Chocobos: Personality=Breed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocobos: Personality=Breed?

My chocobo developed a personality on day five (one day after hatching).

It is rather ill-tempered, making it ideal for military use.
    I think this means it is a Destrier, but not neccessarily black. Has anyone else's chocobo developed a personality yet.

Note: My chocobo is a male born from a faintly warm egg and raised in San d'Oria.
    Attached Files
    I'll be your best friend, if you give me your soul.
    ~Krondorn, Dark-Blue Mage-Knight of Phoenix.

Happily married to Kirachan since June 3, 2005.

Re: Chocobos: Personality=Breed?

i also used a faintly warm egg.
    i 'planted' mine at the Bastok Stables and got a male.

i also got the comment about him being ill-tempered and suited for military use.

Comment

Are you both perhaps breeding for strength? Strength would be important for military use since it would need to carry armor in addition to a rider.

The NPC chocobo stable boy said:
      The chocobo’s temperament is determined when it is just a chick. Its temperament and attributes are somehow related, but I’m not really sure how.
      They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I haven't got anything like that yet, but it's in it's sleeping bug state I'm rather concerned(sp)

Comment

i have taken mine for a few short strolls, and fed him a few helpings of Vegatable Paste.

even though the chick is 'ill-tempered', he still 'likes me a lot'

Comment

I do take mine for as many walks as I can, but all of his attributes are still poor. None of my friends' chocobos have developed personalities yet, and I bought my egg a few days after them. From what I can tell, we are all raising our chocobos similarly.
            Last edited by Krondorn; 08-29-2006, 11:17 AM. Reason: Grammar/spelling errors.
            I'll be your best friend, if you give me your soul.
            ~Krondorn, Dark-Blue Mage-Knight of Phoenix.

Happily married to Kirachan since June 3, 2005.

Comment

my chocobo has not had any problems and has made frioend with the galka breeders chocobo and I even atained a story to read to my chocobo, Im not sure how to use that.
              "Frosty Beak" was hatche from a warm egg in bastok, all attributes are currently still poor, but i supose this could have something to do with the fact I neglected to feed her until the 5th maybe even 6th day, not sure how many days I missed, but shye likes me and energy bar is at half.
              I like to feed her vegy paste because thats the easyest for a young chick to handle, and itsnot expenisve like the other grass

Intel Q6600 2.55ghz Quad Core CPU
              4 GB 5400 DDR2 RAM
              24" Asus & 22" Samsung LCDs
              Diamon Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5 PCI-E Vid Card
              2.3TB HD Space
              850w PSU
              Custom Painted Armour Case w/ 7 case fans
              2 Neon Cold Cathodes

Custom painted orange Gaming Armour rig!
              http://yfrog.com/eopicture166hj

Comment

I'm on Day 9 and it still doesn't have a personality.

What have you been feeding it?
                The last remaining evil white mage on Ramuh.
                Killing tanks since 2004

Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey
                "I can picture in my mind a world without war,
                a world without hate.
                And I can picture us attacking that world,
                because they'd never expect it."

Comment

Day 10 here, no personallity. I've given her a Sandy carrots every time to fill her so far, I'm wondering what they so "Catagory of their own" says the chocoguy.

Comment

i cant remember completley... i think it says it has no personality which means its easy to care for? is that the default for so long?

Comment

Blaez, which eggtype did you use?

Comment

I used a slightly warm egg, and I'm in the Windurst stables. My chocobo is a male, and yesterday (day 9) the trainer told me that my choco has "an enigmantic personality, making it hard to know what he is thinking."

Am I the only person so far to get that personality type? I can't figure out which breed it might be alluding to. Maybe Rounsey or Jennet?

I have been letting my choco listen to music since it was born, and I've taken it on two short walks. I check on it about 2-3 times per RL day. I've done the handkerchief quest, but unlike many people, I have not gotten the message that my chocochick 'regards me as a parent.' He just 'likes me a lot.' Also, I've only been feeding him Ghysal Greens- he hasn't been hungry hardly at all.
                        Last edited by Chveya; 09-02-2006, 08:53 PM. Reason: added info about chocobo food.
                        Nibblonian: "You are the last hope of the universe."
                        Fry: "So I really am important? How I feel when I'm drunk is correct?"
                        Nibblonian: "Yes, except the Dave Matthews Band doesn't rock."'

Sisqi ~Fairy~WHM 75
                        PLD 60 RDM 54 BLM 48

Comment

I'm willing to bet that the message about personality is just a generalization of your chocobo's stats. I've been having mine listen to music, and the trainer tells me "Your chocobo is very sensitive, making it good with people." After they disregarded the care plan (most likely a bug) and took my chocobo for a walk instead of listening to music one day, she went back to having no personality. Now that she's listened to music today, the trainer says she's sensitive again.

Comment

My chocobo had a personality around day 7 or so, but then she got sick and reverted back to having no personality to speak of

I've been alternating between walks and music because I want my choco to be happy (as silly as it sounds, she's mine and I'll raise her how I want to! ) and still got a personality (I can't remember what it was though). I'll have to see if she gets one again after some more care post-illness.

Comment

Originally posted by klvino View Post
                              Blaez, which eggtype did you use?
                              Faintly warm to the touch

I believe. I wanted to one that sounded the most pathetic.

FTW - personality is now ill tempered on day 14

Comment

Working...
                              X