Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STFU kthanx I don't want to hear another freaking out-of-topic comment.

As for the EBgames not listing the PS2 expan pack... it is a mess up. FFXI, like it or not, is a PS2 game first and a PC game second. Then again, PS2's shitness is the reason everyone looks alike. Whatever, I am sure this will be cleared out...

Since this topic is going down in flames anyway... can anybody that was playing pre-Zilart answer me something... The way they make the relationship between Zilart and Promithra sound... is it similar to the relation of Zilart + Normal game outside the fact you need one(normal) to play the other one(zilart)? (Trying to see if Zilart areas and stories will be at all effected by the new expan pack like the normal world was pre-Zilart).

Comment

Hopefully the expansion comes out for both at the same time so that all players can experience it from the start together.
      From what I've read from other posts the NA pc guys were hated by the Jp players from the start as well. It's the times we live in. Noone can get along, not even to play a game. I've been playin on the ps2 for about 2 months now. I've also been reading up on line since then as well. There is so much to digest on this game that sometimes it's mind boggling. And all the bashing of ps2 players that I read from post to post just makes me even more hesitant to start to pt. I've spent my time trying to lvl up each of the classes to lvl9 so that I will know more about each class and also so that I have a good start on some subs for when I finally get to lvl 18 with whatever one that I enjoyed most. Hopefully I'll be excepted by NA,JP,PC or ps2 players when I am finally ready to pt.
      Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer J. Simson

Comment

Originally posted by InuTrunks
        They are, but it will be later, they are trying to release pc and ps2 version at the same time. But the way it looks right now, it looks like pc will come out first, then a few weeks later, ps2 version will come out.
        What are you talking about Holmes? They'll be released on the same day, no question about it. If the PS2 version is taking longer to prepare (which it shouldn't, it's made for the PS2 and ported to PC ), they would delay both rather than release one earlier.
        RDM70 | BLM37 | WHM18 | BST12

Comment

they would have to come out at the same time or many problems can/would arise for people who play both pc and ps2(people like me :p) what happens if i install the expansion on my pc log off on a new zone and log on my ps2? hmm..
          problems like that would happen.
          Kaimaru - RETIRED
          San D'oria Rank 5
          DRK 46
          PLD 49 -- Current Main Job
          WAR 30 -- Current Sub Job
          DRG 24
          BST 17
          THF 12
          SAM 12
          WHM 9

Comment

Yeah well I just thought it was wierd that EB didnt even have a page for it. Even if it is still in development *HL 2 Cough*, there is a page to pre-purchase.

Oh well it'll probably be up there sometime, ill ask my EB store about it as well..
            Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

<Phalanx> <Gravity> <Dispel>
            <Dia II> <Raise> <Refresh>
            *Convert*

AF1 - COMPLETE (damn those orcs)
            AF2 - COMPLETE (bloody boots?! nasty)

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

Jroggy, I hate to tell you but it wouldn't matter if you don't buy the game, you still have to download a patch for it to see what other people have, and if you have activated the account, you will still be able to go there on the ps2

But, I know I read somepalce that it will come out on the pc first, and then on the ps2 a few weeks later. I'll look around for where I read that.

EDIT: I found it, I had mis read the information. But the way gamestop says it, it sounds like it won't be comming out at the same time:

"The team is also hoping to put out both PC and PS2 versions at the same time, if at all possible"

taken from: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/m...nt_id=A6097981
              -Baka Inu!
              Nejiko - Mithra Current: [ 70 THF / 35 NIN ]
              Basic Jobs: [ 70 THF / 20 MNK / 11 WHM / 18 BLM / 22WAR / 05 RDM]
              Advance Jobs: [ 04 BST / 37 NIN / 02 SMN / 05RNG / 07 SAM / 07 PLD / 00 DRK / 31 BRD / 00 DRG]
              Aht Jobs: [07 COR / 00 BLU / 00 PUP]

Comment

There is no question, the expansion will release on the same day for both platforms, as SE has stated numerous times that since the NAPS2 release, FFXI is now truely a multi-platform title, and that there will be no distinctions or differences between the two.

Plus, and more importantly, many seem to forget that while the ratio of PC to PS2 players here is relatively even (may even be more PC players due to the earlier release), in Japan it's quite the opposite. Upwards of 70-80% of the FFXI players in Japan are playing on their PS2's, for various reasons. Most of which are the relative disinterest in PC gaming in the country, and the much earlier release of the JPNPS2 release versus the JPNPC release.

Hence, if anything, the PS2 version will get released before the PC version, because that platform, worldwide, holds far more users than the PC.

Nevertheless, I highly doubt that as well, and I look forward to playing with any and all PC and PS2 players in the new zones come September.

Samurai: 74 --- San- Rank: 9
                Zilart: z14 --- Promathia: c1-2

AF1 [6/6] ~ AF2 [0/5]
                Shura [0/5] ~ God [1/5]
                Sky [o] ~ Moon [x]
                Tachi: Kasha [o]
                Optical Hat [o]
                Bushinomimi [o]

Comment

I am willing to bet $20 that the PC version gets released first.

By the tone of this comment from Square ...

"The team is also hoping to put out both PC and PS2 versions at the same time, if at all possible. Stay tuned for more coverage of FFXI's first retail expansion pack soon."

If at all possible.. LOL, anyone up for it? I got paypal!
                  Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

*Convert*

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

I think that's total BS if PC gets it first, what about ppl like me that had to move to the PS2 version, long story, but in short, i needed a new video card and my laptop's video card can't be upgraded (DO'H)

So I pretty much had no choice but to get it for the PS2, better to spend 100 dollars than 1600-2000 for a new tower since i don't usually buy games for a PC.

http://corrderio.livejournal.com/ - Rants and other crap on my mind.

Comment

I dont think it will be crucial wait. . Only a couple weeks at the most it should be out after the PC release.

But the interaction will be wierd. PC users with it and PS2 users without.. Should be interesting..
                      Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

*Convert*

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

I am annoyed to see such ignorance. It looks like EB games messed up. Can someone check another freaking site? I would myself, but I am currently on 56K modem, so yeah... would take ages, can someone do it?

Hey someone take this ape's 20 dollars... I don't got paypal ;_;.

Comment

Who are you calling an Ape you 56k looser..Head back to the Stone Age and take your flame war to another thread.

The PS2 version is NOT listed on gamespot. The PC version IS.

Most of the other sites dont post things in advance, but i doubt both Gamespot and EBgames both "messed up".

I searched the entire internet for a buyable PS2 version of the expansion, and I couldnt find it.

Once again I have nothing against PS2 users I think it is an interesting topic so if you have good info share, and again no flaming its for 10 years olds!!!!

And the PC version on EBGames says 9/14 lol, it is a long ways away. So anything can happen with square...
                          Queo - RETIRED

55 RDM / 26 BLM

*Convert*

Rank 5

Windhurst

Siren

Comment

Originally posted by Alucath
                            .... is this a troll post?

There's no way they're not releasing it on PS2s, what do you have against PS2ers? Some are in their 40's and great to party with right now.
                            I'm 41, and I'm a PS2er.
                            Rank 10 - Bastok

o_o;

Comment

Re: PS2 Expansion??!

Stop making such dramas everyone! So many threads on this forum are offensive.. and then you get offensive reactions back, and other peoples try to make others shut up blablabla.. [Thread Closed]. I know level 75 PS2 players, and I never saw a difference between PS2 players and PC players.. it should be fine. What I actually HAVE noticed is that older people, and im talking about 17+ (^^), prefer to buy FFXI on PC then on PS2.. I guess that has to do with experienced PC users, that know what you "can do more on PC then on PS2..." Anyways. Stop offensing people. PS2 or PC it doesnt matter.. and even IF there are more noobs on PS2 then on PC, im sure it has nothing to do with what console they use, just co-incidence.. or maybe PS2 owners that dont have a PC never played MMORPG in society{MAYBE, cause i have no clue.}.. whatever. Thats not why I wanted to post here.

My friend, a PS2 user, is a Rdm58 and some other higher jobs. He has FFXI + Zilart for PS2.. but now he really wants to get CoP and do the promyvions etc.. He went to various gamestores, but he never saw CoP for PS2.. So a few questions in name of my friend who does not have a PC:
                              -Is CoP expansion available for PS2 users that already have a set of FFXI?
                              -What does it come in? Only a CD?
                              -And how to get it? Maybe by ordering it in a gameshop?

Thanks in advance.
                              http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=953347

War75 Thf75 Pld75 Sam75 Mnk75 Rdm75 Nin75 Bard 75

Comment

Re: PS2 Expansion??!

sweetkitty, could you please check the date of the posts and stop reviving 1 year old threads. the discussions are no longer relevant and the orignial posters probably don't care anymore...

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                                X