Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysta (Paying for FFXIV's monthly fee)

**You do NOT have to use ClickandBuy, an Ultimate Game Card, or Ultimate Pay to play for your first month. Go to your Square Enix Account online and click Select Service under Service and Options on the left. Then choose Final Fantasy XIV and follow all prompts and it will add the appropriate amount of Crysta (with ONE character) so that you are getting your first month free.**

How to Add Crysta

The following payment methods can be selected for settling service fees in the Square Enix Account Management System.

Square Enix Crysta
    You can pay for options by adding Crysta to your account and using your Crysta balance to pay service fees. To use Crysta, select it on the payment method selection screen.

*Crysta cannot be used as a payment method if you do not have enough in your account.
    *Depending on your country of residence, Crysta may not be available.

Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account
    In addition to Crysta, you can pay for some services with a credit card or debit card using a ClickandBuy account.
    ClickandBuy is an account-based billing system provided by ClickandBuy International Limited. An account can be acquired for free and used to add options and automatically pay service fees per service period. To use credit cards or debit cards as your payment method, select "Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account" from the payment method selection screen. (TGM - See fee chart I put below. There may be a 3.9% fee for funding your ClickandBuy account with money for Crysta.)

*It is possible to register multiple credit cards and debit cards to a single ClickandBuy account.
    *For information on service fees, please refer to the service's website.

Depending on your country of residence, Square Enix Crysta may not be available. If you live in such a location, please use:
    "Credit Card/Debit Card via ClickandBuy account" to settle your service fees.
    *Square Enix Crysta will become available in more countries as they are legally approved.

Adding Crysta is simple!
    Crysta can be added to an account in increments of $5, $10, $20, $30, $50, and $100. Since you can start adding at just five dollars, you won't need to worry about adding too much.
    Even if you don't have a credit or debit card, you can easily and safely purchase Crysta using UltimatePay.

*100 Crysta cost $1.00.
    *A total of 10,000 Crysta ($100) can be added to a single Square Enix account.

Payment via ClickandBuy Account
    ClickandBuy is an account-based billing system provided by ClickandBuy International Limited. In order to use a credit/debit card, you must have a ClickandBuy account, which you can open for free. It is possible to register multiple credit cards and debit cards to a single ClickandBuy account.

Intro

Payment via UltimatePay
    UltimatePay is a payment system handled by PlaySpan Inc. Players using Ultimate Game Cards will have their balance managed as Ultimate Points. Users can select from over 85 different payment methods (although the specific details will differ from country to country).

PlaySpan Marketplace

PLEASE BE AWARE that there may be additional fees for using these services. Take note of this information:

There have been complaints about ClickandBuys tactics. Until we have more information, I would advise using ClickandBuy. The Ultimate Game Card should be available near most of you and is a much safer alternative.

Click and Buy's US Fee Table

Open Account - free

Payment
    Direct Debit - free
    Giropay - free
    direct ebanking - free
    Online Money Transfer - free
    Credit Card - free

Funding your ClickandBuy Account
    Direct Debit - free
    Giropay - free
    direct ebanking - free
    Online Money Transfer - free
    Credit Card - 3.9%

Handling Fee for Withdrawal
    2.75 USD

Chargeback (insufficient funds)
    22.00 USD

Maintenance Fee (per month)
    After 12 months of the ClickandBuy account being inactive we will charge a maintenance fee given that there is credit on your account
    1.50 USD

Book out Fee
    up to 22.00 USD

Outstanding payment reminder Fee
    11.00 USD

Currency Exchange Fee
    5.9%

External collection agency fee
    -

To see the additional fees in GBP and EUR, please use this link and choose the appropriate currency from the drop down list:

Terms and conditions

Playspan Ultimate Play

I was not charged additional fees for using my Paypal account via Ultimate Play. Here is what I learned from using Ultimate Play:

1) You must have an Square Enix account:

Please wait ...

2) After you log into your account, look under Payments and Service Fees (on the left side of the page) and click on Enable Crysta. This will take you to a page where you must input your name and address and confirm it.

3) Once confirmed, you can then go to the Payments and Service Fees section again, and choose Add Crysta. Click on that and you will be taken to a page where you can choose to purchase Crysta. Crysta can be purchased in increments of:

500 Crysta (USD 5.00)
    1,000 Crysta (USD 10.00)
    2,000 Crysta (USD 20.00)
    3,000 Crysta (USD 30.00)
    5,000 Crysta (USD 50.00)
    10,000 Crysta (USD 100.00)

4) You do NOT need an Ultimate Play account if you are paying with Paypal or the Ultimate Game Card. I was able to use both without logging in to the Ultimate Play website. After you choose how much Crysta you wish to buy (be aware how many points are on your Gaming Card), then click Next. On this page you choose between ClickandBuy and UltimatePay. I am using UltimatePay so I will outline that one. Choose UltimatePay and click Next.

5) **PLEASE BE AWARE that I was not able to do this using Google Chrome. It could have been because of my pop up blocker but I just opened it up in Windows Explorer instead** A box will pop up with 3 choices for you: A) you can choose Paypal and another webpage will open to take you to Paypals website. You will log in there with your email and password OR you will have to create an account if you do not have one. After you log in, it will show you how much Crysta you are buying and the price. Then you click Pay Now and you are basically done. The amount of Crysta will be displayed at the top of your Square Enix Account page.

B) You can use your Ultimate Gamer Card by choosing that tab in the pop up window. It will then ask you for your email address and the PIN from your gamer card. Ultimate Gamer Cards can be purchased at:

Best Buy
    Walmart
    Gamestop
    7-11

Again you can confirm how much Crysta you have by looking at the top of your Square Enix Account page.

C) The third option would be to click the Log In link at the top of the window that popped up. You will then log into your UltimatePay account. (If you'd like to make an account, go here: https://www.ultimatepay.com/app/orde...n/index/reg/1/ ) Once you are logged in, click on the Buy More Points button. On the next page, you will see multiple options for making a payment. **Note: I do not know if there are additional fees for any other options besides Paypal and the Ultimate Game Card. Both of those do not have fees.** All the payment options are:

Credit Cards
    Visa
    Mastercard
    American Express
    Discover

Other options
    Western Union
    Check by Fax
    Paypal
    Mailing in Payment
    Ultimate Game Card
    Travelers Express MoneyGram

This window will have the portion to put in your payment information if you are using a credit card. If you are using another option, there are appropriate buttons at the bottom of this page that you use.

**There is also a button to change your country on this page.**
    Last edited by TheGrandMom; 09-22-2010, 08:54 AM.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Crysta (Paying for FFXIV's monthly fee)

WTF is that? o_O

Is that really how you pay for XIV? Maybe I'm just slow, but I never thought I'd ever think POL was the most convenient option available.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
      WTF is that? o_O

Is that really how you pay for XIV? Maybe I'm just slow, but I never thought I'd ever think POL was the most convenient option available.
      you don't have to pay that way.... really that makes it sound way more complicated then it really is, just signed up myself, and it was easy.

Crysta is going to be SE's money, expect to see some type of use for it later other then just paying for your account. The ClickandBuy Account is what you will use if your just going to pay with a credit card like you did in FFXI, just pill out the form like you would any other MMORPG and your good.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

I just updated the information. I paid via Ultimate Pay a couple times so I could get some info for everyone. I'm sorry but I will not be documenting the ClickandBuy system. I do not like the concept and would advise people to use UltimatePay and pick up the Gamer Card (above post tells you where) if you do not want to use a credit card.

I felt like SE just threw this out there at the last minute and now people are floundering trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I'm appalled at the lack of concern by SE as there is little information out there. People want to know how something works and if there are hidden fees BEFOREHAND and not just thrown to the wolves. Again, they disappoint at their lack of concern for their patrons.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

Originally posted by Kailea View Post
        The ClickandBuy Account is what you will use if your just going to pay with a credit card like you did in FFXI, just pill out the form like you would any other MMORPG and your good.
        I advise against using ClickandBuy since there may be hidden fees. There is a 3.9% fee for adding funds to your ClickandBuy account if using a credit card according to their Terms and Conditions. UltimatePay also allows you to use a credit card but I am unaware of if they charge additional fees for their service too. If so, then I recommend getting the Ultimate Game Card or using Paypal. I did not incur any additional fees by using either of those services.

Also be aware that you do NOT have to add Crysta to your account to play for the first month. There will be 1399 Crysta put into your account after you register your NEW copy of FFXIV.
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

eh if I find hidden fees then I will just switch to another payment method, would be my fault for not reading the terms of service anyway.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

The nice thing is, if you pay for the 180 day twice (don't get why there isn't a straight up year option) you save about 1 month of fees, so that's nice.
            sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
              I just updated the information. I paid via Ultimate Pay a couple times so I could get some info for everyone. I'm sorry but I will not be documenting the ClickandBuy system. I do not like the concept and would advise people to use UltimatePay and pick up the Gamer Card (above post tells you where) if you do not want to use a credit card.

I felt like SE just threw this out there at the last minute and now people are floundering trying to figure out what the hell is going on. I'm appalled at the lack of concern by SE as there is little information out there. People want to know how something works and if there are hidden fees BEFOREHAND and not just thrown to the wolves. Again, they disappoint at their lack of concern for their patrons.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 AM ----------

I advise against using ClickandBuy since there may be hidden fees. There is a 3.9% fee for adding funds to your ClickandBuy account if using a credit card according to their Terms and Conditions. UltimatePay also allows you to use a credit card but I am unaware of if they charge additional fees for their service too. If so, then I recommend getting the Ultimate Game Card or using Paypal. I did not incur any additional fees by using either of those services.

Also be aware that you do NOT have to add Crysta to your account to play for the first month. There will be 1399 Crysta put into your account after you register your NEW copy of FFXIV.
              Just because you lived in America and you didn't know how outsider pay POL.

POL is 100% inconvenience to any non US/JAPAN/some European user. I remember friends from taiwan have trouble using visa on it because it specific regional use. Like US version FFXI can't use with a visa outside US. I can see why SE set up this system, so no one would complain about billing issue and everything else.

They can even cut back employees @ this department now to answer your call.

This is conveniences in the fact that you don't have one way to do it and only one way to 100% know you got it right. I can see SE getting smarter now.

Now trusting an international company is another story, no matter how much trust you put into these system there is a chance they sell your information. For a very good example is Hong Kong intac pay system (sorry i have no idea what the english name is) that is commonly use by everyone in hong kong and recognized by gov't (i think). Guess what? this company was later reveal selling individual informations to private companies !
              -add later-

Comment

Crysta isn't even available in my country, oh well.

I'm seriously considering not playing.

Comment

Originally posted by wrongfeifong View Post
                  Just because you lived in America and you didn't know how outsider pay POL.

POL is 100% inconvenience to any non US/JAPAN/some European user. I remember friends from taiwan have trouble using visa on it because it specific regional use. Like US version FFXI can't use with a visa outside US. I can see why SE set up this system, so no one would complain about billing issue and everything else.

They can even cut back employees @ this department now to answer your call.

This is conveniences in the fact that you don't have one way to do it and only one way to 100% know you got it right. I can see SE getting smarter now.

Now trusting an international company is another story, no matter how much trust you put into these system there is a chance they sell your information. For a very good example is Hong Kong intac pay system (sorry i have no idea what the english name is) that is commonly use by everyone in hong kong and recognized by gov't (i think). Guess what? this company was later reveal selling individual informations to private companies !
                  Im in Europe I never had a single problem with POL, it's people making their own problems, I assure you, the system works the same everywhere.
                  signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Using Ultimatepay to add Crysta is easy enough, no extra accounts, no sign ups, no nothing. Especially so if you already have a Paypal account as you can just use that to pay for Ultimatepay.

Clickandbuy however seems super shady and most people have had problems with them in less then a day of people trying to register. Some people even end up being blocked completely by them and having Clickandbuy request they send then a photocopy of their license/passport just to activate their account. Not to mention the inactivity fee you'd incur if you stopped play, and thus stopped using them, for a long period of time.

I suggest going Ultimatepay and just buying Crysta. It's actually super simple to do.
                    "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

I'm sorry, but caps and large font are needed for this.

Originally posted by Ziero View Post
                      ...send then a photocopy of their license/passport just to activate their account...
                      NEVER EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER DO THIS FOR ANYTHING UNLESS IT'S AN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT REQUEST.

Passports are for your eyes and the government only. Even if you have a job abroad and they ask to hold your passport for you, do not do it. While it usually isn't the case with oversea employment options (under normal work conditions), any company asking you to supply a passport and a license is almost surely in the market of identity theft. (Same rules apply with Social Security Cards. Obviously.)

Because of this, avoid ClickandBuy at all costs. Also, some banks in the US will not even allow the charge to go through for ClickandBuy unless you call and verify it. It's automatically denied with many banks for a reason.
                      sigpic

Comment

I found this on the SE page when clicking on the add Crysta option:

Depending on the payment method and amount of Crysta to be added, a surcharge may be incurred for users who have selected UltimatePay (PlaySpan).

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Because of all this payments crap I might just return my CE and just not play XIV. This sucks...

I ended up putting funds on Click and Buy and just withdrawing from it to pay for FFXIV. No fees as of yet.
                        Last edited by israel165; 09-27-2010, 11:00 PM. Reason: update...

Comment

Why can't we just pay with our credit card like most P2P games? -.-;

Comment

I highly suggest you all just buy the cards. I live in the middle of nowhere and we even have the cards here.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by israel165 View Post
                              I found this on the SE page when clicking on the add Crysta option:

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Because of all this payments crap I might just return my CE and just not play XIV. This sucks...
                              Well I used Paypal and the Gamer Card through UltimatePay and have not incurred any additional fees. I think it might be like ClickandBuy and only if you use your credit card.

I advise buying a Ultimate Game Card at

Best Buy
                              Walmart
                              Gamestop
                              7-11

if you want to avoid any additional fees. *Of course, you'll be paying any local taxes so there actually be additional fees lol* Otherwise use Paypal, I have my Paypal hooked up to my debit card and I did not get any additional fees charged to my account. You could have your credit card hooked up or your checking/savings account too and you would not have any additional fees.

Comment

Working...
                              X