Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dev Team Interview Questions Submission Deadline Extension!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dev Team Interview Questions Submission Deadline Extension!

It has come to the Administration Team that some posters have expressed that they are rather "underwhelmed", by the "toughness" of the questions posted to be asked of the Final Fantasy XI Development Team; citing them to be at "a decent challenge" at best (and "Easy Prey" at worst).

If you believe you have some "Very Tough" or "Incredibly Tough" questions, please post them at the Ask SE Questions area and then PM me, AKosygin, and I will consider them. While they won't be the first 5 questions, very good entries will be in the first ten questions.

Rules, Conditions, etc:
    • Please do NOT ask any questions already posted here: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sit...n-updated.html
    • You must submit the questions to the forum AND the PM linking all the questions to me by no later than Friday, November 16, 2007 12:00 Noon Pacific Standard Time
    • Only 1 (one) Private Message with all the links to the "Tougher" questions per poster. Please select carefully.
    • Please avoid any "Impossible to Gauge" questions, we don't want the Development Team to wipe the Interview sessions.
    Thank you for your support,
    AKosygin
    FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: Dev Team Interview Questions Submission Deadline Extension!

Considering that I expect that we're going to get to ask only three of our questions tops since we'll be competing with other sites for the same interview time by my understanding, I feel the two existing {Incredibly Tough} questions are sufficient. -- Pteryx

Comment

I am curious, what IS the limit on number questions submitted to S-E? Is there a ballpark figure?

Comment

And will there be a live online feed of this to watch?
        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

"It" "has" "come" "to" "my" "attention" "that" "there" "is" "an" "abuse" "of" "quotation" "marks" "in" "the" "OP."

By that of course, I could mean virtually anything.

Comment

Murphie [...] has [...] my [...] abuse [...] marks [...] in [...] the [...] virtual [...] thing.
            <-even bigger abuse of "quotes".

Comment

An aside: Slanted recap from muddled memory
              Last edited by ItazuraNhomango; 11-15-2007, 12:59 PM.
              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Wait, Ita has a sister?

Comment

You know, Feba, I really do have the abuse marks in the virtual thing.

And well put, Itazura. I share your frustration, but I've decided it's not worth making a fuss about it, because clearly it's not going to affect any change. Which sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
                    Considering that I expect that we're going to get to ask only three of our questions tops since we'll be competing with other sites for the same interview time by my understanding, I feel the two existing {Incredibly Tough} questions are sufficient. -- Pteryx
                    And what if the other sites "scoop" us with similar questions first? Might be good to have a list of back ups.
                    Lyonheart
                    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
                    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
                    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
                    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
                    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
                    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
                    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

I do not expect to go through all 15 questions submitted so far..... at least, not in the time allotted unless they give us all "We will look into that" answers.
                      Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
                        An aside: Slanted recap from muddled memory
                        First off, it's not three systems. The Original system was put in place so that people could post up their ideas for questions with little restrictions. From there, the best questions were selected by the Admins and mods of this site, aligned in a poll and submited to the community for the purpose of selecting the best of the best and further discussion of the Admin's choices. Infact that concept was posted in the original instructions for the Ask SE forum guidlines, though it was notibly altered slightly to fit into the Fan Fest's interview setup.

Originally posted by AKosygin View Post
                        • The Moderation and Administration Team of FFXIOnline.com will select 9 questions to be compiled on to a list. The last remaining one is reserved for the moderation and administration team.
                        • The list will be compiled and submitted to the FFXI Community Relations Team, and the submitted list will also be posted on the news section for discussion, and if the FFXIOnline.com team find later that we missed any questions, we will tack it onto the next month's list.handed out as appropriate.
                        During that discussion, some people felt the ones asked weren't of higher quality so the Admin gave everyone a last minute chance to ask 'better' questions while having them PM him directly so he doesn't miss any of these 'better' questions. I don't know about you, but it seems to me that the guys in charge are doing the best they can to make sure their community has their best questions asked.
                        "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                        X