This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirge of Cerberus Multiplayer?

I've heard the game is supposed to support online multiplayer. Looking through the Japanese POL recently, I found DoC listed in the games, and some of the buttons on the screen for it got me thinking. There's a Content ID and a Play button. Does that mean multiplayer will require PlayOnline Viewer? If so, the North American release might not get the multiplayer option, since SCEA no longer sells models that support a HDD, and they don't even really seem to support the HDD anymore.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bungiefan; 12-31-2005, 10:29 PM.
    http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
    http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
    http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
    My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Re: Dirge of Cerberus Multiplayer?

Tricky.. yes you use playonline viewer to get online on the game, it's weird that they would keep using POL after the HDD had been dumped by sony, but wth, they still selling PS2 FFXI's, so yea it's all the same.. you can still get HDDs i think... i wonder if it's going to be released on pc using pol, and on ps2 using some other method? which also makes no sense lol.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Chances are the multiplayer will be scrapped from the US version, or by some miracle left in for those of us who still own a PS2 with an HDD. From what I've heard, the original PS2 and the Broadband Unit are still available from Sony and from some retail stores in Japan.

In related news, Square Enix announced that the monthly fee will be ¥760 a month, which is about $6.50. Additional characters will be ¥100, or $.85.
      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
      Currently Playing:
      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Ya the online mode is fps, like team deathmatch. It is feasible that it will be released with the US release since we are so fond of fps's. But yes the hold up is if it requires the HDD. If they think of some way to be able to use a memory card instead of the HDD that would be a huge plus. But requiring you access through POL would really screw it up.
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

you dont think we would have to pay for the online pay do you? if so ?cry /cry /cry etc.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylik
            you dont think we would have to pay for the online pay do you? if so ?cry /cry /cry etc.
            Originally posted by Pai Pai Master

In related news, Square Enix announced that the monthly fee will be ¥760 a month, which is about $6.50. Additional characters will be ¥100, or $.85.
            $6.50 I guess
            Originally posted by Feba
            But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
            Originally posted by DakAttack
            ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

HMM online for this game could make or break it. If they do take out this option for the us release then it might not sell as many units, but Im hoping they leave it in since I do have the HDD plus It would be great to have the extra option once since alot of games lose replay value after you beat it.

Which FF Character Are You?

Which FF Character Are You?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
              Final Fantasy 7

Comment

think it'll play somewhat like gunz online? o:

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylik
                  That depends. A lot of online games in Japan have monthly fees, but their US versions do not, such as the Resident Evil Outbreak games and Hotshots Golf Online (which I hear is a modified version of Minna no Golf Online). It's all up to SquareEnix of America as to whether they have a fee or not.

As for the HDD being dropped by Sony, it was by Sony of Europe, Australia, and America. Sony in Japan still makes and sells HDD-compatible systems as far as I know. Last time I checked the Japanese PlayStation.com store they were still listed as Midnight Blue model 50000s in a bundle with a BB Unit. Japan still having active HDD support and sales of compatible systems is what allowed for the release of Front Mission Online there within the past year.
                  http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                  http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                  http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                  My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Working...
                  X