Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vote for your favorite question! (UPDATED)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vote for your favorite question! (UPDATED)

I dunno, /BLU for 50% Defense up seems broken as well. Everyone can /WAR for Provoke, taking tanking role away from WAR, too! Bad S-E!

>_> <_<;
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Originally posted by IfritnoItazura View Post
      I dunno, /BLU for 50% Defense up seems broken as well. Everyone can /WAR for Provoke, taking tanking role away from WAR, too! Bad S-E!

>_> <_<;
      The thing is, alongside subs like /WHM, /WAR, /BLU, and /NIN which give you such results, you have the likes of, to name the single guiltiest party, /BLM. If you can heal just as well with /WHM and some native MP, why can't you nuke half as well with /BLM and some native MP? Basically, the jobs are less balanced with each other as subjobs than as main jobs. -- Pteryx

Comment

my point exactly. GIVE DRK MAB ALREADY SE
        sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Karinya View Post
          Out of the ones listed, yeah. Otherwise I could probably think of a few to add. High level exp rates, camps and the devs' opinion of players fighting much weaker monsters than a few years ago, for example; it ties into the SC/MB question a bit, but without touching directly on mob level and the relative power of mobs vs. players, I think the posted question is likely to miss the point.
          If you believe the questions could be better, please feel free to contribute by submitting your own.

You have until Friday, November 16, 2007 12:00 Noon Pacific Standard Time to submit to me links from the Ask SE Questions section of this site of questions you think are more worthy. (Or you can send me a carefully constructed question by you to ask.) Please send them to me via PM and I will consider it.

A written statement explaining why a particular question is good will give it better chance it will be added to the list.
          Last edited by KamuroIshigami; 11-15-2007, 09:43 AM. Reason: Deadline Extension!
          Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

And if you never ask anything but puff questions, you're Tim Russert and everyone laughs at you.
            Asking real questions is the only point of having an interview at all; otherwise you might as well look at their press release and go home.
            Of course they might not give straight answers - they often don't, and they may not even have definite plans for what they're going to do in 6 months. But there's at least a chance of getting some more information about where the game is going, if you ask questions about the important issues. If they weasel (or the PR department has forbidden them to spoil the surprise), then they weasel; but at least you'd have tried.
            As far as I'm concerned is that the only good that comes from asking those 'hardball questions' is to let SE know directly that the playerbase feels there is a problem with the game. The reason why SE often responds with 'we'll look into it', a 'weaseling out' answer if you will, is because they do indeed look into the problems the playerbase brings to their attention.

Out of the ones listed, yeah. Otherwise I could probably think of a few to add. High level exp rates, camps and the devs' opinion of players fighting much weaker monsters than a few years ago, for example; it ties into the SC/MB question a bit, but without touching directly on mob level and the relative power of mobs vs. players, I think the posted question is likely to miss the point.
            Obsolescence of some HNMs might also be worth asking about (again, the rising power of players is directly related).
            Seeing as how they *specifically* made numerous monsters who die fast and have quick repops, I think that was intentional. Add in the +exp% from sanction, and it makes those 'weaker' targets, that most classes benefit from fighting, even more attractive. But the downside to these monsters is their bizarre, absurd and down right dangerous abilities. Of the three most popular TP burn mobs, Puks, Colibri and Imps, each and every one has numerous ways to completely screw up the entire SC/MB system and deal major damage in short amounts of time. But their high offense is offset by low defense, which is why fast kills on them work so well. A prolonged battle against an IT Imp with a SC/MB dependent party is going to get it's ass kicked. And as for the HNMs, I believe this is one of the many reasons they don't want to increase the lvl cap. Yes people have taken out Kirin in less then 5 minutes, but the vast majority of the playerbase still fight him with a certain amount of difficulty. Plus as the players get stronger, so do the HNMs, so there's no real worry about obsoleteing older HNMs imo.

Well, they already *have* some supportive function: hate manipulation. After 60 with Assassin, THF's hate manipulation is no longer dependent on reversing hate multiple times or having other party members line up just right; just move behind the tank and TAWS. Before then they're just the only people with TA at all.
            Tankless parties destroy the point of putting hate on a specific other party member, which ties back into the big picture issues again. But outside of that, I think THFs definitely have their uses. (One of their old uses was SC closer - amplifying their spike damage by the SC effect. Again, they suffer from the death of team tactics.)
            HA! TA is not party support or hate manipulation. A good tank will hold hate regardless of whether a Thf is in the pt. No decent pt ever needs 'hate manipulation'. TA was originally a trick to help keep thfs who dropped big numbers alive more then anything else. And Assassin doesn't help thfs manipulate hate better, it helps them work at full strength regardless of how stupid your pt is. And on top of that, TA's 'hate manipulation' isn't Thf only as any job can sub thf, do TA+WS and drop large numbers on the tank regardless of SA or Assassin. And back during the days of 'team tactics' ANY job could use SATA+WS to close massive SCs. Case in point, Drk. But back then, even if a pt didn't cooperate a Drk could still deal massive Dmg while Thfs got screwed. Assassin freed Thfs from the dependency on 'team tactics' to keep up, as it works as well in TP-burns as it does in SC+MB pts.

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
            The thing is, alongside subs like /WHM, /WAR, /BLU, and /NIN which give you such results, you have the likes of, to name the single guiltiest party, /BLM. If you can heal just as well with /WHM and some native MP, why can't you nuke half as well with /BLM and some native MP? Basically, the jobs are less balanced with each other as subjobs than as main jobs. -- Pteryx
            But the thing is just going /whm with some native MP doesn't make you heal as well as a Whm. Rdms get native cures, regardless of sub, /whm only helps them heal better. Smn has a MASSIVE MP pool, native pt buffs and some cures and traits to increase their MP, /whm gives them a better use of MP during BP downtime. But a Blm/Whm is not as good a healer as Whm, Rdm or even Smn. Yes, they *can* main heal to an extent, but not to the quality of other classes.

And the reason why /whm should be better then /blm is because /whm allows jobs to excel at something only two jobs are fully built for, while /blm is just additional DD abilities, which there are already plenty of. We don't need additional DD from /blm, but we do need extra healing and support from /whm.

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            my point exactly. GIVE DRK MAB ALREADY SE
            I think it's Drk's lower tier spells that hurts their nuking more then lack of stats. There's plenty of Int, +skill and MAB stuff a Drk could use, but it's lower tier spells will always have their soft caps. While Rdms, who have lower elemental skill caps, then Drks, get higher tier nukes and thus better magical dmg. Or at least imo.
            "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Well, they already *have* some supportive function: hate manipulation. After 60 with Assassin, THF's hate manipulation is no longer dependent on reversing hate multiple times or having other party members line up just right; just move behind the tank and TAWS. Before then they're just the only people with TA at all.
              Tankless parties destroy the point of putting hate on a specific other party member, which ties back into the big picture issues again. But outside of that, I think THFs definitely have their uses. (One of their old uses was SC closer - amplifying their spike damage by the SC effect. Again, they suffer from the death of team tactics.)
              While the abject refusal to SC definitely hurts, I have to note that since the two-handed update, TA+WS really doesn't seem to affect hate that much. In the party I was just in this morning, I was landing TA SB for 300-500 dmg, while the WAR would pull off SATA+WS on me after I lined up for SA, and do around 800-1000 dmg, which was occasionally enough to take hate off the MNK. My TA kept hate on the tank just long enough to run around and SA, if I was lucky. In this case it might just be a bad tank (NIN), but this was one of the rare parties where I didn't have a SAM. In every party I've had a SAM in since the 2-handed update, hate was planted on the SAM by the time mob's HP dropped below 50%, even with a PLD tank.
              Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
              DRK99,DNC91,THF90
              Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
              Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
              WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
              Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
              All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
              Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
              Clothcraft 24
              Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
              BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Updates in regards to which questions are dropped are indicated on this thread:
                http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fes...07-report.html

The thread will be updated daily until all the information I have are posted.

Comment

Well, it looks like none of our questions got asked, but...

1) They at least see lack of skillchaining as a Bad Thing, and are going to lower SC resists. Yay! Doesn't solve the XP efficiency problem, though, just makes even trying to skillchain not so laughable an idea. I suspect it's going to be a while of seeing relative lack of results before they say, "Oh wait, duh, it's XP per hour that's making it stick!"

2) Chocobo Racing once a day! That's a good start.

3) Wow, they're done? Awesome. Hope my computer's not too outdated to handle DX9.

4) Nothing said aside from them continuing to insist on perceiving linkshells as transient in nature and too afraid of abuse to give us any alternatives to that paradigm. Argh. >_<

5) Alas, wasn't covered.

6) Seems like the only answer they're giving to this at this time is "release Dancer and attempt to make WAR tank-worthy".

7) Wasn't covered.

8) Wasn't covered this time, but was asked in the past as mentioned before.

9) Wasn't covered.

10) The GM policy talks about this already.

11) Interesting question, but wasn't covered. -- Pteryx

Comment

Thou need to hath patience. PiNG and I are still transcribing the interview!

Originally posted by Pteryx View Post
                    Well, it looks like none of our questions got asked, but...

Comment

The Dev team questions were asked this afternoon, and we are currently in process of typing it all out, give us a couple more hours for update.

Comment

PiNG & AKosygin did not ask those questions publically. They had a private interview with the Dev team. Please wait for them to transcribe everything in a few hours.
                        Hacked on 9/9/09
                        FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

sweet. *waits*
                          Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Working...
                          X