Easiest craft to 68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easiest craft to 68

So i decided to take on Alchemy to make some gil. Started out with a bank roll of 2 mil.

Easiest path to 68

0-6>>Tsurara
    6-10>>Deoderizor
    10-12>>Poison Dust
    12-16>>Mercury
    16-18>>Poison Potion
    18-20>>Echo Drops
    20-28>>Sairui-ran
    28-30>>Eye Drops
    30-34>> Artificial Lens
    34-40>>Potion
    40-43>>Vitriol
    43-51>>Holy Water
    51-56>>Cermet Chunk
    56-61>>>Porcelin Pot
    61-62>>Venom Dust
    62-68>>Venom Potion <can also cap at 70>

I found that this was the easiest route to 70 for alchemy. I stopped at this lvl so i could get my apron and other guild items. Almost every item can be purchased at the guild or other NPC vendors in Bastok or Sandoria.

I was amazed on how many skillups per synth i had. Also i rarley used synth support...only time i used it was when i started crafting Tsurara. Total time spent crafting>>4 days about 10 hours a day.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: Easiest craft to 68

Were Cermet Chunks and Porcelain Pots profit recipes for you? I took Alchemy up to 60 on my mule, and I think I did Hi-Potions from 51 to 60.

Also, unless Vitriol is fast selling profit, I'd suggest starting Holy Water as early as 41. 10 level gap with image support might be a lot of breaks early on, but this recipe is so cheap. If this recipe didn't use Light Crystals, it would probably be the cheapest recipe in the game hands down.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
      Were Cermet Chunks and Porcelain Pots profit recipes for you? I took Alchemy up to 60 on my mule, and I think I did Hi-Potions from 51 to 60.

Also, unless Vitriol is fast selling profit, I'd suggest starting Holy Water as early as 41. 10 level gap with image support might be a lot of breaks early on, but this recipe is so cheap. If this recipe didn't use Light Crystals, it would probably be the cheapest recipe in the game hands down.
      Cermet chunks yes I did come out with a good profit on those, either there was some 90+ alchies skillin up on Espadons or just a surge of paladins...i dunno but they sold fast too. Porcelin pots...not so much i used them in maxing out my earth element in my mog house for my mules to continue to grow ele ores. With any left over i either sold on AH or NPC is i was lazy...lol small profit made on Porc pots...

Comment

Do you buy Venom dust or do you farm scorpions?

Comment

Originally posted by raidenn View Post
          Do you buy Venom dust or do you farm scorpions?
          ?? I usually make my own and save it...use what you made from lvls 61-62.

It uses x2 ogre eels and a lightning crystal.

Comment

I only find 1 stack of ogre eels usually.
            I got to 62 by farming Scorp claws in Shakrami.

Comment

Looks about right, well done, although I personally didnt skillup on Cermet or Porcelin pots (I cant remember, actually).
              Standablaze
              Server: Ramuh
              Jobs: Dark Knight, Red Mage
              Level: Not stated, because I can't be bothered updating 5 signatures when I level. Lets say mid levels.

英語ができますか

Comment

Holy Water isn't all that cheap; when I was in that range a stack of Light Crystals sold for a bit more than a stack of Holy Water. By contrast, Water Crystals are dirt cheap and Treant Bulbs are cheaper. Vitriol does sell, but I'd recommend hanging on to the Vitriol and skilling on Acid Bolt Heads. Then again, I have a Woodworking char who turns those heads into an unlimited supply of Acid Bolts for my {Marskmanship} RNG and THF jobs. I still have over a stack of quivers stowed away from this range of skillup. Between this and the supply of Blind Bolt Heads from lower levels, I haven't had to buy status bolts in some time. I'm looking forward to Sleep Bolt Heads as well since Sleep Bolts have good solo potential against the likes of worms (already soloed my RNG past a troublesome level on Qufim worms this way).

Yes, the bolt head synths can be a little bit of a pain, but you should be able to HQ Animal Glue by this point. The Bronze Ingots can be made without much trouble by camping the Smithing Guild for ores; Tin is rarely over 30 gil and I've never seen Copper exceed double digits.
                Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                Clothcraft 24
                Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

I followed your route somewhat up until lvl 20 where I started doing Eye Drops until I got to 30. I'm at 38 now, gonna do Vitriol until 43 and then Holy Waters to 51. The good news is, I noticed on my server yesterday that Light Crystals are down to 2k, I was in shock saying that back when i bought my first stack of Light Crystals to make a Goldfish Bowl they were 9k. I also found a good moneymaker for people that do woodworking as well and possibly have the Field/Worker gear. I go to ghelsba outpost and farm Elm logs, yesterday i went out and farmed 4 in about 45 mins. I bought some Moko Grass (1k a stack) from the AH and some distilled water (11g each) and made 4 stacks of bast parchment. These sold for 8k each at the AH in about 1 hour and 45 mins. Also with the Field Tunica/Hose and Worker Gloves/Boots, I only lost about 4 hatchets.
                  {New Sig in the works}
                  -----------------------
                  "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                  "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                  Originally posted by Solymir
                  What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I'm glad people are using my guide! also a lil tip...that is to chill out buy BCNM Burning Circles I crafted a crap load of x-pots, ethers and elixers and some yag drinks and put'em up in my bazaar sold like hot cakes to people who were repeating BCNMs....Also a good way to get some crafting contracting...

Comment

Originally posted by Malevolent View Post
                      I'm glad people are using my guide! also a lil tip...that is to chill out buy BCNM Burning Circles I crafted a crap load of x-pots, ethers and elixers and some yag drinks and put'em up in my bazaar sold like hot cakes to people who were repeating BCNMs....Also a good way to get some crafting contracting...
                      That's a good idea, it reminds me of this mule that used to be in the dunes everyday. He would sell stacks of meatmithkebobs in front of the entrance to Selbina. I assume that he would make a good amount of gil doing that saying alot of people need them there.

Update: I did Vitriol until i was lvl 41 and then i started doing Holy Waters until i reached 50 last night. I had quite a few breaks, but i realized that with the price of light crystals being 2k in bastok, i could make a stack and npc them for 4.1k. So basically i made 2k with each stack I made.
                      Last edited by Durahansolo; 03-27-2007, 06:20 AM.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
                      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
                      Originally posted by Solymir
                      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

Maybe it's different on other servers, but the Holy Water recipe is so good it's almost unbalanced on Midgardsormr. Light Crystals average around 2k, keeping an eye on all four AHs will net you a dozen or so stacks or clusters for 1k-1k5 per week.

Sold to a vendor, Holy Water goes for 357g per and you can sell 15 per day to the Alchemy guild for 393g per. Your worst case scenario straight vendoring them (assuming max fame of course) is 4284g per stack. Just to be precise, the Distilled Water adds 120g per stack to your cost.

The downside is i've noticed a growing number of "people" (probably botters) making Holy Water pretty much 24 hours a day. It seems to be becoming a favourite of RMTs (for obvious reasons) and I wouldn't be shocked to see it nerfed at some point. 4300g-4700g per stack to a vendor is fine when Light Crystals are 4-5k a stack (or higher back in the day) but now it's one of the top profit synths any craft has to offer.

Comment

Working...
                        X