That one site with the charts and stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That one site with the charts and stuff

I've been out of the game for a while and I forgot this one site. It had like a chart with one row being the days and one row being the crafts.

It told us when would be high success or high quality etc. on these charts.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry I can't give more details but it's been a long time.

Re: That one site with the charts and stuff

Do you mean lokyst's FFXI Crafting Timer?
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

No, it was a bit more simplier than that. But thanks for the try and fast reply!

Comment

You might mean the Day/Crystal correlation chart. It's not specific to any crafts, but rather to crystals.
        Kindadarii (Bahamut)
        90PUP / 90SMN / 90BRD / 90WHM / 59DNC
        70.3 + 2 Woodworking
        52.2 Synergy

Breeding Chocobos? Visit Chocobreeder.com to find chocobos in your area!

Comment

Not that either, it's close, but the one I have in mind had pictures. Thanks for trying!

I searched around and I think it might be http://www.azuredragons.net/modules....crafting_guide
          But that site is down....

Does anyone have like saved pictures or a screenshot of that site so I can see if that is the correct one?
          Last edited by Jrgsubzero; 06-06-2007, 11:19 AM.

Comment

JRG,

If the one you are thinking of is the same one I use, with green and yellow and red boxes on it, the site that hosted it has shut down.. I lost one page of my print out and went I went back to print it out it was dead..

Comment

Darn =/

Comment

This is what I use most of the time when I do my crafting. I doubt is what you're looking for though.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Image:SynthingCompass.jpg

Comment

JRG, my roommate found another site hosting the charts I use which me thinks is what you are looking for, I'll post it tonight when I get home..

Comment

http://ffxi.asmoranomar.com/uploads/synth/ that one has what you need me thinks

Comment

WOAH.....You guys still use this? lol

Comment

I wrote this sometime last year on a thread in my ls forum. It explains how to draw your own elemental charts. It's easier to remember when you do it yourself. This is obviously part two, touching on the eight directions.

Part Deux: The Weaknesses and the Compass. Oh, yeah, and the Order of Days.
                        This is going to be shorter. Or, not.

The elements aren't just there for decoration. Just about everyone knows the weaknesses attributed to each element vs. another. Keeping the chart around will remind you until you have it memorized. The strengths move clockwise against the weak. Making your spokes into a wheel.

The odd thing about this game from some other Final Fantasy titles (especially X) is that, other than the Light and Dark elements, there are no directly opposed elemental strengths. For example, in FFX, Ice and Fire could be used against each other. In FFXI, you need Water against Fire, and that's it. Fire is weak against Water, and that's it. Using Fire on a Water weak enemy will get you nowhere unless it's somehow weak to Fire as well. It gets more complicated than that, however, when you realize that Fire is Light, and Water is Darkness. I won't go into that here.

Cutting to the chase:

Earth is strong against
                        Thunder is strong against
                        Water is strong against
                        Fire is strong against
                        Ice is strong against
                        Wind is strong against
                        Earth is strong against

...And back again.

Easy enough. As I wrote earlier, Light and Dark are directly opposed. Light is weakened by Darkness. Darkness is Weakened by Light. Dark is strong against itself, Light is strong against itself.

The Elemental Compass is just like the Elemental Wheel, except it's not. It's mostly used for crafting, but I'm sure it could be used in battle to some unknown effect that makes it not worth the trouble of noting.

At first glance, the compass was like two squares, or an x and a cross; but it's a square cut by a cross.

First, you have your square. The points represent directions used to represent the Basic Light Elements. The top line is the 2SC Fusion. Fire on the Left, Light on the Right. The bottom line is the 2SC Fragmentation. Thunder on the Left, Wind on the right. So:

NW: Fire
                        NE: Light
                        SW: Thunder
                        SE: Wind

Neat. The Light elements are all modified directions. Coincidence? I think not! Well, I guess it has to turn out that way or the other. Yeah.

Next is Darkness, a cross. A line from top (North) to bottom (South) representing the 2SC Gravitation. Remember how Earth is the point down on the Elemental Wheel? Yeah, here too. Dark is at the top. Crossing that from West to East is Distortion. Water to the West, Ice to the East. So:

N: Darkness
                        S: Earth
                        W: Water
                        E: Ice

All the Dark elements are solid directions.

There's your compass. A few notes:

The end result, simply from drawing the 2SC lines creates a Japanese Character that I can't put my finger on. It might be "four," but I'm not sure.

The six-pointed star of the Elemental Wheel is interrupted by Dark and Light to make eight points. Earth is the only element in it's original place. All the others are shifted, but not really moved, as clockwise from earth is Thunder, and so on. Until you reach Fire, which must skip over the interrupting elements until you get to Ice.

Most crafters use this as a way to improve their Quality or Skill Up. I've noticed the increase in Skill Ups by facing the strong element to the crystal used, i.e. facing East(Ice) to skill up with Wind-produced items. This will increase failure rate. In my case it has. For Success Rate, facing the elemental's home direction is what I would do. I'm no high-level crafter, but this would be the logical conclusion to me. I haven't noticed any difference in facing what the element is strong against. I never do it, anyhow. This is all my opinion, so I'm sure I'll be "corrected."

On that note, there are as many Moon phases as there are elements:

New
                        Waxing Crescent
                        First Quarter
                        Waxing Gibbous
                        Full
                        Waning Gibbous
                        Last Quarter
                        Waning Crescent

Finally, the days. They seem in random order. The Japanese use elemental names for their weekdays.

Fire is the start of the week, then:
                        Earth
                        Water
                        Wind
                        Ice
                        Thunder
                        Light
                        Dark

That's it for now.

I just noticed, every two days there is a skillchain connection. Starting with Water. Or Light, if you start on the "weekend." Far out.

Comment

Working...
                        X