7. FLCL (actucally # 4 on this list)
    8. Full Metal Alchemist
    Current Server: Asura
    Current Home Nation: Bastok (Rank 10)
    Race/Sex: Elvaan/Male
    Main Job: 75 DRK / 37 SAM,RDM,NIN,WAR,WHM
    Main Craft: 73 Cloth

(Read this at a normal pace...)
    Tihs Msseage Connat Be Raed By Nromal Huamn Biegns. Pelsae Ntoify Yuor Firedns Taht If Tehy Can Raed Tihs, Taht Tehy Aenr't Namrol...Cnovrresly, Atmpetnig To Raed Tihs Msasege At Nmaorl Pcae And Bineg Albe To, Cna't be Namrol Etiehr...If Yor'ue Albe To Raed Tihs, Tehn Mybae Yur'oe Not Nrmaol.

Comment

• Re: What Anime makes your top ten?

1. Cowboy Bebop
      2.DBZ
      3.Inuyasha
      4.Trigun
      5.Fooly Cooly
      6. Bleach
      A mans strength isn't measured by the size of his muscle, but by the size of his heart.

it's better to be a smart ass than a dumb ass.

R.I.P. Dura's Moms Hard Drive. 2002-2009 Gone, but not forgotten.

Your family must havehad a hen farm growin', up cause you sure know how to raise a cock

Comment

1) Trigun
        2) Hellsing
        3) Bleach
        4) Love Hina
        5) Chobits

Can't think of many others...
        Originally posted by Ellipses
        Really, it's just like pretty much every question about this game that begins with "Why." The answer is "Because."
        Originally posted by MCLV
        A subjob is like sex, you shouldn't have it untill your 18 but if you don't have it after 21 everyone laughs at you.
        More Sig:

Comment

As far as series go:

Chobits
          Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
          Gundam 00
          Matian Successor Nadesico
          Naruto Shippuden
          Neon Genesis Evangelion
          Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
          Suzumiya Haruhi
          Tenchi Muyo
          Welcome to the NHK
          xxxHolic

I know that was 11 but I couldn't decide which one to drop.

Comment

I've probably forgotten half of what I've seen so I'll just rattle off some of the good stuff in recent memory.

Paranoia Agent- for being so damn weird and leaving me with no idea what the hell happened.

Baccano - for an interesting and varied method of storytelling.

Bokurano - for having a brilliant concept even if the execution started to become formulaic at times.

Slayers - Gourry is my hero.

Genshiken - for letting me laugh at myself

Shadow Skill - I'm not sure why. I just enjoyed it.

Berserk - for skipping the metaphysics lessons when the characters need to be slicing people in half. I can't properly convey how awesome this series, especially the last few episodes.

Angel's Egg - This is still by far the weirdest anime I have ever seen. If I want to just confuse the hell out of someone with something that has no rhyme or reason readily apparent, this is my go to anime.

Mononoke(not the Miyazaki film)- for the art style

I'm sure there's a few more but I can't think of them at the moment.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

1 Gundam Seed Destiny- I love this of all the Gundams the best.
              2 Gundam Seed- Again I love the whole Genetic engineering angle.
              3 Gundam Wing- The characters in this Gundam really grabbed me.
              4 FMA- Though it diverted from the Manga I loved the story they put together lol.
              5 DBZ- Over all I love this for the story arches though the filler was a little annoying at times and I hated Head-Cha-La opening. Haven't seen the fillerless Kai version yet.
              6 Kemeno on Soja Erin- Way awesome. An emotional Roller Coaster that knows all about psycology and animal behavior. Makes you think about human relationships with eachother and nature.
              7 Princess Tutu- Amazing blending of top-notch animation, character, classic fairytale and Ballet.
              8 Scrapped Princess- Loved the characters and the fantasy meets scifi formula. Plus its a social commentary.
              9 Noein- I loved the whole time travel examination in this. Sci-fi at its best.
              10 Fushigi Yugi- Love this fantastic retelling of Yuu Watase's amazing story from her manga.
              Last edited by fairyoracle75; 12-15-2009, 08:12 AM.

Asura Server

Comment

1)Kemonozume
                2)Noein
                3)Elfen Lied
                4)Berserk
                5)Cowboy Bebop
                6)Genshiiken
                7)Welcome to the NHK
                8)Karas
                9)Biohunter
                10)Escaflowne

WHM75/BLU75/THF75/BLM40/SMN37/NIN37/DNC37/SCH37/BST37

Comment

1. Bleach

nuff said.

Samarai X / Kenshin series is 2nd.
                  75: Sam, Nin, Blm, Thf, Pld, Cor, Rdm
                  RANK 10 Bastok
                  CoP: Done
                  ZM: Done
                  ToA: Done
                  Assault rank: Captain
                  Campaign Medal: Medals
                  Wotg: Complete the quests already and I'll start

Originally posted by Etra
                  This thread brought to you by Malacite's lack of understanding.

Comment

I don't know if I ever responded to this and I'm not going to page back to look.

My list probably doesn't even reach ten because I'm not that into anime.

My favorites would be:

Ghost in the Shell (movies and TV)
                    Cowboy Bebop
                    Hellsing
                    Azumanga Daioh

I guess its just that I get more than enough Japanese-style stories from gaming in general to not what to spend time digesting similar stories in a non-interative format.

I like how philosophical GitS gets in the movies and maintains it on an intelligible level, but also the contrast the TV show has to it, which plays out more like a crime investigation drama where cybernetics and the internet are the focus.

Cowboy Bebop represents a more realistic world view of the future. We achieve space travel, but otherwise its business as usual. No Star Trek-like utopia where aliens and humans work together, no hovering cars, just us colonizing other worlds and living the kinds of lives they would have lived on Earth.

Hellsing because, well, its just awesome. Vampires working for the government? Fighting to sate thier own overblown egos while also serving the greater good? Alucard does have sympapthy for the innocent and a sense of justice (even his own ethical code he believes other vampires should have), but when it comes right down to it, being #1 is what matters most to him.

Azumanga Daioh just for being zany. I didn't think I could find a show just about Japanese schoolgirls to be interesting at all. Its got that Family Guy attention span to it, though its humor is sometimes more surreal or slapstick than it is satirical.

Comment

Working...
                    X