Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcing the Double Experience Points Campaign! (1/30/13)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing the Double Experience Points Campaign! (1/30/13)

To celebrate the upcoming release of FINAL FANTASY XI's 5th expansion, "Seekers of Adoulin," we're pleased to announce that we'll be holding our very first "Double EXP Campaign!"

Don't miss this opportunity to sharpen your skills, hone your magic, and grow even stronger in preparation for the dangers that await you in the untamed lands of Ulbuka.

-------------------------------------------------

When

Friday, February 8, 2013, 7:00am (PST) to Monday, February 11, 2013, 6:59am (PST)

Where

All areas of Vana'diel
    * Please note that Abyssea areas are not included

Details

During the above time period, the amount of experience points gained by slaying monsters will be doubled.
    * The Dedication effect gained from experience bonus equipment will also be doubled.

* Experience points earned by completing certain types of content or via the use of items will not be doubled.

FINAL FANTASY XI Official Web Site: Double Experience Points Campaign
    Last edited by Yygdrasil; 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Announcing the Double EXP Campaign!

Do people still play this game?

Comment

Re: Announcing the Double EXP Campaign!

I think it's meant to get new players back into the game. Still XP from 1-75 isn't bad and it does stack with XP Rings. It does make going from 1-99 in a class in one weekend plausible for EU players now though. Before it was pretty much impossible if you ever wanted to sleep since most NA players don't get on until post 2am GMT and most JP players are ignorant enough to think that any player speaking any language that isn't Japanese must instantly be American and ignore you, even if you're speaking in French or German.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for merging the threads Yyg, I was about to ask for you to do something like that.
      Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
      Reiko Takahashi
      - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
      Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Re: Announcing the Double Experience Points Campaign! (1/30/13)

I'm good like that. Unfortunately, I can't adjust time stamps... so I simply banished your and Mal's first posts. You'll find them in the adequately named "Pit of Doom" thread I made in the Moderation forum. Visitation is not permitted in the pit of doom.

Comment

My post just had the relevant GMT times in it since I got the e-mail for EU players; but with hindsight, putting the US times would have been far more useful information anyway.
          Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
          Reiko Takahashi
          - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
          Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I, for one, am quite looking forward to this. I was putting leveling on hold for Missions, but it seems that weekend I'll be needing to do it the other way around.

Heck of a mindset to get back into at this point, really. I'll be at least juggling Magian Trials, Weapon Skillups, and my Advneturing Fellow all at once. Not to mention, putting good use to my Kupofried's and Decennial Rings!
            Originally posted by Armando
            No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
            Originally posted by Armando
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
            Originally posted by Taskmage
            However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
            Matthew 16:15

Comment

well it will get people to 30 a lot faster. I may just use it to get my nin up a few more to sub properly. Haven't used /nin since 75 cap.

Signature created by my good friend Naughtymistress, Remora server.

Comment

I'm going to go around unlocking all of the jobs I have yet to unlock and level them all to 30. If I still have time once that's done, I'll go back and level as many as I can to 49. I want every job at at least level 49 so I can sub as anything... mostly for the lolz.

Comment

I FFXIV:ARR fails horribly I will return to FFXI :3
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

DON'T JYNX IT ASSHOLE!!!

:3
                    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I'd make a joke about it being "Final Fantasy XI: It's all really just endgame now." But that's been the case for years, and with any long running MMO. Handy for folks that want to level a job that they were avoiding though.

Comment

Quite. I've been procrastinating leveling a lot of my low level stuff... but this gives me just the excuse I needed to get off my ass and do it. I've been sitting on this Decennial Ring, This Emperor Ring and this Moogle Ring for months now. Almost a year. It'll be nice to actually use them, in conjunction with book rewards and this new XP campaign. With all those above-mentioned things active, I could get from level 1-2 by killing just about anything I'll bet. As it is... you get almost 45% of the way to a level with the new increase in base XP drops + Decennial ring anyway.

This should be funny.

Comment

The 8th, huh? Perfect. That gives my friends a week to play Dead Space 3 before we all reactivate.

Btw, who's this Murphie guy?
                          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                            Seriously. Also: Btw, who the fuck is this Taskmage guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
                              The 8th, huh? Perfect. That gives my friends a week to play Dead Space 3 before we all reactivate.

I think he's new. Just joined or something.
                              Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                              Name: Drjones
                              Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Working...
                              X