• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D&D

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
    Lame.

kib·itz/ˈkibits/
    Verb:

Look on and offer unwelcome (usually meddlesome) advice, esp. at a card game.
    Speak informally; chat.
    You forgot my favorite part.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Now that you know it, you'll find uses for it everywhere. Yiddish words are pretty great.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Well... if this is all I have interested... we could run a campaign with 6 people. I figure at least 1 of you is going to bail... statistically speaking (double-check that for me Armando).

6 is a tough number for just 1 DM, but I'll give it a whirl. We'll still start with just the tester campaign, though.

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

Paronomasia

Not Yiddish... still awesome.

Comment

Eh, I don't want to be a 7th wheel if that's unwieldy. Combat would probably be a mess, and the more people there are the harder it is to accommodate everyone meaningfully in the roleplay.

Comment

I figure at least 1 of you is going to bail... statistically speaking (double-check that for me Armando).
            I don't even need to run the numbers on that one.

P.S. What's the best tank class? Subjective, I know.

Comment

6 PCs. I can swing 6 PCs. If you'd like to be kept on retainer in the event that someone drops out, that's your choice. Either option works fine for me.

Combat might get messy but it also affords me the opportunity to use larger-scale mechanics like warfare that I can't do with a smaller group.

Sure... 1 on 1 you can kill a level 1 Kobald without taking damage or breaking a sweat. I mean hey... he can't get past your AC unless he crits, right?

Well what if there were 1000 of them? How do you fend them all off before you're overwhelmed? Your AC bonus is void if you have 37 touch attacks on you at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Yygdrasil View Post
                Sure... 1 on 1 you can kill a level 1 Kobald without taking damage or breaking a sweat. I mean hey... he can't get past your AC unless he crits, right?

Well what if there were 1000 of them? How do you fend them all off before you're overwhelmed? Your AC bonus is void if you have 37 touch attacks on you at once.
                Answer: You run the hell away.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  I don't even need to run the numbers on that one.

P.S. What's the best tank class? Subjective, I know.
                  Depends on how you play it... but typically Paladin or Cleric. Both have self-healing capabilities and natural defensive bonuses. Each has its own flavor of natural dispelling qualities as well.

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                  Answer: You run the hell away.
                  You're clearly not Greek.

Comment

Depends on how you play it... but typically Paladin or Cleric. Both have self-healing capabilities and natural defensive bonuses. Each has its own flavor of natural dispelling qualities as well.
                    Can Cleric wear heavy armor? Also, is multiclassing useful for tanks?

Comment

Eh, I can play in for the trial campaign and if it works it works. 6 might give you the opportunity to do workable party split situations if you wanted to go to the headache of running such a thing.

Comment

Can Cleric wear heavy armor? Also, is multiclassing useful for tanks?
                        Pretty sure Clerics can wear at least medium(chainmail and scale mail). I know they could wear full plate in 2nd edition, but I dunno.
                        *runs to google*

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Yup, clerics can use heavy armor too. Only thing you can't use is tower shields apparently, but there's probably a feat you can take to get around that.

Cleric :: d20srd.org

Comment

I've decided to run the mini campaign within the same world I've built for the main story. This way it'll give you a chance to understand the mechanics at least from a a basic level.

I'll throw in a little description of the world here in just a few minutes. Sort of... an overview.

Comment

Is there any sort of hate system in D&D? I noticed the section on crits said something about landing a crit causing one to become a threat or something.

Comment

Is there any sort of hate system in D&D?
                              Yes. If you intentionally piss of the DM he might hate you and your character to death.

Regarding crits: If I recall correctly, you don't get a crit by rolling a 20, the 20 lets you roll again and if that second roll is enough to register as a hit you get the bonus damage.

Comment

Is this a usable character sheet? Does it have everything important on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X