Point Allocation Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point Allocation Tool

The provisional simulator of FINAL FANTASY14(Patch1.20)

I discovered this through eLeMeN FF14 website. I think it's quite handy considering that even if you're able to undo points again (You were not able to in 1.20) that there is a cooldown associated with that every so many points you're undoing.

Re: Point Allocation Tool

By the way, how do we undo points now? I can't figure it out...
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think you undo points at all. When I played a couple months ago before it went Pay-to-play, they auto-allocated points relevant to the class you're currently playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fliegar View Post
        I don't think you undo points at all. When I played a couple months ago before it went Pay-to-play, they auto-allocated points relevant to the class you're currently playing.
        Things have changed. :0 You set your own points again -- sorta.
        sigpic

Comment

There are plus and minus buttons for each stat. The number highlighted down the middle represents the total number of points you are able to change for that cooldown (I believe) but I have not had the need to change it. I could test it out later when I have nothing else to do.

Well ... I just tried and it won't allow me to. I thought I read somewhere that they were going to allow you to change but for some reason they went back on that. I'm guessing it's not going to happen until 2.0 UNLESS I am missing something here.

Comment

So I guess I'm stuck with capped STR and DEX on my THM.
            sigpic
            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
              So I guess I'm stuck with capped STR and DEX on my THM.
              Points are independent for each jobs; for example there's a slight variation in how I allocated my points for my THM vs my CONJ. If you open up your points on the THM you'll notice that you probably have a lot of unspent points.

Comment

Originally posted by Hayde View Post
                Points are independent for each jobs; for example there's a slight variation in how I allocated my points for my THM vs my CONJ. If you open up your points on the THM you'll notice that you probably have a lot of unspent points.
                They are like that. I have my mnk maxed Str, and Dex, with some Vit, but, my mages have none placed in there. My monk wishes to re-ollocate points to increase his damage even further. D:

Wish they would allow you to do it at will though. Haha

Comment

So far the only job that's proving hard to allocate points on in s MRD. Maxing STR is obvious enough, but then dividing the rest between VIT & DEX is tedious as the job can act as a decent secondary tank, and uses VIT as a modifier for skills. Need DEX too for accuracy & parrying, though perhaps I can get away with just gear for that and go pure STR & VIT.
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

I wouldn't use gear for increasing the accuracy too much, unless you have food that can increase accuracy as well. Why not go 1/1 with the Vit/Dex, and raise Str when you can?

Comment

Primary stats have less of an impact the higher level you get, with gear having a more pronounced effect.

Besides, MRD is a secondary tank, but still primarily a DPS class. Need STR & VIT more than DEX for that. (most melee jobs I just crank out STR & DEX but MRD needs VIT and GLA needs VIT & DEX)
                      sigpic

Comment

You just need ACC rings and you're golden. After level 30, STR rings don't do much to increase your dps. You'll benefit directly from +crit, +acc stats off gear. Same with +defense. My gladiator invests heavily in STR, VIT and MND from allocation but for gear, I wear what's available and better than anything else. After equipping two ACC rings I don't miss too much and I use that one move that LNC has that allows you to hit 100% of the time after a miss which helps.

BTW, GLA does NOT need DEX. It doesn't do anything for you since none of your abilities require DEX. Put it into MND instead.

Comment

DEX affects accuracy and block rate. I consider both of those highly important.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                            I agree

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                              You realize it's not 1:1, right? Show me the documentation that outlines this. IIRC, the amount of direct increase is very, very small from baseline stats. So, unless you have proof, you're just conjecturing.

(Note, 1 VIT = 1HP, so I would need 40 VIT to equal one piece of gear that has +40 HP, but the other stats are actually smaller IIRC)

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

The stat system in Final Fantasy XIV seems to be a source of mystery for many players. FF14 runs under a “closed” system, where combat calculations are not made completely open for players.

As a result, there is a lot of confusion (and rightly so) over what attributes and stats should be picked. In this article, you will not only find out what each stat does (or does not), but also what stats are good for what class.

Final Fantasy 14 Stats Guide
                              There are six possible stats that players can choose from each time they get a physical level up: strength, dexterity, vitality, mind, intelligence, and piety.

Strength: Strength is a stat that has been reported to increase physical damage dealt. This is indeed the case, but it seems to have a much bigger effect on TP-generating attacks rather than TP-using effects. In other words, your normal hits will get stronger as strength increases, but your weaponskills will hit for about the same amount of damage. Either way, it increases physical damage, so it is a good stat for Discipline of War (DoW) classes.

All physical DPS classes should consider maxing this out (174 points at 50).

Dexterity: Dexterity is supposed to increase accuracy and critical hit rate, but much testing has reported this to be partially false. I have not seen any evidence suggesting that +DEX has a significant increase in crit-rate. It does help some with physical accuracy now, but some classes more than others. Marauders seem to benefit the most from DEX, but this could be a fluke in testing data. Discipline of War classes can get by with about 20 DEX per 10 levels, though by 50 if you are surviving fights you can always pull from Vit and add to DEX.

The developers have stated that they are looking to fix stats, so this hopefully will be a stat that gets buffed.

Vitality: Vitality increases max HP and is supposed to reduce the amount of damage taken. It definitely increase HP substantially, but the idea that it improves defense is up in the air. It may be like strength, where it only reduces normal hits but not weaponskills. Either way, given that it increases max HP, tanks will want to maximize this stat.

Intelligence: Intelligence works just like Strength does, but for Discipline of Magic (DoM) classes: it seems to increase the damage of your normal attack (i.e. Spirit Dart or the upcoming auto-attack), but seems to have little (if any) effect on weaponskill and spell damage. Either way, it is good to have if you are still leveling up as it will help you fight enemies faster.

Mind: Mind increases max MP, reduces magic damage taken, and increase healing power. It seems to have a very weak effect (if any) on healing power and magic damage taken, so it is really only useful for increasing MP. All classes should get some Mind so they can cast spells, but only get as much as you need to keep your mana pool up – 40 MND is about right for DoW classes, a bit more for DoM classes.

Piety: Piety is supposed to work like Dexterity, but for spells. It is supposed to increase spell accuracy, but it seems to have no effect. Stay away from this stat until it gets fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X