Crafting while Invisible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crafting while Invisible

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I found out that crafting while invisible can be done. I did some mining in Newton Movalpolos to see if danger vs. reward is worth going there over Oldton (it isn't, imo). I'd mine a spot, invis up, and run to a safe place to craft/desynth if needed. Multiple times, invis would still be up through the synth and I was able to carry it to the next mining spot. I didn't test it, but I'd imagine that it works with sneak, too.

Just a little tidbit that may be useful to some people.
    Haggai

i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
    I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.

Re: Crafting while Invisible

Oooh, it probably looks cool to other people. At least, I'm hoping the crafting animation is still displayed while your body remains invisible to others.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Just makesure no one cast anything on you, a magic happy whitemage decided to cast protectra 2 on everyone in crawlers nest while I had protect 2 up still and was crafting juices. i lsot the 2 pineapples and water crystal as it stopped the crafting. you can imagine my response when i lost the items!!! I drilled it into the whm that I can buff myself and if they see anyone crafting usefull materials i.e. juice to keep my mp up so I can cure more meaning I wont be a major leach on his mp (I am lvl 37 pld), then don't cast wait then anounce your casting!! I was later told he had been pl'd all the way up by a ls collegue. it showed... will try this invis crafting.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarre View Post
        Just makesure no one cast anything on you, a magic happy whitemage decided to cast protectra 2 on everyone in crawlers nest while I had protect 2 up still and was crafting juices. i lsot the 2 pineapples and water crystal as it stopped the crafting. you can imagine my response when i lost the items!!! I drilled it into the whm that I can buff myself and if they see anyone crafting usefull materials i.e. juice to keep my mp up so I can cure more meaning I wont be a major leach on his mp (I am lvl 37 pld), then don't cast wait then anounce your casting!! I was later told he had been pl'd all the way up by a ls collegue. it showed... will try this invis crafting.
        This doesn't happen anymore ^^

I used to cast cure on the people who decide it's cool to synth in jeuno near AH and MH.

But now you can't target them, and area spells like protectra, etc, wont hit them.

Interesting fact, but if you start a synth while someone is casting Escape, Teleports, etc...you wont go with them when they leave ^^
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X