Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: True Alchemy Guide 0-87

Originally posted by Arkitan1 View Post
    Well normally if you raise your woodworking with this skill, you can make ice arrows to sell, duh

I really wish you would get the hell off of the "wax sword" crap, I was just using that as an old example.

I have 4 skills 60+ so im just going off of my own experience and this guide is not for the dumbass who decides to buy the ingredients but it is for the crafter that farms their ingredients.

I never said I was a gilseller, I said I wanted to be 6-7 years ago when it was worth it, it isnt now, sorry.

As for my last alchemy levels, as soon as I map it out, Ill revise, Im intending on crafting every item in alchemy eventually and need to raise the other crafts to 60 before I can do that.

Oh, and for our dear friend, "Sabaron", please go $%&$* off, dumbass.

Thank you,

Ark

You're welcome.

Comment

You know, if you can make a profit skilling up with a given recipe by buying ingredients ... why WOULDN'T you?

As for the rest, I don't know that I can call you anything worse than what you've already described yourself as ... at this point, nobody takes you terribly seriously.

Comment

I have 4 skills 60+ so im just going off of my own experience and this guide is not for the dumbass who decides to buy the ingredients but it is for the crafter that farms their ingredients.
        In that case this guide is even worse if you're expecting people to farm up every single ingredient. I don't have anything against people farming up their ingredients where they can for their skillups, it's what I recommend people do. However you have to be smart about it and choose your skillup synths carefully. For example, your Blinding Potion > Blind Bolt Heads is foolish. The items take too long to obtain through farming and frankly the total cost in time and money is too much to make a Blinding Potion and then use it in another skillup synth.

Comments are two of the synths in particular:

9-11/12
        Poison Dust Alchemy (11) (12)
        Lightning Crystal + Giant Stinger (11)
        Lightning Crystal + Yellow Globe (12)
        Giant Stingers from bees, globes can be fished or bought, very cheap
        Bees rarely drop a Giant Stinger, it will take a long time to acquire the needed amounts even with TH. Yellow Globes can rarely be bought, they are not restocked in any of the shops. They will only be there if players have sold the fish to the shop.

31-38
        Bronze Bullet (38) Smithing (13)
        Fire Crystal + Bronze Ingot x1 + Firesand x1
        Bronze Ingots can be bought for near nothing at guild as mentioned before, and firesand can be bought at the guild or crafted
        You neglected to mention that one piece of Firesand can be bought from the guild for a minimum of 3,360, thus being better to make your own or use another synth.

You neglect....... 9 to 10 up to level 40 alone that are easily farmed alternatives that are either far easier to obtain than what you have listed, or else actually have a chance of selling, or at least NPC well.

To be fair, the last 5 synths look pretty decent and probably what I'd do, although you do neglect to mention a few alternatives. But with a few exceptions, just about everything pre 61 you have needs to be reworked. There are better skillup synths in the 0-61 range.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

After I saw this post:

And yet no praise for my hard ass work! =/
          I really could've cared less if any of the syntheses were appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
            Bees rarely drop a Giant Stinger, it will take a long time to acquire the needed amounts even with TH. Yellow Globes can rarely be bought, they are not restocked in any of the shops. They will only be there if players have sold the fish to the shop.
            So true. I would farm alot of bees for honey/beehive chips so i could make echo drops and I know for a fact that I'd get about 6 stacks of beehive chips and 2-3 stacks of honey and maybe 1-2 Giant Stingers. They are extremely rare and that was with TH1.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------
            "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
            "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
            Originally posted by Solymir
            What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
              After I saw this post:

I really could've cared less if any of the syntheses were appropriate.
              Yeah, when I saw the whole "praise me" bit I kinda just started laughing.

If your guide is good, you don't have to beat people over the head with it.

Comment

Yeah, you all think my guide is crap.....yet, Ive had like 10+ apprentices, so I think I know WTF im doing!

Thank you,

Ark

Comment

Yeah, you all think my guide is crap.....yet, Ive had like 10+ apprentices, so I think I know WTF im doing!
                  So, basically you gave 10+ probably clueless apprentices crappy advice.

Sorry to say but you do not know what you are doing.

Let's put it this way.

I know a fellow who was big time into cooking, and taught alot of people how to get started into it, yet his advice for the most part was bad. For instance one of his recommendations was to make honey via the beehive chip recipe for skillups. Now I'm sure anyone here will be able to recognize just how bad that advice is without my explaining it.

This guide is much like that fellows advice, and alot of people have pointed it out to you. Might do well to listen to their advice.

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Vyuru View Post
                    Now I'm sure anyone here will be able to recognize just how bad that advice is without my explaining it.
                    Except the OP, of course, what with being a clueless RMT and all.

Originally posted by Armando
                    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
                    Originally posted by Armando
                    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
                    Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
                      Except the OP, of course, what with being a clueless RMT and all.

In all fairness, he was never an actual RMT. He's a wanna-be!
                      Lyonheart
                      lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                      Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                      Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                      Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                      Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                      Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                      Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Apparently all of you, save LyonheartLakshmi, have their thumbs so far lodged up their asses.

This guide is not for the dumbass who buys their ingredients but farms them.

Am I the only one that can possibly do this or at the very least figure it out?

Thats why my apprentices and I have been able to utilize this and actually make some money on it.

Most of the crafts youve all suggested dont make any money at all and most dont stack!

Unstackable crafts just arent worth the time to craft.

Ark

Comment

Apparently all of you, save LyonheartLakshmi, have their thumbs so far lodged up their asses.
                          What me and my thumb do in the privacy of my own home is none of your business.

This guide is not for the dumbass who buys their ingredients but farms them.

Am I the only one that can possibly do this or at the very least figure it out?
                          Yes, you are in fact the smartest guy in the room. Don't worry, your position is secure as everything you say is absolutely correct 100% of the time. It's not your fault you have trouble making gil doing Alchemy, it's the economy's fault. That is quite a certainty. My money obviously came from being lucky.

Thats why my apprentices and I have been able to utilize this and actually make some money on it.
                          I'm sorry... If I recall correctly, it was you who was complaining about not being able to make money off of Alchemy, not me... I didn't use any of your crappy recipes, bought most of my reagents (except the rarer ones) off the AH, and made money all the way from 0-100 even if there may have been some select opportunity costs on the way.

Unstackable crafts just arent worth the time to craft.
                          Well then, it's a good thing you didn't try Smithing or Goldsmithing. You can't go anywhere without finding unstackable items... God damned Mythril Picks and Reraise Earrings...

Comment

Originally posted by Sabaron View Post
                            What me and my thumb do in the privacy of my own home is none of your business.

And thank god and SE for no webcam for FFXI!

Yes, you are in fact the smartest guy in the room. Don't worry, your position is secure as everything you say is absolutely correct 100% of the time. It's not your fault you have trouble making gil doing Alchemy, it's the economy's fault. That is quite a certainty. My money obviously came from being lucky.

And if the gilsellers were still on, the FFXI economy wouldntve dwindled so much.

Havent you noticed that after SE banned the gilsellers, the economy went to shit?

I'm sorry... If I recall correctly, it was you who was complaining about not being able to make money off of Alchemy, not me... I didn't use any of your crappy recipes, bought most of my reagents (except the rarer ones) off the AH, and made money all the way from 0-100 even if there may have been some select opportunity costs on the way.

This is in reference to before the gilsellers were banned. I still make a considerable amount, just not as much as I used to.

Well then, it's a good thing you didn't try Smithing or Goldsmithing. You can't go anywhere without finding unstackable items... God damned Mythril Picks and Reraise Earrings...
                            Im currently working on a goldsmithing guide that includes many other crafts to raise while doing goldsmithing.

I usually raise it with a mule farming and crafting so I dont have to do it with the same character.

Ark

Comment

This guide isnt cost efficient >.<

EDIT:

And I love how you think that LyonheartLakshmi has any respect for you XD

Comment

Sorry, I'm such a noob...but what is the purpose of the numbers in brackets in the list?
                                Life is good, Final Fantasy is better...

Silverlance on Leviathan (Hume MNK)

Comment

Working...
                                X