Clear All

Re: Dr Who New Series

Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Just a heads up New series of Dr Who starting in the UK on 30th March . More info go here BBC One - Doctor Who

Comment

A quick youtube clip promoting the 50th Aniversary episode airing in November here in the uk

Comment

The latest episodes are really dis-interesting to me. The last seasons were all about The Silence and it seemed so amazing in comparison. This one is just..... slow.
          sigpic

Comment

One of the main problems with the new series is Clara really. Moffat has a new pet character so everything is centred around her. While I really do like her actress, it just seems like the Doctor's obsession with Clara is going to end up stretched over 3 seasons like it was with River Song. It doesn't help that Rory, Amy and River were all perfectly capable of looking after themselves while Clara just seems to be an annoying Manic Pixie Dream Girl character who constantly needs rescuing and generally plays the damsel in distress. Plus the Doctor is suddenly obsessed with her because he literally has nothing else to do.

While it is a mystery to find out who Clara is. I do sometimes find myself asking "Do I really care?"

Don't get me wrong, Jenna Louise Coleman is a very good actress but I do find myself struggling to really like the character Clara Oswin Oswald. Honestly I'm not sure if the show would be any different at all if she was taken out entirely and it was just The Doctor flying solo but Doctor Who without companions isn't really very fun.
            Reiko Takahashi
            Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Well have yo see what the last 2 episodes say about her especially as its cybermen next episode according to the sneak preview.

Comment

Always nice to see the Cybermen come back. Next week's episode should be fun.
                Reiko Takahashi
                Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

with a seven of nine influence

Comment

Peter Capaldi is a great choice for the new Doctor. He was great in The Thick of It and Moffat always wanted a middle aged actor to play him so it would be interesting to see what direction they will go with with the scripts. They were going for far darker scripts if the last series is anything to go by and an older actor would pull off the dark and sinister angle far better than with the hyper and manic personality they gave Matt Smith's Doctor.

Shame to see the Matt Smith fangirls writing him off before even seeing him in an episode though.
                    Reiko Takahashi
                    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I'm quite happy with the new direction they're going. The Doctor can't always be a good looking 20-something. Think the new Doctor will really give the show a breath of fresh air.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, how are they going to explain him being in Pompeii and Torchwood?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well he did shoot himself in Torchwood so that could be him going into the next regeneration.
                        Reiko Takahashi
                        Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Working...
                        X