experiment as well. The one thing I notice right off the bat is that my egg gives the message: "Your egg feels the warmth of your gaze". Both the "Bit Warm" eggs I have used before had a wiggly little egg with the message: "The chick inside seems to want out", when I checked it. This suggests to me that the "Faintly Warm" egg might have a stronger tendency for a more mental breed, like the Palfrey, rather than the Physical breeds I've been making before.

    Also, apparently giving a Parasite worm during the "high spirits" phase of your chick's development allows you to change it's personality. I'm not sure if it's random or fixed, but people have been reporting that it changes when that worm is fed. This leads me to suspect that personality has more to do with which stat is going to be easiest to raise, rather than breeds.

    Leave a comment:


  • tazirai
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Sirius View Post
    I have a blue one and when I tell you my "care plan" you will cry.
    I first raised a yellow chocobo, retired it and used it as easy transport. Then I bought an egg and set out on my plan of not feeding or caring for these pieces of choco-meat until I see what color they are and throw them away.
    So, I watch it hatch and grow to day 19 without food or care. It turned out to be blue tipped so I just gave it a cupid worm to stop it from hating me and now have a full adult blue male. (Easy-going personality.)
    As far as I can tell, it is all random and I am a lucky son of a bitch.
    (;゜ロ゜)。。。。I really wanna cry after hearing this..
    本当にですよ、それても馬鹿みたいですね。。。

    Leave a comment:


  • Sirius
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    I have a blue one and when I tell you my "care plan" you will cry.

    I first raised a yellow chocobo, retired it and used it as easy transport. Then I bought an egg and set out on my plan of not feeding or caring for these pieces of choco-meat until I see what color they are and throw them away.

    So, I watch it hatch and grow to day 19 without food or care. It turned out to be blue tipped so I just gave it a cupid worm to stop it from hating me and now have a full adult blue male. (Easy-going personality.)

    As far as I can tell, it is all random and I am a lucky son of a bitch.

    Leave a comment:


  • tazirai
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Joran Dax View Post
    It might be that, the more evolutions you go through and breedings that the better the chances of a blue bird. I'd at least keep the bird on hand to mate with later to try this. Maybe several generations of the same kind of treatment will increase the birds chances.
    I think once the update comes out I'm gonna try for a green one. From what I read about the Jennys it seems like the key to them is strength. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So I plan to take an egg, hopefully one of the ISNM eggs if I can get one, and grow it in Windy with severe emphasis on the Strength attribute. Even if it doesn't turn out green I will hopefully have something I can mate with my first, high endurance bird, assuming you can mate two of your own birds together that is.

    true, I will Keep it until it grows up, then after that maybe mate it with another bird, I can try to convince an old PT mate for a date with his Blue Palfrey, But it wont happen until after the update.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joran Dax
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    It might be that, the more evolutions you go through and breedings that the better the chances of a blue bird. I'd at least keep the bird on hand to mate with later to try this. Maybe several generations of the same kind of treatment will increase the birds chances.

    I think once the update comes out I'm gonna try for a green one. From what I read about the Jennys it seems like the key to them is strength. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. So I plan to take an egg, hopefully one of the ISNM eggs if I can get one, and grow it in Windy with severe emphasis on the Strength attribute. Even if it doesn't turn out green I will hopefully have something I can mate with my first, high endurance bird, assuming you can mate two of your own birds together that is.
    Last edited by Joran Dax; 10-16-2006, 10:18 AM. Reason: damn spelling errors

    Leave a comment:


  • tazirai
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Day 20 (Real Time), Day 18Under Care plan

    Day 20
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny
    Care Plan :Listen to music
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was hungry
    Feed: 2 Zegham Carrots
    Walked 3x, Watched 2x

    Notes:
    A)My Chobi Grew up It turned yellow.
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."

    Notes:
    Second Yellow Chocobo, It is a Palfrey however, but I guess the egg I used had a lower chance of becoming a Blue Choco.
    I'm gonna retire this one and Wait until the version up before my 3rd attempt. I'm not gonna go the full 30 days. I'm gonna go up until the point it becomes a teenager then see the results. My next attempt will be patch day.

    So Results are I wound up with a palfrey, but not a Blue Palfrey.
    We can keep th eexperiment going with other peoples chocobo's.

    I'll create a chocobo sticky up top for people to post there results notes, feed etc.
    thanks for bearing with me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kitalrez
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Bricklayer View Post
    Also, with mine also being quite sensitive, I have a yellow choco with grayish white plumage (assume it's the same).
    It's the same. As I told Blaez in another thread, your Gamma Correction is set too low, making everything else seem darker than the rest of us. So, either you enjoy playing in the dark, or you're preparing for the day Fenrir devours the sun and Ragnarok begins. Hey, you'll be the best prepared of us all.

    Edit: I should really remember to add my stats when I reply to one of these...
    Following Tazirai's schedule, bit warm egg. Only differences are mine hatched on day 4 instead of 6, and I'm raising it in Windurst instead of Bastok.
    Day 11
    All stats poor
    Personality just switched to "Quite Sensitive", only about a day after Taz's made same switch on the plan.
    No handkerchief CS yet, although I did get the story already. I have a choco whistle equipped though, maybe this blocks it?
    I'm getting the "Good Job" CS almost every other walk now, not exactly sure what this portents...

    Oh yeah, noticed that you seem to be capped at a max of 3 story key items at any given time, and they seem to have wiped out when I retired the first chocobo and started this one:
    1. Pulonono of Windurst gives Youthful, (teaches Bore ability).
    2. Zopago of Bastok gives Worrysome, (teaches Burrow ability).
    3. Bashraf from competing option gives Happy, (teaches Auto-Regen ability).
    4. Hantalion of San D'oria gives Impatient, (teaches Gallop ability).
    5. Brutus (long walk only, so far) gives Curious, (teaches Canter ability).

    So, I'm thinking that racers are going to gear more towards trying to meet Brutus and Hantalion. Diggers are going to want to hit up Pulonono and Zopago. Auto-regen from Bashraf gives your choco energy back faster, not sure how this goes into play, but betting that racers would want this to decrease any wait times between races, if those go into the game. Maybe it also decreases digging fatigue? Testing needed.

    Edit #2: Practical upshot of that info on stories:
    If you want to get a specific ability set, you'll want to start raising in a town where you can get a story you want from short walks, only compete if you want the Auto-Regen story, and plan your (normal) and (long) walks so you skip over any NPC you meet who teaches a story you want to skip. I.E. if I notice Hantalion on the (normal) walk, I'm gonna skip doing that walk and shoot straight to (long), since I'm raising a digger. That way I have a chance at Brutus and the other NPC on those walks instead.
    Last edited by Kitalrez; 10-11-2006, 10:13 PM. Reason: Way more info to add than originally thought...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bricklayer
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Nekomieu View Post
    Where does that leave the Quite Senstive personality though? My chobi (though yellow with white plumage) had one zegham carrot and one azouph green every day from when he was hatched at day 4 to day 19, developed substandard Discernment and has had the same personality since day 7.
    Sorry! I put responsive instead of quite sensitive (have since edited original post). Sensitive should be discernment in that list. Also, with mine also being quite sensitive, I have a yellow choco with grayish white plumage (assume it's the same). I saw a comment by Macht about his chocobo being yellow with white plumage as well. Forget what plan/food he was using tho. I used listen to music and fed veggie paste every day, except for one zegham carrot on the "high spirits" day.

    Leave a comment:


  • tazirai
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Nekomieu View Post
    Where does that leave the Quite Senstive personality though? My chobi (though yellow with white plumage) had one zegham carrot and one azouph green every day from when he was hatched at day 4 to day 19, developed substandard Discernment and has had the same personality since day 7. This whole thing is so confusing and wasteful. Not only do I feel like I wasted a lot of money with foods, I also feel like I wasted my time.
    It's seems like it's almost better to just purchase two chococards from two different people, knowing what color they birthed and breed that way. So then you don't waste almost a month of your time waiting to see what comes out (if in fact you can do that with two cards in the first place).
    *Sighs heavily, disappointed.*
    I know how you feel, but I would lump "quite sensitive" under receptivity also, Since in real world terms to be receptive is to also be sensitive to anothers thoughts,ideas,emotions. Enigmatic is the same way, they could be that good enigmatic, and just have a mysterious air or that evil enigmatic who hides things.
    Both Enigmatics are receptive to outside input however.

    Leave a comment:


  • Nekomieu
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Bricklayer View Post
    I agree...

    It seems like the relationships between attributes and personality should be:
    Strength: Ill-tempered
    Endurance: Patient
    Discernment: Responsive
    Receptivity: Enigmatic

    Where does that leave the Quite Senstive personality though? My chobi (though yellow with white plumage) had one zegham carrot and one azouph green every day from when he was hatched at day 4 to day 19, developed substandard Discernment and has had the same personality since day 7. This whole thing is so confusing and wasteful. Not only do I feel like I wasted a lot of money with foods, I also feel like I wasted my time.

    It's seems like it's almost better to just purchase two chococards from two different people, knowing what color they birthed and breed that way. So then you don't waste almost a month of your time waiting to see what comes out (if in fact you can do that with two cards in the first place).

    *Sighs heavily, disappointed.*

    I really wish you the best of luck tomorrow though, Tazirai. I hope one of us comes out with a blue baby.

    Leave a comment:


  • tazirai
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    The Update is here..


    Day 14 (Real Time), Day 12 Under Care plan

    Day 14
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny with chance of clouds
    Care Plan : Listen to Music
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was starving
    Feed: 2 Zegham Carrot
    Walked 3x , Watched 2x

    Notes:
    A)Cutscene with chaos today on 2nd walk
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."


    No shift anywhere across the board..
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 15 (Real Time), Day 13Under Care plan

    Day 15
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny
    Care Plan : Take a Walk
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was starving/ Your Chocobo has been recieving plenty of affection.....
    Feed: 2 Zegham Carrot
    Walked 3x , Watched 4x

    Notes:
    A)No Cutscenes today on walk
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."
    D) It was in High Spirits.
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 16 (Real Time), Day 14Under Care plan

    Day 16
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny
    Care Plan : Take a Walk
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was starving/ Your Chocobo has been recieving plenty of affection.....
    Feed: 2 Zegham Carrot
    Walked 2x , Watched 4x

    Notes:
    A)Your Chocobo has had it's fill and calmed down Cutscene.
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."
    D) It was in High Spirits.
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 17 (Real Time), Day 15Under Care plan

    Day 17
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny
    Care Plan : Take a Walk
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was starving/
    Feed: 2 Zegham Carrot
    Walked 3x , Watched 3x

    Notes:
    A)No Cutscene on walks
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 17 (Real Time), Day 15Under Care plan

    Day 17
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny
    Care Plan : Take a Walk( No CS since I was able to check it twice today)
    Physical Condition: Good/ Neither full or Hungry
    Feed: 1 Zegham Carrot

    Notes:

    I was sleepy and checked the chobi 2x today and didnt walk or check it again after feeding the one carrot.
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 18 (Real Time), Day 16Under Care plan

    Day 18
    Weather Gustaberg : Windsday/Sunny
    Care Plan :Listen to music
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was hungry
    Feed: 1 Zegham Carrot
    Walked 3x, Watched 2x

    Notes:
    A)No Cutscene on walks
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."
    D0 It was very perky and Happy to see me.
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 19 (Real Time), Day 17Under Care plan

    Day 19
    Weather Gustaberg : Firesday/Sunny
    Care Plan :Listen to music
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was hungry
    Feed: 2 Sharug greens
    Walked 3x, Watched 2x

    Notes:
    A)No Cutscene on walks
    B)Personality **Rather Enigmatic**
    It has a rather enigmatic personality... it's hard to know what it's thinking.
    C)Affection "It thinks i'm it's Parent."
    _________________________________________________________________

    Day 19 (Real Time), Day 17( should be day 18, but the CS never mentioned the day again, so If you check it 2x in one 24hr period they may count both checks as one day.) Under Care plan

    Day 19
    Weather Gustaberg : Lightning/Sunny
    Care Plan :Listen to music
    Physical Condition: Good/ Was hungry
    Feed: 2 Zegham Carrots.
    Walked 3x, Watched 2x

    Notes:
    I was able to check it again today once at 3 am the other at 3:30 PM, I'm thinking there seems to be a 12hr limit between checks, I've never checked it before, but since i've done it twice now, it seems to be the case.

    I also checked it on Lightning day by mistake, since I 'd gotten my timing off by 3 hours, so I continued with the care.


    tomorrow should be grow up day , well at least to teenager, so we'll see if this little experiment worked or not. If it hasnt I'll grow this one to adulthood and keep tryin gthis method with another egg, sadly Someone has to test it, and I guess it'll be me ^^
    But if it's a failure I wont try again until after the version up.
    /volunteery chicken breeder.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    I think the chocobo develops an affinity for whichever food you give it on its "high spirits" day. My chocobos always gobble that food up in one gulp, and the same food will restore more energy on one chocobo than the other if one likes it more. Possible there's an increase in the impact that food has on the chocobo's stats, but that is hard to prove.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bricklayer
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Originally posted by Macht View Post
    If it's patient that seems to suggest it would be good in durability. As the excerssise with other chocobo's results in a message about the chocobo's patience, something focused to raise the chocobo's durability.

    Enigmatic seems to fit with receptivity as the play with other chocobo's comments about that as well.
    I agree...

    It seems like the relationships between attributes and personality should be:
    Strength: Ill-tempered
    Endurance: Patient
    Discernment: Sensitive
    Receptivity: Enigmatic

    At day 18, I've got an adolescent chocobo with a sensitive personality. I've been having it listen to music with occasional rest days. I fed it a Zegham Carrot on the day it was in high spirits (veggie paste for all other meals), and it was sick on the other day it was in high spirits. Both days it listened to music. The personality did shift to enigmatic for one day, but I attribute that to the fact that listening to music raises both discernment and receptivity.

    I have a hypothesis that when the chocobo is particularly reponsive, it either:
    1) makes bigger gains in attributes based on the plan you give it for that day or the next day,
    2) makes bigger gains in attributes based on the food you give it that day, or
    3) is shifted toward a particular personality based on the food or plan you give it that day.

    I'm frustrated today because my care plan was "Listen to Music," I got the "Listen to Music" cutscene, but my chocobo continued to be in rest mode (the previous day's plan that i had only set for one day)... Hope this is just a bug.
    Last edited by Bricklayer; 10-11-2006, 08:22 PM. Reason: originally put "reponsive" instead of "sensitive".

    Leave a comment:


  • tazirai
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    That's great News and observations guys.
    I havent updated my chobi in a couple days since i've been away.
    Tonight will be a massive 3 day update, I had my Ex check on it for me while I was gone, She took screenies also for me to go by an dactually followed my instructions heh.
    So tonight will be the update and changes if any to my chicken.

    Leave a comment:


  • Taskmage
    replied
    Re: Triels Blue Palfrey Experiment:Ongoing

    Food definately does make a difference when used consistently. I fed my second chocobo on a strict diet of carrot paste as a chick and she had substandard endurance before she became and adolecent. I'm sure it was the food itself that raised the stat too, since I checked her, fed her, and checked her again without doing any other care. First check was poor across the board, second showed substandard endurance.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X