[patch 1.23a] Patch 1.23a Notes
[patch 1.23a] Patch 1.23a NotesEvent
- [dev1001][dev1002] The following sidequests have been added:
* The sidequest "Living on a Prayer" will become available upon completing the quest "To Kill a Raven."
Quest Name Quest NPC NPC Location Living on a Prayer Louisoix Gridania (6,2) Monster of Maw Most Massive Dural Tharal Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,3) The Raven, Nevermore Serpent Private Dauremant Gridania Landing (6,6) Mysteries of the Red Moon Kopuru Fupuru Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,5) Prophecy Inspection - Any of the following:
The Hourglass (Ul’dah)
The Roost (Gridania)
The Mizzenmast Inn (Limsa Lominsa)
* The sidequest "The Raven, Nevermore" will be triggered upon completion of "Living on a Prayer. "
* Please note the following conditions for triggering the sidequests "Mysteries of the Red Moon" and "Prophecy Inspection":
- "Mysteries of the Red Moon" will be triggered upon completion of the sidequest "Private Eyes."
- "Prophecy Inspection" will be triggered by players in possession of the item "unsealed memorandum." Once the item has been obtained, players will need to log out from an inn room, and log back in after a certain amount of time has passed.
* The item "unsealed memorandum" is needed for the sidequest "Prophecy Inspection." Players who accidentally dispose of the memorandum may obtain another by speaking to one of the innkeeps.
Players can enter their inn rooms by speaking with one of the following innkeeper NPCs.
Inn Innkeep Location The Hourglass Kopuru Fupuru Ul'dah Merchant Strip (6,5) The Roost V'korolon Gridania (6,6) The Mizzenmast Inn Mytesyn Limsa Lominsa Upper Decks (7,5)
- [dev1475] New battles against Nael van Darnus entitled "Rivenroad" and "Rivenroad (Hard) " have been added.These battles become available after completing the quest "Living on a Prayer."
*This battle content presents some contradictions when played alongside the main story, as events following the battles are the same as those experienced during the quest "To Kill a Raven." Please note that these battles do not have to be completed to advance the story. "Rivenroad (Hard)" is currently the most punishing battle available in FINAL FANTASY XIV, and we intend for players to enjoy this as a special challenge after completing the main story.
* "The Raven, Nevermore" is a repeatable quest. Please note, however, that the quest reward can only be obtained the first time round.
Rivenroad (Hard) Class & Level Requirements Disciples of War or Magic level 45 and above Party Size Requirements 8 members Party Member Requirements All party members must be Disciples of War or Magic level 45 or above Time Limit 30 minutes Cooldown Before Reentry (following a victory) 15 minutes Cooldown Before Reentry (following a defeat) 5 minutes Quest Names The Raven, Nevermore Quest Requirements Completed the sidequest "Living on a Prayer."
* Completing the sidequest "Living on a Prayer" unlocks both "Rivenroad" and "Rivenroad (Hard)" repeatable battles. Please note, however, that no further reward will be issued for completing the former.
- [dev1476] Atomos will appear in the following areas:
- Brittlebark, Mor Dhona
- Revenant’s Toll, Mor Dhona
- Ever Lakes, Coerthas Central Lowlands
- Glory, Coerthas Central Lowlands
- Bluefog, Northern Thanalan
- [dev1477] The location and/or dialogue of certain NPCs have been adjusted.
- [dev1478] Coinciding with the end of goobbue mount distribution, the wandering minstrel will no longer be found in Eastern La Noscea (36,25).
- [dev1479] New monsters have been added.
- [dev1480] Enemy placement in the following areas has been adjusted:
- Dragonhead, Coerthas Central Highlands
- Iron Lake, Upper La Noscea
- [dev1481] New items have been added.
Item Type Description Over-aspected Crystal Panacea A crystalline manifestation of aetheric energy exhibiting an extreme elemental charge. When released, the energy will enhance the physical and mental capabilities of those in contact with the item. Lunar Curtain Panacea Unaspected crystals ground into a fine powder that when cast in the air, form a magical barrier by means of absorbing free-roaming aetherial particles and concentrating them in a single point. Dalamud Horn Crown Required Level: 50／Suits: All Classes White Ravens Earrings Required Level: 50／Suits: All Classes Manderville Earrings Earrings Required Level: 20／Suits: All Classes Byregot's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Rhalgr's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Llymlaen's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Azeyma's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Althyk's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Menphina's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Nophica's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Nald'thal's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Nymeia's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Oschon's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Thaliak's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Halone's Ring Ring Optimal Level: 1／Suits: All Classes Unsealed Memorandum Miscellany Upon this rolled slip of parchment is scrawled the seventh verse of Mezaya Thousand Eyes's Divine Chronicles. Deaspected Cluster Crystal This translucent crystal cluster seems to have been completely drained of its elemental aspect.
- [dev1482] New recipes have been added.
Item Material Crystal Lunar Curtain Deaspected Cluster Water Crystal x1
Lightning Crystal x1
Lunar Curtain(x4) Deaspected Cluster
Water Crystal x4
Lightning Crystal x4
- [dev1483] New weather conditions have been added.
- The following issues have been resolved:
- An issue wherein Nael van Darnus would use "Fierce Ravensbeak" outside of predetermined conditions.
- An issue wherein the instanced battle in the quest "How to Quit You" would end abruptly after commencement.
- An issue within Thornmarch wherein defeating an enemy with a weaponskill that afflicts Stun would cause that enemy to remain.
- An issue with the faction leve "Wanted: The Maskmaker" wherein wolves would spawn even when the battle against V'dhoramo had not been triggered.
- An issue wherein the combo effect would fail to trigger if the first blow of a multistrike weaponskill misses the target.
- An issue wherein players with Walking Mode switched to "Walk" would still be detected by sound-sensitive enemies.
- An issue with Skirmish wherein players who leave the party could not be invited to join again.
- An issue with the Recruit feature wherein, under certain conditions, recruitment would not end automatically even if party numbers had been filled.
- An issue wherein Dalamud was not displaying properly in certain areas.
- An issue wherein players could not move forward in certain areas.
- An issue wherein certain NPC messages were incorrect.
- An issue wherein certain vendor NPC dialog was incorrect.
- An issue wherein certain system messages were incorrect.
- An issue wherein screenshots could be taken at the title screen, the character selections screen, and so forth.
- An issue with the quest "Prophecy Inspection” wherein the quest item "Bomb Bane" does not appear in the journal.
So there we have it, White Ravens from the god damned hard version of Nael it would seem... lovely. Thanks for the troll Yoshi. Guess I'm off to flail helplessly against a fight I'll never win.