• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall 2012/Winter 2012-2013

I need more shows like gankutsuou or stein's gate or great teacher onizuka

Comment

At least the series that are still on-going from late last year is making up for the dearth of good shows this season. So far, I'm loving Tamako Market and a couple of other shows, but the best ones are still, for me, Psycho Pass, Magi, Kingdom (this is like Bleach or Naruto, though, and I know Magi is heading that way as well), Robotics;Notes, Shinsekai Yori and Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo.

Comment

Shits getting deep and heavy in both Robotics;Notes and in Shinsekai Yori. Right now, it's just background for the secondary characters in Psycho-Pass, but very reminiscent of how it was done in GITS. It's still really interesting despite the fact that it doesn't drive the main story.

Edit: Bit premature ... just saw PP 13 ... oh my. Especially the end ... last 10seconds after the credits rolled. Creepy...
        Last edited by Aeni; 01-20-2013, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed Psycho Pass through out and I'm glad we're FINALLY starting to get story in Robotics;Notes .. only took like 15 episodes

Comment

Originally posted by Zempten View Post
            I really enjoyed Psycho Pass through out and I'm glad we're FINALLY starting to get story in Robotics;Notes .. only took like 15 episodes
            Character development. I actually appreciated that aspect of the anime series. I don't like the 12 episode format of other series where you are left with the impression that most female anime characters are vapid whores and their male counterparts aren't that much different.

Tamaki Market is still my fave this season. That may change with GITS but I'm not sure if they're on schedule or if we are to expect delays. So many anime I thought were to be out last season was pushed to later this year ...

In other news, I heard rumors of an Accel World movie but it might just be mis-translation and it really is just a straight to "home" BR OAV. For those people in Asia, they may put it on Animax before then ... I'm not really interested, however. I liked SAO a hundreds more ...

I'm just glad fillers ended for both Naruto and Fairy Tails. I. Hate. Fillers.

Comment

I'm all for character development as well, but character development only with no story progression can get bad. I think this is why I like Psycho Pass, each of it's arc feels like its progressing the story while developing character. With Robotic Notes I just felt like minimal story progression and just a huge emphasis on character development.

- - - Updated - - -

OH and SHinsekai . .. man stuff is happening! Too intense for words

Comment

Magi's arc just finished and a new one has begun. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I finally got into Fairy Tail anime, and though they're doing the current manga arc really well, so I'm enjoying that as well.

I actually liked the pacing in Robotics;Notes, so I guess different strokes for different folks? It's the same people that created Steins;Gate and that was also, relatively, slow moving.

I haven't been keeping up with the other series as much as I'd like to, what with ARR:Beta starting, and lots of overtime at work. Although I am continuing to funnel the torrents so I can check it out later. I've already pre-ordered a few series through NISA and looking at Aniplex's catalog for this year.

Comment

So, the official english dub of SoA has been approved. Not sure if want (I haven't actually watched the series myself yet, I'm putting it off on purpose)
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I don't want to see it as dubbed. I'm holding out for when they release a complete BR package so I can import it from Japan.

Comment

Working...
                    X