Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be aggroed by a normal monster while doing levequests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be aggroed by a normal monster while doing levequests?

I don't think anyone has answered this yet or not, as I haven't seen anything about it but... Just as the title says, can you be aggroed by monsters that aren't part of the levequest?

Re: Can you be aggroed by a normal monster while doing levequests?

Certain monsters are aggressive, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
      Certain monsters are aggressive, yes.
      That isn't what I was asking. What I was asking was can you be aggroed by monsters while doing a leve quest. Kinda how you aren't aggroed by monsters while doing campaign in FFXI.

Comment

I have not yet been on a leve that has sent me to an area where aggressive enemies were located, but I would assume the same rules would apply. If the player can accept a levequest then run through a dungeon unharmed, simply because the aggressive monsters are now set to leave him alone, that would be stupid broken.

Comment

Yes, unless you are inside an instance you will still get aggro on a leve.
          sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
            Yes, unless you are inside an instance you will still get aggro on a leve.
            Ok, thank you for answering the question.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
              I have not yet been on a leve that has sent me to an area where aggressive enemies were located, but I would assume the same rules would apply. If the player can accept a levequest then run through a dungeon unharmed, simply because the aggressive monsters are now set to leave him alone, that would be stupid broken.
              Do Leves that are Lv10+ in Black Shroud. I can guarantee yo that you will be eaten by Wolves, Anglers and Beeeeeeeeeeeees!
              Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
              Reiko Takahashi
              - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
              Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

I have. I was exploring while having an active GL. I got pwned by some kind of fish by 4.2k of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                  That isn't what I was asking. What I was asking was can you be aggroed by monsters while doing a leve quest. Kinda how you aren't aggroed by monsters while doing campaign in FFXI.
                  Say what?

In campaign they just don't put aggro monsters around the battle area. In Northlands areas, you bet they aggro if you go just outside the battle area. In Beaucedine Glacier (S), the belfry gets erected in front of outside aggro mobs, and Xarcabard (S) has imps on the way from the warp-in point. All tags do is prevent XP loss. (And too bad if you get said aggro just as tags go off and get KO without them.)
                  Elwynn @ Fairy Elwynbelwyn @ Sylph | PS2 PC
                  99 Everything, mostly play PUP, WHM, and sometimes BST
                  F13.1 W60.0 S54.1 G63.2 Cl70.0+1 L70.0 B54.0 A69.4 Co59.6

>2012
                  >not having all jobs at 99

Quasilumin : Examination complete. Examinee unregistered. Kuluu syndrome detected. Displays tendency towards cowardice. Report to infirmary for treatment.

Comment

Working...
                  X