General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: D&D

I'm interested, but I don't want to play with Yygdrasil. So get me into the group that doesn't have him.

Comment

If nothing else at least Yggy's skill for getting sidetracked will be remembered. XD
      sigpic
      "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
      Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

My skill for what? I'm sorry. I was doing macrame.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
        99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
        99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Alright. So. Lets see.

If you're genuinely interested in test-running a web-based campaign with me to see if it's your style, "Thank" this post.

I'll work up some mini campaigns and set realistic dates once I know who my players are.

In the meantime, use the Players Manual found here and the Point Buy formula below to fill out the character sheet here.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here or PM me.

*Point Buy System*

You automatically start with all 6 stats as 8's. Use the 28 points I'm providing you to increase those stats further according to the chart. Keep in mind your Racial bonuses and penalties when making your decisions. This system is implemented to maintain balance. Choose wisely.

8 - 0 Points
            9 - 1 Points
            10 - 2 Points
            11 - 3 Points
            12 - 4 Points
            13 - 5 Points
            14 - 6 Points
            15 - 8 Points
            16 - 10 Points
            17 - 13 Points
            18 - 16 Points

Comment

and woohoo! that webpage doesnt get filtered by websense!
              75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
              RANK 10 Bastok
              CoP: Done
              ZM: Done
              ToA: Done
              Assault rank: Captain
              Campaign Medal: Medals
              Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
              This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

Oh balls. Now I have to flesh out that character concept, don't I?

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

P.S.

Is this 3rd edition or 3.5? I may look into picking up a player's handbook if I can find one for cheap. I like having hard copies.
                Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                Name: Drjones
                Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I might want to implement the rule-set for Pathfinder... and pathfinder is an adjustment of the 3.5 rules.

Comment

Gah, multiple rulebooks!

I guess I'll just stick to online resources for now.

Comment

3.5 really isn't so different from 3

If it makes a difference... I'm pretty flexible with my rules anyway.

Comment

i call sorcerer / dragon disciple
                        75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                        RANK 10 Bastok
                        CoP: Done
                        ZM: Done
                        ToA: Done
                        Assault rank: Captain
                        Campaign Medal: Medals
                        Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                        This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I call something that isn't intentionally weird. (I'll have to look at the races and classes to be honest.)

Comment

Is there any resource that ISN'T written like a reference guide? d20rsd is good for looking up any given thing but it's not teaching me things in a logical, organized manner. It speaks in generalities and gives little to no examples. For instance:
                            Originally posted by Armor Class
                            Your Armor Class (AC) represents how hard it is for opponents to land a solid, damaging blow on you. It’s the attack roll result that an opponent needs to achieve to hit you. Your AC is equal to the following:

10 + armor bonus + shield bonus + Dexterity modifier + size modifier
                            It's hard for me to piece that together with the Attack Roll info. I can't find any examples anywhere. I don't know what typical Dexterity modifiers or Shield bonuses are. Likewise, I would love to see a table that shows how Strength translates into an Attack Roll bonus but I can't find one in the Attack Bonus section. There's a cryptic table on the right that shows Size vs Size Modifier but it has no explanation of what it means.

Someone familiar with D&D probably understands all of this just fine but for a total beginner, it would make a lot more sense to explain every part of an Attack Roll and Armor Class calculation in detail and sequentially (instead of spreading around the info and jumping all over the place through links) and then give an example of the calculations. I need a tutorial, not a manual :/

Comment

I'm going to have to do a fair amount of reading, I see. When I played, AC started at 10 and worked down to 0 by taking your armor and various bonuses into account. Your attack roll was bundled up into THAC0 (To Hit Armor Class 0), which I think they've done away with. So I honestly have no damned idea how that's calculated anymore.

Armor class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit: I am looking at the character sheets (which make no fucking sense to me), and I can't figure out if there is a way to fill it out in adobe. I can't print it as I don't have a printer, so I guess I can write it all out on paper.
                              Last edited by Murphie; 04-28-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Basically when you attack you roll a D20 and then add whatever modifiers the scenario calls for(attack bonuses, penalties, the DM's you-can't-have-nice-things modifier, etc). Whatever that totals up to has to equal or exceed the enemy's Armor Class.

I don't really have any good bare bones basics resources to point you towards, I gleaned most of my knowledge from just reading the player's handbook and the dungeon master's guide cover to cover at one point.

Comment

Working...
                                X