Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HQ at level 10?

Hello All,

So I'm slowly going through Clothcraft. Yesterday I was level 9, on my way to 11 via Hachimaki. I got 10 and went to Windy to release the cap with a cape. While there, I got some advanced support and started making more. Wouldn't you know it, I HQed 2 out of the next 15 it took me to get to 11. I was told that you had to be a certain level to HQ something. Some said 20, others said 28. Well, I'm proof that you can HQ something at level 11 while at level 10. Any comments on HQing stuff?

Thanks,

Evion
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Re: HQ at level 10?

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/High_Quality_Synth
    Wii Number - 2810 2423 4673 3261 - Please PM me if you add me!
    How to ask smart questions: catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Boom! (On SCH75/RDM)

Comment

Well... I was hoping that some people could share some HQ experiences with me so I could learn some things first hand. FFXI Encyclopedia is nice with percentages and all, but we all know how wrong they can be. Especially drop rates and HQ percentages...

Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

It's random, it's just being various milestones above the cap starts changing the odds in your favor.

Oh, and those percentages for HQ and Drops are correct for things that have been in the game for a while. Most people thinking they are wrong do not understand probabilities.
        I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Thanks Mhurron, you're probably right. Although, I know many people that didn't get a drop on 10 tries when it was supposedly 1/5..

Comment

Originally posted by Evion View Post
            Although, I know many people that didn't get a drop on 10 tries when it was supposedly 1/5..
            You would be one of the people that don't understand probabilities.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Thanks Mhurron, you're probably right. Although, I know many people that didn't get a drop on 10 tries when it was supposedly 1/5..
              Just as many people went 1/1 or 1/2... it all evens out in the end. In my opinion though, drop rate percentages just give a general idea as to how high you should get your hopes up before they get shattered.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

There's slightly better than a 1 in 10 chance of that happening, actually ... the chance that you won't get the drop is 4/5, so the chance you won't get it 10 times in a row is (4/5)^10. (4/5)^3 is close enough to .5 for demonstration purposes (it's .512), so (4/5)^10 is about .5*.5*.5*(4/5) = .125 * 4/5 = .1

Now, after 10 tries, you might feel it owes you, but the game doesn't pay the least bit of attention to what came before in this context...

Comment

Regarding the HQ at level 10 on a level 11 synth, I guarantee it was synthed on a day opposed to the crystal. There is a very, very small chance (~1%) of HQ on any synth when you synth on a day which is strong against the synth element (Windsday for an Earth synth, for instance).

I'm not sure if weather affects this as well; it might. I haven't tested it enough to find out for sure.

Icemage

Comment

Anything's possible when crafting although the chances are very slim with some occurances. I HQed my very first cooking synth when I was at skill 0 - Roasted Corn I think it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuriko View Post
                      There's slightly better than a 1 in 10 chance of that happening, actually ... the chance that you won't get the drop is 4/5, so the chance you won't get it 10 times in a row is (4/5)^10. (4/5)^3 is close enough to .5 for demonstration purposes (it's .512), so (4/5)^10 is about .5*.5*.5*(4/5) = .125 * 4/5 = .1

Now, after 10 tries, you might feel it owes you, but the game doesn't pay the least bit of attention to what came before in this context...
                      Sometimes though I iwsh it did...
                      Originally posted by Ellipses
                      Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
                      Originally posted by MCLV
                      A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
                      More Sig:

Comment

Originally posted by eticket109 View Post
                        Just as many people went 1/1 or 1/2... it all evens out in the end. In my opinion though, drop rate percentages just give a general idea as to how high you should get your hopes up before they get shattered.
                        Good way to look at it. In my LS, my bad luck as concerns FFXI is a common theme. For instance, for Sandoria Mission 1-1 you need to get an Orcish Axe. The person that got me playing the game (and subsequently helped me through most of the early missions) told me that Orcish Axe's drop "like water", and that it would take us "10 minutes" to get an axe.

2 or 3 hours (and prolly 50+ Orcish Fodders) later we finally got one...

I think the game just doesn't like me. I know it's categorically impossible, but one does get a gut feeling when it's a constant thing. Don't even get me started on how many times I killed Ashmaker going for my Priest's Robe, and whereas most people can bang out their Kazham keys in a couple hours (with help, of course), in my case it was a weekend long affair. Gotta love it ^^
                        I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                        -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                        http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

I once killed Leaping Lizzy 20 times in a row with no drop.

Fun times. But yeah. Sometimes it happens. And let's be honest: we often remember those "omg this is bs I should've gotten this hours ago" moments more than those "lol got it on my first drop? ok cool let's get out of here" moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                            I once killed Leaping Lizzy 20 times in a row with no drop.

Fun times. But yeah. Sometimes it happens. And let's be honest: we often remember those "omg this is bs I should've gotten this hours ago" moments more than those "lol got it on my first drop? ok cool let's get out of here" moments.
                            That's true. It's frustrating as all hell sometimes, but then again, for every person like me with crappy luck there's someone with pretty good luck out there. I took a new LS member out recently on a key run myself, and we got all 3 in like 2 hours. At least I didn't have to waste a weekend doing it a second time ^^

Gonna need to work on getting a brown belt at some point (dont wanna spend the gil)...I shudder to think how bad that's going to be...
                            I'm a slow motion accident, lost in coffee rings and fingerprints...
                            -Frou Frou, "Hear Me Out"

Check out my blog! =>
                            http://deuceffxi.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                            X