Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek

Just a little place for me to post some of the videos I like.

sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Re: Star Trek

sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Apparently I can't post more than one video at a time. <_<;

sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Oh, I wish they could just make another series as good as TOS,TNG and DS9.... VOY and ENT weren't bad, but they weren't great!!

Comment

I just saw the most awkward moment of TNG from the episode "First Contact":

Then again, Riker's banged the female half of half the species in the Alpha Quadrant, what's one more?

Comment

Originally posted by geogolem View Post
            Oh, I wish they could just make another series as good as TOS,TNG and DS9.... VOY and ENT weren't bad, but they weren't great!!
            Yeah, it seems most people agree the reason why VOY and ENT weren't as good was because of Brannon Braga. That guy wrote some nice episodes at times, but he was in no way, shape or form fit to be in charge of a series. Yet he was put in charge of VOY and ENT, so some speculate he was sleeping with "someone", but it doesn't really matter. After Gene Roddenberry and Michael Piller (and writers like Moore and Behr) were gone ST series just went downhill.

Fortunately because of how the show was run there were still some very good episodes from time to time from other writers and directors, even if the series themselves became far from memorable.

PS > I'm just glad they were able to get TNG and DS9 done while Braga was occupied with VOY. I'm very much looking forward to getting the HD collections of both series along with TOS.

PS > Braga took charge of VOY in season 3 or 4, not sure about that. Before that it was Piller, Berman and Taylor.
            Last edited by Raydeus; 05-04-2012, 09:59 AM.
            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

damn.....now I want to install STO again........ lol

I have no will power!
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Its free now and I am enjoying it

Comment

oh I know it is, still have my collectors box though ;p
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I'm really liking STO, but the connection issues I'm having slow my progress down to a crawl. Still, when I can actually play it's pretty awesome, specially the space exploration and combat. I just love the ships.

Although I wish you could issue verbal commands. Things like "Reroute power to aft shields!", "Fire at will!", "Transport" or "Scan" to help you control systems while you are busy doing other stuff and keeping track of targets.

And being able to say "Warp 9. Engage." to control Impulse or Warp speed.

Yeah... I tend to get too excited about Trek sometimes. <_<;

Also:

It would be nice if there was a Blu-ray version of this.
                        sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I just hope they eventually make a great Trek series again... I'm glad they're at least making the new movies.

I enjoyed J.J. Abram's trek movie although it was "different" but I understand that they need to attract new viewers, etc. while still giving nods to and pleasing the existing fanbase.

The movie was OK as a movie but I really, really want a classic Trek series again. With all the politics, philosophy, and depth of TNG and DS9.

Comment

Most of the Star Trek movies have been action bonanzas with very little diplomacy or philosophy behind them aside from established canon, character history and relationships. The last movie just built and created an alternate canon. Vulcans are still Vulcans, just without a homeworld, meanwhile Romulus is totally wiped out in the original Trek timeline. The movie does acknowledge the canon, Abrhams just doesn't want to be ruled by it.

And really pre-established canon did the last two TNG movies no favors. Insurrection wasn't even on the level of Generatons, but Nemesis was worse. They were out of ideas for Picard and company. Had they struck while the iron was hot cast members from DS9 and VOY could have carried a few films but they didn't take the chance on them.

There's also the problem of TNG, DS9 and VOY casting older than TOS ever did. There was nothing wrong with it for the TV franchises, but these people wanted to move on after the TV shows were done, not keep on making movies. Spiner wanted out well before Frakes and Patrick Stewart. Hell, Stewart wanted out of X-men by the third movie and he got his wish.

Even as young as the cast of VOY seemed most of them are 50 or 60 now. So this younger cast of the new films is certainly a long term benefit if they can hold on to most of them. I think Simon Pegg is the oldest of them. Not that he's close to acting his age, though (that's a good thing, too).

I wouldn't mind seeing a new TV series in the vein of TNG or DS9, something that builds on the original timeline canon. Problem is losing Romulus is almost like losing nothing of value. The Romulan thing never seemed to go anywhere. Proxy battles along the Neutral Zone and little else. The Klingons being enemies again IS interesting. Losing Vulcan in the alternate timeline is interesting.

Comment

The new ST doesn't appeal to me at all for several reasons, so I'll just get the BD versions of the old series as they become available and call it a day.

New generations will have to decide whether the new Trek is worth it or not.
                              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
                              X