Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't see SE doing another one of these for the US.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see SE doing another one of these for the US.

Here's why:

People don't dedicate themselves. Many, many people say "I'll definately show and kick some ass." But then they don't show.

Example, my team went yesterday. Guess how many people actually showed up on my team? 3. We did manage to get someone else on one of the people that didn't show's account (I guess that person couldn't get on for legit reasons). But still, 4 vs 6. Ya right...

And also, the people they went against last time, the entire team didn't show up!

I'm sure this happens all over...

Side note- I will give the team I went against credit that they were very good, so this isn't a bash against them or anything.

My ex-team: Finalheaven.
    Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
    Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
    Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
    Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
    Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Re: I don't see SE doing another one of these for the US.

Another advantage on being on a HNM LS team, lol. Sometimes stuff happens. Like, my team leader's computer blew up. I am sure it will be better next year.

Comment

A jp team entered on our server but we took em out in the 2nd heat

Comment

Yeah seems like Ragnarok had a lot of missmatches number wise. We wernt' so fortunate as we went up against a team of 6, we had 6 as well though And managed to win. But every match last night aside from ours had uneven teams. I don't think this is any reason not to hold it again though just because some teams couldn't get the full 6 there.

Comment

maybe allow for like 3 alternates so if people have work or a HNM event they could still do ballista royale. i think the lack of alternates makes it rough on the NA community.
          Thom @ Lakshmi server -> 70WHM/75PLD/75SMN
          Shall Shell / The Ultimates / FatesHand All Right!

Comment

Get a load of this story from Seraph. The most feard team in seraph "Gallion" where every member had merrit points, was the most feared to be up agenst. My team finds out thet actually "loose" on thier first match. This shocked us so we decided to find out way. Seems "Gallion" is a ENM ls, thier biggist downfall was that every single member was doing a ENM when they should have been in the royale. The part that hurt most was that the team they we're fighting? only 4 of them showed, one of them being a 45 warrior, and another a 57 whm. Sucks dont it? And by the way, on 10/22/ we beat that same team 37 - 0, was "Too Weak"

Comment

Has it occured that the limited restrictions for the team and such were intentional? Like a Race vehicles are not just passed through some 10 Laps or so, they go through like 256 laps. Part of the reason is to push the vehicle to it limit so that the best is not only the driver but who built and maintains the vehicle.

So in part I think the parties lacking members was an expected and intentional design of the Ballista Royal. In the end it isn't just the player of skill who gets to the end but players with a desire to actually win at this. I mean come on the matches are held what on Saturday and/or Sunday they even give you times ahead of time with the very intention of people who dedicated to doing it could partition their time for it.

Outside of that If you look at the Ballista Royale results you can see the Preliminary Matches seems quite good on many of the servers, out of 32 servers only 3 (10%) are going have their World Champions on Oct. 29 to proceed on to the elimination rounds and then to the finals. Only 3 worlds will not do the Nov. 5 Matches to get into the elimination rounds.

This is a lot like what you'll see in Martial Arts tournaments too though. I've watched an entire dojo come to participate and not a single member do an event because someone they felt that was better did something they felt they couldn't compete against. Keep in mind to just to get there and join they had to of paid some $100 dollars, even when spending their own money and still not to participate in the event(s) they signed up for. In the end that dojo's worst enemy was themselves, I believe that's the same intention here with the way it was setup.
              Last edited by Macht; 10-27-2005, 10:04 AM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Susurrus
                I don't see SE doing another one of these for the US.
                Let's guess when the Euros will ever see this event happening for them.

Comment

ya seriously, when your going to form a team and kick some serious ass toghether at least show up. i had it once where we battled another LS clan in Junger Forest, daym only me and another guy showed up i wanted to slit my wrists...

Comment

I knew it was a matter of time before grizzle mentioned EU -.-

Go take your unionized currency and shove it!!
                    The Tao of Ren
                    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                    Originally posted by Kaeko
                    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

MUHAHHAHAHHAHAH Its offical. My team has beaten Seraph, so watch out -_^

Comment

Working...
                      X